Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: Alltec
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2005, 05:37:24 pm »
Sadly had to withdraw my name from the list for 2nd June at Gatwick.  :-[
Old customer moving house that day and needs me in at noon to clean carpets once emptied  ::)
Will wait for response to the day, especially Uncle Len, and rebook at a later date.

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2005, 08:43:42 pm »
having started my carpet cleaning business in 2002, I had no data base and only my customers from my window cleaning round,but i thought (wrongly) that i could get loads of work from them, HOW WRONG I WAS!!!  in fact most of these so called loyal customers only saw me as the window cleaner trying to clean carpets and were thinking that " if they make you a bacon butty and give you a cuppa then you would clean the through lounge for free"
HOW WRONG THEY WERE!!!
having read about FASTTRACK, and having thoroughly checked the company out, I took the plunge and joined, remember i had NO customers to speak of, to start withb it was very slow and i seemed to be paying out all the time an d was really skint, but having spoken to one on the guys on the programme who had joined the previous cyear he said " hang in ther and DO NOT DROP YOUR PRICES TO GET WORK" so i did as he advised, work came in slowly but soon i was earning more money in a day than in a whole week of window cleaning and also i did'nt matter about the weather anymore (hoorah)
i still use a portable, work 2/3 jobs a day and have never been as busy , in fact in April i had my best week ever!   but Then again i do keep up the marketing.
i am at a stage now where i work 4.5 - 5 days a week (very rarley a saturday and never on a sunday) start at 9 o clock, fininish at 3-4 o clock, do some quotes and get home about 5.30

THIS IS ALL THANKS TO THE FASTTRACT WAY OF THINKING, AND I THANK GOD I TOOK THE PLUNGE 3 YEARS AGO!!

Len Gribble

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2005, 09:12:03 pm »
Chris

Time management is needed; do you want to borrow the TM or at least my hitec state of the art machine (Ninja) this is what is stated in my local rag, still a good machine cant get my head round hitec (hi-tech). Nor the picture of filling the machine in the front room?

Any way must be limited in numbers; so not seeing old faces must be a bonus! ;D ;D

All

See a lot of first time posters here on a promo ad very sad, your credibility is a bit suspect  but at least some have given the names.

I have been on one their fast track days in Windsor a few years ago and thought the same, I want your money! They did not get it, think they have fine-tuned sales approach to you, isn’t that what we do to customers, go on it’s FREE some will say I will lose a days work will you! And then make your own mind up!

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2005, 09:14:44 pm »
Hi Colin are you still on anger management?

have you heard anything from Gary Sayers?

Give me a call sometime, I'll not bore you like I did at Mold!!

Shaun

07968 106047

therapist

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2005, 07:47:31 pm »
I can fly ( in a plane ) from Glasgow to London for as little as £19

R M

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2005, 02:45:27 am »
Len,

Like you have been a bit concerned about testimonials.

Just hope some look in regularly and contribute and do not constantly mention Fastrack, Ultimate Master, Promite etc.

Because to keep balance I will have to mention One Step, Prochem Extracta, Ashbys and whats the name of that producy ??? ??? Allergy Stop.

Not forgeting our sponsor.

Len Gribble

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2005, 08:54:01 am »
Ian

I don’t have problem with testimonials, what doses concern me if one looks at their profiles note how many posts made, coincidence!

Like you hope they stay on board.

How can I forget the forum sponsor I got my machine from them!

Len 
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Doug Holloway

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2005, 10:35:51 am »
Len,

You old cynic ,  BUT when I reread this thread your'e right :D

Four brand new posters all extolling the virtues ;)

Cheers,

Doug

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2005, 08:03:58 pm »
Hi Shaun,

i've leaned that by calling people " Peasants" when doing a quote did'nt really work!  so now im much calmer and get pretty much most of the jobs i go for.

if people don't want to pay the price for a professional, quality service,then i just walk away.

anyhow business is fantastic and its been the best start to the year i've ever had.

i think the real secret is just to do consistant marketing, it does'nt have to be a hugh amount, but constant,

i've booked jobs from flyers that went out months ago, but if the AD is interesting enough, and full of usefull information, then i find people do keep them for when THEY are ready to use you.

anyway as for all the sceptics out there, i do champion the fasttrack for very good reasons, IT WORKS.

i do run what i consider to be a successfull and ethical business and people who can vouch for that

Dave lee, Shaun Ashmore, john Flynn, steve gunn and of course Nick from solutions (p.s i also use this range of products as well)

Len Gribble

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2005, 08:38:49 pm »
Doug

Old head on a young body, consistence that helps, just like direct marketing!

