Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Halliday

what time do you get up?
« on: May 14, 2005, 06:25:47 am »
I see its 6.20 and me and Ian are up & about (even on a saturday :o )

what time do you normally get up on a normal working day? and what time do you book your first job?, my first job is 8.00 this morning and usually book the first for 9.00 ( although I'm thinking of trying to book the first at 8.00 every day)

I get up at about 6ish every morning and do all the van cleaning, topping up chemicals  etc

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Big_Fish

Re: what time do you get up?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 06:56:07 am »
Always up and about between 5.30 and 6am. Van gets cleaned and sorted (although a big sort out and clean once a week). Chemicals topped up, try to cover all possibilities!
(...And get 4 children ready for school).

The night before we sort that day's paperwork and get job sheets out for the following day. On Friday evening, we get Monday's jobs out. We try not to book anything for a Saturday afternoon and never work on a Sunday. Still up by 6.30 on a Saturday though as we run a Coffee Shop at our church from 9 - 12.

First job is booked usually somewhere between 8.30 and 9.15am.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005, 07:40:17 am »
Normally up just after 6, especially with these light mornings, the "Dawn chorus" woke me up at 4am this morning, I think I must have had a whole flock of blackbirds sat on my window sill, got up and made myself a cup of tea and some toast.

Been on ebay looking for some new gear for work.

Karl Wildey

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2005, 09:50:47 am »
Up at 8am during week when veryone has left, nice and quiet and I can put the dishes away, clean and clear up.
First job booked for 9.15, so miss the school/work runs.
At w/ends I 'm up when I have to be. No later than 10.30, but depends on what is happening either that moring and the night before.

Not a slave to my business, anymore.

Michel Roberts

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2005, 11:39:14 am »
Usually get yp when the baby does between 6.30 and seven

Usually leave for work between 10.30 and eleven

Michel

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2005, 06:16:13 pm »
6am to 6.30 but I like to do van about 10 ish at night as I tend to forget things in the morning.

Shaun

ABLECLEAN

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2005, 08:02:46 pm »
get up at 7.30am after the missus has cleared the bathroom and before my son gets up for school. First job always after the school run 9-9.30am.

Len Gribble

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2005, 08:10:48 pm »
About 6 every day always book jobs for 9.30 local 10 if a distance, fill van in mornings, as I like to see the office workers walking to station!

The best bit is getting home around 4 to 5 and going out after neighbours to washing the van and watching the office soldiers come home, you can see it there eyes and some have made comments.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2005, 08:21:50 pm »
am i one of the few , start about 10.30 little trafic, and finish about 7.30 or earlier, i find it difficult booking punters at 8 am
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

DanielWelford

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2005, 08:28:42 pm »
At the office before 8 and finish when the last job is done. If doing big commercial job, can finish as late as midnight. (Latest finish was 1am) :'(

Dan

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2005, 08:58:12 pm »
I agree Sherlock, not many punters want you in before 9 oclock. By the way what's all this stuff about those who clean their vans before starting work EVERY DAY! I don't believe you!!!!!!!  ;)

Len Gribble

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2005, 09:40:29 pm »
Steve

Have to agree washing van in morning mad still getting ground frost here, have not cleaned van this evening no work tomorrow, change of orders we are going too! Think a splash and dash is needed on the van in the morning! :( :(

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Mike Halliday

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2005, 09:55:18 pm »
i went through a state of starting work at 8am every morning, I can't remember anyone objecting.

to say no one want you in before 9 is just an excuse to stay in bed longer ;)

Sherlock, I thought you had staff, do they start at 10.30 also.

Mike

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2005, 10:38:30 pm »
no thy start earlier or later
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2005, 11:23:06 pm »
Usually up around seven, but my question for you earlier risers is what time do you go to bed at.? I seldom go to bed before eleven, most times nearer to midnight, probably not getting enough sleep, but I think as you get older you need less.

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2005, 11:25:54 pm »
Prefer to start job around 0700 - 0730.
Get tea, payment and key. They go to work, i do job and lock up.
Most days I could be home by 1300 and have time to sort paperwork, chemicals and van for the morning. I beat the rush hour in both directions most days
I can spend the rest of my time on what i please, the reason i work for myself  :D

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2005, 11:28:30 pm »
is that because they are commuting to london or somewere

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2005, 06:12:01 am »
im off to a car boot sale 06 11

Mike Halliday

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2005, 07:21:51 am »
Fintan, I go to bed about 10.30 

did'nt Joe polish write an article about geting up 1 hour earlier, over a week this almost gives you an extra working day.

and George Washington once put his success down to the fact that 'the sun never caught him in bed'

the idea that some people don't want you there before 9.30-10.00 could again come down to a pricing issue, could it be the peoople who can't afford high prices are on benefits so don't have to get up for work so stay in bed longer.

I di a lot of work for retired persons who are up & about before 7am so don't mind an earliy appiontment.

Mike

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2005, 08:25:46 am »
I am only 10 miles from Chelsea and can get there in 20 minutes.
Leave after 7.30 and it will take over an hour, no one pays me to sit in traffic.
Early start and early finish suits me and means i get to pick kids up from school when i choose. My wife is astonished at how many mums come and talk to me, when they ignore her completely  ;D