Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

peter maybury

carpet clamps
« on: August 14, 2009, 08:54:04 am »
I am trying to find a stockist of carpet clamps for turbo dryers.
any suggestions?

Peter

Joe H

Re: carpet clamps
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 11:26:31 am »
What is a carpet clamp for turbo dryers?

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 12:34:57 pm »
Joe, probably better known as a T.D.C.C :-\ :-\

expro

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 12:44:44 pm »
 Have you tried the manufacturer or Prochem??
Expro

Dennis

peter maybury

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 07:40:09 pm »
Joe
a carpet clamp, clamps a carpet to a turbo dryer so that the air will blow underneath the carpet. When used for drying flood damaged carpets and floors.
I have found them for this price just seemed a bit salty when I could do with at least 6 of them.
out for a bargain................

Peter

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 10:37:33 pm »
Unless I'm missing something the question hasn't really been answered.

When you lift a carpet to blow air underneath you need to clamp it to the blower to keep the carpet under tension, as if it was still grippered to the outside of the room. As such the air blows underneath the carpet rather than creating a "flap" of carpet which prevents the blower from doing its job.

The clamp needs to be attached to the blower otherwise "clamping" the carpet will have no discernible effect.

As far as I am aware you need to buy the blowers with the clamp as an integral part. I am not aware that you can add a clamp at a further date. They work by folding the carpet in the corner of the room where you site the blower and it takes up the slack by folding over the part of the carpet where the blower is sitting. It works on a screw thread basis with a large "footprint" holding the folded piece of carpet in tension so that no crease is formed where the carpet is folded.

(I know what I mean by this description-I hope it makes sense to you guys.)

Try "Dri-Eaze". They sell the same blowers the same as Prochem (as far as I am aware) but for a fraction of the cost as they are not "Prochem" badged.
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

peter maybury

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2009, 10:54:05 pm »
The bodies of most dryers are the same you buy them with or without clamps I have 15 dryers of which only 6 have clamps. I would like to add clamps to another 6 at least to give me a bit more flexibility.

Peter

will01

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2009, 10:55:02 pm »
When I first read the title I thot it was some sort of sexual disease :D