Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Gerrard

Sebo Duo
« on: August 13, 2009, 10:07:18 pm »
Any thoughts on the Sebo Duo. I'm thinking of getting one for domestic jobs. We have a scrubbing brush attachment for the RX20 but that is a little too heavy.

Simon

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

Re: Sebo Duo
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 10:08:56 pm »
I just bought a new one Simon after my old one packed up.

I think it's fine for domestic, not as heavy as an envirodri but then its a quarter of the price.

Steve

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 10:16:44 pm »
They do the job. Had one three years now.

The downsides are cleaning them regularly cos they clog with fibres, and not heavy enough to really do a good job.

Talking to someone today about getting an Oreck Orbiter instead, but I think they are pricey for what they are.

Simon Gerrard

derek west

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 10:30:38 pm »

not heavy enough to really do a good job.

mike
they are when you push down on them. not adviseable i know, but i do do, ;D ha ha, do do, sorry, makes me laugh.
derek

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 10:34:21 pm »
Simon the Sebo will be ideal for a man of your age :P

Nice and light  ::)

Paul_Ashworth

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 10:36:18 pm »
They dont last very long im on my second and its getting knackered, They are very lightweight tho so make them ideal for domestic jobs. The envirodri's are a bit heavy to lug upstairs and i always use a rotary with brush on commercial.

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 10:40:54 pm »
Derek

I had a vision of you going around the carpet on it like a scooter. ;D

Simon at a guess I's say 10-12lbs

derek west

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 10:44:20 pm »
Derek

I had a vision of you going around the carpet on it like a scooter. ;D

Simon at a guess I's say 10-12lbs
ive not lost that much weight mike. ;D stop putting ideas into my head.
derek

kinder clean

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 10:59:39 pm »
Mike keep checking ebay, i got one for £50, hardly used.

Paul

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 11:05:28 pm »
I've been happy with it's performance.... I've had mine for a few weeks now!

robert meldrum

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 11:57:48 pm »
The Sebo is VERY light and only skims over the top
The Oreck is very slow in use as it's small also pulls up loads of cut pile with it's narrow brush
If you have more than 200psi and good vacuumation do you really need to aggitate ?

If you prespray adequately and allow sufficient dwell time you will get the result you want and reduce the time taken to clean

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2009, 02:41:35 pm »
Robert,
I used to think along very similar lines until a few months ago when I got a scrubbing brush attachment for my RX20. The results left me somewhat embarrassed even though I'd brushed in the pre-spray previously with a carpet brush.
The other thing of course is that any mechanical agitation will seriously enhance the effectiveness of the pre-spray, plus dislodge some of the more encrusted soils within the carpet. When you extract you use a lot less water and the carpet is dryer. At least that's how I see it.

Simon

Art

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2009, 02:55:22 pm »

The downsides are cleaning them regularly cos they clog with fibres, and not heavy enough to really do a good job.

Talking to someone today about getting an Oreck Orbiter instead, but I think they are pricey for what they are.

Mike i've got one for sale

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2009, 03:02:28 pm »
it all depends on who she is singing with i guess ::)

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2009, 03:51:32 pm »
Art

May be interested, how much are we talking here?

Simon

Does this mean you will be using agitation on the ships if that means a superior clean?

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2009, 04:04:20 pm »
i am sorry, this will never catch on....do you expect me to watch susan boyle on telly agitating poor folk on a cruise ship with her rendition of i deamed a dream? 8)

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2009, 04:30:18 pm »
Mike,
Short answer, no, not as a matter of course, but then we don't scrub every domestic carpet either. When you've got over a thousand yards of carpet to clean in three and a half hours, there simply isn't time to scrub every and besides which we use RX20's which is mechanical action within the cleaning process. The difference between cleaning carpets on cruise ships and similar facilities on land is that the carpets on ships are of a very high quality and are cleaned every year without fail. Time pressing or not, we do rotary scrub some areas, particularly in the restaurant / galley entrances where they tend to get quite greasy. This is why we have scrubbing brush attachments for the RX20's so we can switch heads in a few seconds and not have to hump another heavy machine onto the ship.

Simon

Art

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2009, 04:36:56 pm »
Art

May be interested, how much are we talking here?

Simon

Does this mean you will be using agitation on the ships if that means a superior clean?

Mike,
£200 but you would have to arrange pick up from windsor berkshire

Arthur