In no way am I having a go at them, think there input would be very beneficial to all.

Colin

Now I understand what Shaun meant by anger management by the names you listed! ;D ;D

Len

Dave_Lee

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2005, 09:24:02 pm »
Colin,
I remember a couple of years ago when you had just started, and I know how desperate and skint you were. When I questioned your high prices and your lack of jobs, you were determined to stick to the price, often with the comment " I'm not working for nothing." We were on the same Fast Track course, you were a new starter and I had already 22 plus years in. I put my prices up 50% straight away (which  had no adverse effect, jobs wise) but even with that your prices were still somewhat higher, and youve raised them a few times since. Last November and December were my best ever two months and I know that our takings during that time were similar, the thing was for those two months I did around, 150 jobs to your 65 or so. You now have a very successful, lucrative business, which you would not have, had you not taken the plunge and done the Fast Track, by your own admission, and the way you thought at the time, if you had just set up and done things as YOU thought even though your had done the relevent  courses, you would now be like a lot of other CCs in your area - a low priced, rushing around price cutting fool, who didnt have a clue.
Well done for sticking by your principles and listening to those who really do know and for anyone just starting out or wanting to change their bad habits, find out more about the Fast Track, be single minded and dont listen to those who knock it just because they have not got the bottle to splash the cash and go for it.
Dave. (Im not angry, just being serious  ;D)
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2005, 12:04:51 am »
Well Colin got to twp.

Len Mike told me he sold you a truckmount.

I said I would like one but Blinds take to much of my time,  for little profit.

What Fast Track is about is breaking the old repeditive cycle.

Think the saying goes if you do today what you did yesterday thats what you will get.

Gavin Reardon

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2005, 09:04:03 am »
Ian

If you always do, what you have always done. you will always get, what you have always got  ;D

Regards Gavin
Gavin Reardon IICRC / NCCA

www.ace-cleaning.co.uk

John_Flynn

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2005, 03:12:59 pm »
Good word about Colin, Dave.

I too remember when Colin 1st started he would call me and say " What have I done John all my savings have gone, but he stuck at it and then BANG it all dropped into place and now as Dave says, Colin has one hell of a sucessful business, much better than mine and I been at it 6 years (too long).

Well done Colin you are the one guy to prove all these sceptics of Fast Trak wrong, you took the bit in your mouth and went for it.

Again I say " Congratulations Colin Bright"
I get better looking each day!!

Martin S

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2005, 04:36:18 pm »
Dave Lee/John Flynn,

How good it is to see people being positive and congratulating to others.  I'm sure Colin must feel proud to have acheived this, and to receive encouragement from people such as yourselves.

Your sentiments show all that's best in people in this industry.

Long may you both prosper too.

Martin

(just a beginner also, but hoping to get there one day)
Martin

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2005, 07:39:01 pm »
Ian, I think youve got your colin's mixed up

i dont have a truckmount!

Len Gribble

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2005, 08:03:25 pm »
Colin

Think Ian was referring to me, even I had to reread (Len Mike) unless it something to do with abbreviation TWP!

Ian

Yes he beat all my local distributors prices, think the word is greed in a big way on their part and they only had to make phone calls and pay money in to the bank. :(

Len

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2005, 08:03:14 am »
Colin,

One thing you will learn is I cannot type.

Although I should THINK before I post I tend to use this board as if you were talking to mates down the pub, so I rarely re read what I have posted

However I am amazed that a Fast Tracker has not got a Truckmount I thought they were included in the price ;D ;D ;D

Seriously what I meant was Colin has got to Two posts, now you are at Three .

Regards

Ian

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2005, 08:54:05 am »
Make that 4

John_Flynn

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2005, 08:57:14 am »
Colin get out there and give them Custards some Verbal !!
I get better looking each day!!