This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

What is your prefernce ofr brush type on regular cleans, not first clean, just regular 4-6 weekly clean

Flocked, rinse on.
21.4%
3 (21.4%)
Flocked, rinse off.
28.6%
4 (28.6%)
Not flocked, rinse on.
14.3%
2 (14.3%)
Not flocked, rinse off.
35.7%
5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Brush type ~ flocked or not flocked
« on: September 03, 2009, 08:35:02 pm »
Ive been using a flocked brush for the last 6 weeks or so, and over the last few days have become increasingly unsure as to its rinsing capabilities rinsing on the glass.

First job I noticed was a commercial clean, first visit, which admittedly was minging. Went back the next day to do the insides and on some, but not all of the glass the top 2 inches were heavily spotted to say the least. Embarrasingly so!

Did a big georgian place today with sash windows. Has obviously always been done trad before, but since I took it on and now we are on the 5th visit some of the windows are still leaving smears and spotting. Whereas with previous cleans using an unflocked brush things generally looked pretty good and certainly improving on each visit. After todays visit with the flocked brush it was like the first clean again.

Did a place last week, they wanted the insides done today. Went to do them and a good proportion of the windows seem to have some sort of spotting on them. Although the outsides were done last week in pretty atrocious conditions, wet and very very windy. So  much for cleaning in the wet I was thinking, almost too embarrased to ask for the money on the day.

Anyway, 3 recent experiences which could possibly be attributed to brush type, but not entirely of course. However, Im going to be using a non flocked brush from tomorrow and rinse on with confidence.

What are your experiences?

Matt