Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DanielWelford

NCCA
« on: May 14, 2005, 08:49:51 pm »
I recently cleaned a suite for a customer and once finished, dried off with 2 turbo dryers...not 100%, but nigh on 95%.

Anyway, customer asks when will it be fully dry, and I say a cuople of hours (only a couple of damp spots on arms) and suggets that put heating on and open a window just to ensure.

Get call the following day from customer complaining that took nearly 4 hours for it to dry fully and that whilst it was a great job wanted full refund.

I suggested that she was taking me at my word a bit literally, and reminded her that the damp areas would not have prevented her from enjoying the comfort of her suite. Nevertheless I suggested a 25% refund, to which she retorted that she would think about and hung up.

Then yesterday received a letter from the NCCA telling me that if I did not send her a cheque for a full refund, then they would consider not renewing my membership!!!!!!!

Quite frankly they can x"£X%&*"XX if you catch my drift.

Dan

David_Annable

Re: NCCA
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 09:11:26 pm »
Hi Dan

For me the most inportant thing is that the item should be clean. drying time is an other matter.

The NCCA should be supporting us, we are supporting them through our subs.

Had you spoken to anybody at the NCCA before you got the letter.

Dave

PS The Ncca are in a difficult possition and can easily end up in the middle.
NCCA, Woolsafe, IICRC Leather Cleaning Technician

DanielWelford

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 09:19:46 pm »
Hi David

I had not spoken to anyone.

First contact was the demand.........I dont think I will bother renewing my membership now.

Dan  :'(

Len Gribble

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 10:41:02 pm »
Dan

Never ever had a call back on upholstery, may have walked away from a few

My question quote “I recently cleaned a suite for a customer and once finished, dried off with 2 turbo dryers...not 100%, but nigh on 95%.” How did you know? By the way I don’t!

Then you go on to say “I suggested that she was taking me at my word a bit literally” have to emphasize my word is my bond then I have a very unusual surname and not a member.

Facts are needed, you are asking us to make a judgement discussion on the ncca, very easy to scan and post, then all will make up there minds and ask you and the ncca to provided data via the forum.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

mark_roberts

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2005, 10:42:25 pm »
If its the way you say it is then thats well out of order.  As a intermediatory (sp) they should have contacted you for your side of the story.

I suggest you speak to Derek asap.

Mark

ian richards

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2005, 08:08:02 am »
I find this very strange.

The NCCA's policy is, i believe, is to send someone out to assess the situation.
I'm pretty sure that Paul Pearce has done it on more than one occasion.

I would phone the NCCA, and get them to confirm that they actually sent the letter out to you, and if they have, ask them to clarify how they came to their conclusion ???

Personaly, i dont think that they sent it, and you are quite possibly being stitched up >:(

Ian

Derek

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2005, 08:41:13 am »
Hi

The NCCA's procedure on receiving a complaint from a member's customer is to send out complaint forms 'to both parties'
No decision can be made until this has been done.

I suggest you call the NCCA office on Monday morning

Incidentally specifying a precise time for drying carpets or upholstery is a risky business as there are so many variables to take into consideration.

Derek

Karl Wildey

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2005, 12:58:42 pm »
Sounds like the NCCA have got two jobs meddled up, or to be frank I bl@@dy hope so.
You are in the cleaning business and it is clean, the fact it took 4 hours to dry has nothing to do with the service you have provided.
You can not claim money off someone unless there is a permament problem, ie you ruined the suite. Your contract with the custard is to clean the suite and you have done this.
I would not even give a 25% discount, and would rather lose the custard.

therapist

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2005, 04:43:35 pm »
Clearly, none of us reading this, know what you told the client to expect and what standard was achieved, in cleanlieness, or drying time.

However. If the suite was lightly,or moderately soiled and there was no reason, other than overwetting, for the extraordinarily long drying time, particularly when using such extreme measures, something has gone wrong, assuming you are not new to the business.

If you normally achieve better results, then you should start by checking your machine over, particularly the filters, it might be obvious to me, or most of the others on here, but this check is not obvious to untrained, or inexperienced operators.

A clogged air filter, results in reduced vacuum / airflow, which results in overwetting. Yes it should be obvious to anyone that the return tank has much less in it than you'd expect, but it happens !!

No matter what the cause , I can't imagine any association behaving in this way and don't believe they would..

Good luck

r m

Karl Wildey

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2005, 04:55:45 pm »
 Therapist.
It took 4 hours to dry, that is fine, are sure you read this right

therapist

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2005, 05:35:30 pm »
Four hours with assisted drying is not, in my opinion, " fine "
and that's why I suggested, that something " mechanical " might be the cause.

Even  with a very lightweight portable I'd still expect most suites to be, at least partially dry in two hours.

My comments were not meant to offend, but to help!!!!!!!!!!

r m

therapist

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2005, 05:41:11 pm »
Possibly splitting hairs, but, did she say FULLY DRY when discussing it with you. It might be important !!!!!!!

PS

If I knew I'd done an excellent job for someone and believed that no one would have done it better.

I would not refund any of my hard earned payment.

Len Gribble

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2005, 06:39:27 pm »
Dan

What’s your marketing strategy? Dry in ??? Looking in one of my local rags they cover them selves with the word can!

You are asking us to take your word that you have done nothing wrong, but your post is a bit contradictory. Refund/discount on drying times no way!

I want to see a copy of the ncca letter and the signatures even if a pp, don’t suppose that will happen! :(

Let us know the out come of your phone conversation with ncca, get names!

Often I get calls can you get stains out! What is the reply? ;D

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

DanielWelford

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2005, 08:18:38 pm »
Hi Len

I will be on the phone to them tomorrow, and will post and update asap.

As far as quality, have cleaned lots, no complaints to date.

Always use 2 turbo dryers to speed up drying time, and do not leave until suite is ready to use again.

Particular suite in question was quite dirty thus extended drying time.

Talk soon

Dan

Len Gribble

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2005, 08:53:42 pm »
Dan

No way is a pop at you; I know what customers are like! And hopefully there are cross wires between you and the ncca.

You put a lot of cred on dryers never slow in coming forwards I DON’T USE THEM! Waiting for the flack but they need to quantify!

Len

Derek

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2005, 04:43:00 pm »
Daniel

I am intrigued.... the NCCA complaint procedures are as I stated in a previous post and I cannot understand why you in fact got the letter you described... 
Perhaps you would be kind enough to contact me direct on:-
dfbolton@aol.com

Something is not quite right...

Derek

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2005, 05:42:25 pm »
Do you offer a Satisfaction guarantee?

We all need to be careful when talking about drying times but I beliewve there are reccomended dry buy times issued by NCCA.

Dont leave us without the final answer as if letter was from NCCA  we all need to know

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2005, 05:48:55 pm »
Dan

Do you think it's a genuine NCCA letter, or does it look as though someone may have composed their own heading on a PC?

Just asking ::)

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

John_Flynn

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2005, 07:04:02 pm »
My thoughts too Uncle Ken.
I get better looking each day!!

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2005, 11:27:50 pm »
If so, pm me the address and i will pop round and discuss various ways in which we can improve their behaviour ;)