Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

alanwilson

might sell one of our rounds - whats it worth?
« on: September 03, 2009, 10:31:42 pm »
we have a round that may be going up for sale.

The round is approx £2700 per month and takes one man 2.5 to 3 weeks to complete.  Nothing too difficult and approx £1000 of the total is commercial.

Just wanting to know what the round is worth in order to see if its worth selling.

Thanks in advance

Alan

I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

daz1977

Re: might sell one of our rounds - whats it worth?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 10:36:13 pm »
where is the round?

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 10:44:14 pm »
Peoples views vary from 3 - 5 - 10 times the monthly value. Its only worth what someone is willing to pay though and will depend how old the round is.
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Sean Dyer

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 10:47:49 pm »
Only you know the value id of thought, the typical average for work that is say £20 - 25 ph is 5 x monthly, and 10 x fortnightly, but id of thought, if it was good work, long est, good payers, compact?, in an area that will expand, average price ie not £5 each but £30 each all has a huge bearing, like you say some is commercial, id want 10 x monthly easily!! but that is 27000 so will someone pay that only you know

What would you pay for it - honestly? There is your price!

Ps dont take advice on rounds off platinum NW lol

R W C

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 10:51:41 pm »
Only you know the value id of thought, the typical average for work that is say £20 - 25 ph is 5 x monthly, and 10 x fortnightly, but id of thought, if it was good work, long est, good payers, compact?, in an area that will expand, average price ie not £5 each but £30 each all has a huge bearing, like you say some is commercial, id want 10 x monthly easily!! but that is 27000 so will someone pay that only you know

What would you pay for it - honestly? There is your price!

hes PCNW now

alanwilson

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 11:01:10 pm »
thanks guys.

when I say the work takes 2.5 to 3 weeks that is for an employee.  I really don't work my guys hard and in all honesty the work could be done in 2 weeks by one man.  I know, I have done the work myself in 9 days.

The reason I ask is because one of my guys might be retiring with ill-health.  He has been a superb employee for a number of years and I am also thinking of relocating. 

The work is based around Braehead and Glasgow.

I was thinking 5 times the monthly return would be a fair price - £13500, does this sound right?
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

Gaby P.

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 11:07:23 pm »

;D ;D ;D

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 07:30:53 am »
If it takes approx 3 weeks (15 days) thats £180 per day, I would have said thats not that good tbh
I wouldnt want to bo shelling out a large sum of money just to earn that little

jonnyald

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 08:00:27 am »
thanks guys.

when I say the work takes 2.5 to 3 weeks that is for an employee.  I really don't work my guys hard and in all honesty the work could be done in 2 weeks by one man.  I know, I have done the work myself in 9 days.

The reason I ask is because one of my guys might be retiring with ill-health.  He has been a superb employee for a number of years and I am also thinking of relocating. 

I was thinking 5 times the monthly return would be a fair price - £13500, does this sound right?
---------------------------------------------------------

thinking of relocating - to sunnier climes?? 

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 09:04:44 am »
If it takes approx 3 weeks (15 days) thats £180 per day, I would have said thats not that good tbh

Im sure you'd find plenty of people out there who'd be perfectly satisfied in paying out shall we say £12,000 to be able to secure the financial stability of their family and the roof over their head and earn £33.000K before tax etc.

Probably lots of redundancy money floating around at the mo.

ronnie paton

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 11:52:10 am »

i thimk £180 a day is very reasonable if you have an employee doing that your making say £100 a day for next to nothing........chris your work must be extremly high class work if you feel £180 a day isnt alot

Davie T

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 12:01:42 pm »
Is the work all external ?   If so is it WFP or trad ?
If the majority of the work is internal it does affect the time calculations !

People nowadays are reluctant to buy commercial work due to the risk factor during this recession.

PCNW

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 01:38:04 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D Dont take any advise from me but if i was you id be selling for 8-10x the monthly value but listen to these guys they call themselves experts  ;D ;D ;D
              8) Times Change But People Dont Want To  8)

PCNW

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 01:42:20 pm »

Dont undervalue your round because you may feel cheeky asking for more - Dont let anyone tell you what its worth just ask for the price you believe its worth - If its as good as you say £27000 if you want a slightly quicker sale tell them £20000 or settle in the middle at £23500

If they tell you its only worth 4x the cleans they will be the ones interested in buying it but will try and drive the price down ... Be CAREFUL

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2009, 09:10:29 pm »
£20,000.00p

Same here.
I'm entering the final stages of a deal that will offload £51k per year of work for £30k
This is not just 'getting rid' of a few streets worth of work but a complete business which will keep a single person in work for 12 months of a year, with the potential to be taking on staff straight away if you want.

martinsadie

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2009, 09:31:11 pm »
£20,000.00p

Same here.
I'm entering the final stages of a deal that will offload £51k per year of work for £30k
This is not just 'getting rid' of a few streets worth of work but a complete business which will keep a single person in work for 12 months of a year, with the potential to be taking on staff straight away if you want.
Following my earlier topic.
We've added up all the rounds and the total value of this business is £50,700 per annum.
With as much help as I can possibly give to get someone up and running, the cost will include all equipment needed (except vehicle).
It should hopefully also include supplying another business (not window cleaning) approx 10,000L of pure water over one or two months £50 per 1000L
The cost for this business is now set at  £40,000
so you dropped £10 grand  ;D

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2009, 10:49:36 pm »
Neil did you sell all the Oakley stuff?

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2009, 10:56:25 pm »
Neil did you sell all the Oakley stuff?

It's going in with the overall package.
It might be worth contacting the buyers when it's all sealed and delivered to see if they want to carry on with the Oakley stuff. There's so few left on it now they might consider off loading it.
I'll give you their details when it's all sorted.

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2009, 10:57:19 pm »
Yea, cheers mate.

Matt

Dean Taberner

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2009, 09:09:53 am »

:P :P :P :P
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk