Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul.g

benefits of mechanical agitation
« on: August 12, 2009, 09:45:58 pm »
Hi, I wandered if there was any benefit in mechanical agitation over a pile brush. If there was a difference would it be noticable and are there any disadvantages in using the mechanical method. I am thinking of investing in a Sebo carpet agitator is it a good idea?

derek west

Re: benefits of mechanical agitation
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 09:53:22 pm »
you'll feel the benefits in your lower back ;D
why bark if you can afford a dog.
sebo's are okay but theres better out there.

i use a sebo and its good enough but i do follow up with a trucky.

derek

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 10:05:05 pm »
Now that's a damned good question.
The answer is that there are many benefits of mechanical agitation.
You won't need it on every carpet, though some do use scrubbers on every job.
It does seriously add to the overall effectiveness of your prespray whilst at the same time agitates the encrusted soil deep down the carpet pile and therefore makes the extraction process that much more effective.
You may  not see the difference on a visual level but its effect is in the quality of the clean.
It's something that IMO you must have on your van.

Simon

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 10:11:02 pm »
You will get the added benefit of extra pile lift which is a great selling point.

Shaun

Mark Lane-Matthews

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 11:57:31 pm »
It will also collect anymore rubbish thats in the carpet after a pre vac such as pet hair and broken fibres

Mark

richy27

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 12:01:28 am »
apart from the the obvious benefits as stated in current posts it also looks more prof from a custys point of view. started with a brush moved on to a sebo and now use an envirodri

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 12:14:15 am »
It's also good if your prespraying is a bit hit and miss.

Joe H

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 08:27:04 am »
Use something like an Envirodri (or Host), heavier duty then the Sebo Duo, and you will see some marks "disappearing" before your eyes - ready to be flushed out with water. You know your life is going to be easier that day when it does that.

clinton

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 08:33:16 am »
Joe

What machine do you use ???

Cheers

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 08:40:17 am »
I've been using the Sebo Duo on the commercial job I've been doing expecting it to be rubbish (As sugested on here) But the results are outstanding. I'm getting better results than last year but I think the Advance has a large part to play, (An extra 300psi and more air flow!)

Next year I hope we will be armed with something a bit "Meatier" the RX20 or something of that nature!

Joe H

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 09:28:06 am »
Clinton
I got the Envirodri Gen4 - 2 years ago now. Dont use it on every job, but when I do the results are good.

kinder clean

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 04:43:31 pm »
Cleaned an entire carpet with a pre spray and a sebo duo this morning. Not good practice I know, but I was told it was a ground floor apt when it was a 4th floor apt and the tennants are moving in tonight, got all the stains out and looked great.

Paul

garyfindlay

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009, 08:40:08 pm »
I use a rotowash. A bit heavy but is superb on minging carpets, and looks clean before you extract.

derek west

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2009, 08:54:08 pm »
good thing about the sebo is there light enough to use on stairs, did some absolutely minging pub stairs leading up to the living quarters today, and i mean minging, used the sebo with a tanker load of powerburst hot. came up a treat. landlord was gobsmacked. seriously gob smacked. must admit, so was i. first time ive used the sebo on stairs and they were really easy due to its light weight. if i ever up grade to an enviro or flexi, i'll keep the sebo for stairs just incase i come across ones like today.
derek
ps... my worker took a picture of the stairs then forgot the after picture, bloody muppet ;D

Ricky M

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2009, 09:33:03 pm »
Never used any mech agg other than a rotary on the real mingers , fancy a enviro but when using a stiff brush coupled with the right chem and a tm they seem to come up well IMO and my clients cause they book up again

I like re-booking clients  :-* :-* :-*
 ;D
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

paul.g

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2009, 12:00:31 am »
Hi, I wandered if there was any benefit in mechanical agitation over a pile brush. If there was a difference would it be noticable and are there any disadvantages in using the mechanical method. I am thinking of investing in a Sebo carpet agitator is it a good idea?
Thank you everyone for some brilliant advice (again) I think I might start of with a Sebo Duo and see how it goes. THANKS. Paul.

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2009, 06:35:13 am »
Tm  ???
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2009, 08:34:13 am »
Hm Tony just what I thought ???

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2009, 12:59:07 pm »