Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

MJH

Rubbish flow rate.
« on: September 02, 2009, 10:54:10 am »
Hi,

Up until last week my flow rate has been fine, i have a digital vari stream, and 100psi shurflo, this week the green varistream light has been flickering it pumps then stops pumps then stops!!!

When i disconnect the hose reel it works fine so i know its something to do with the hose reel, i can not work it out!!

I am using 100m microbore!! any suggestions? there doesn't seem to be any blockages or kinks!!

Thanks Matt

mark dew

Re: Rubbish flow rate.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 11:30:57 am »
This exact thing happened to me last month. Same symptoms.
In my case it was the spindle in the centre of my reel that was broken and had kinked the hose right at the beginning. 
I unwound the hose fully and didn't find it at 1st. It was only when i started disconnecting everything to put back that i found it.
I was using one of those plastic hozelock reels.

ps i ended buying a new hosereel.

MJH

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 03:24:58 pm »
Thanks Mark, i will unwind the sod again haha!!

This is a metal reel only a couple of months old cheers.

dai

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 04:18:57 pm »
Does it stop and start again continuesly? sometimes the digital Varistream alters the flow rate  without touching it.
I have to reset mine quite often. The cut off pressure can be fine one day and change the next.
Try a setting of 3 B 6.

ftp

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 04:22:33 pm »
How fast is the light flickering? Sounds like your battery could be on the way out?

tomy jackson

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 05:12:30 pm »
i heard tell thers bin a problem with the spindalls in som of the new hose reals

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 06:01:16 pm »
Does it stop and start again continuesly? sometimes the digital Varistream alters the flow rate  without touching it.
I have to reset mine quite often. The cut off pressure can be fine one day and change the next.
Try a setting of 3 B 6.

There are only two settings dai. Cut off pressure (letters and numbers) and flowrate (numbers and b for boost.)

The spindle sounds like it could be an issue, but the flickering green light is a low battery usually, depends on how often it blinks of course.

MJH

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2009, 08:09:04 am »
Cheers guys hose reel looks fine!! the light is continually flickering i have to put it on number 8 or 9 setting just to get a reasonable amount of water out!!

How do you adjust the setting?

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2009, 06:25:52 pm »
Sounds like your battery is going, charge it up.