Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kinder clean

Show us your van pics and what do you think of this ?
« on: August 12, 2009, 05:23:55 pm »
I've finally got round to stripping the old decals off (no easy task) I'm 'de - greening' the van, I think it puts more people off than
it attracts. ( a comment Simon made when i first had it done ! )

I've decided to keep it simple, a design that leaves no doubt at a glance what I do and I want a tag line, I was thinking something like 'We Leave Your Carpets Clean Soft and Citrus Fresh'

What I do want is a photo on the van, something to grab peoples attention, I have attached the one that's favourite at the moment. (2 versions)

Any input greatly appreciated and photos of your own van for some inspiration.

(My van is a Ford transit connect in white)

Paul

John Kelly

Re: Show us your van pics and what do you think of this ?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 06:14:41 pm »
Bottom one much more attention grabbing.

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 06:27:38 pm »
I'd photoshop a carpet in

Pristine Clean

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 07:14:47 pm »
Paul,

I have a question why does the baby, leave no doubt in peoples minds that you are a CC.

Or have I missed something.

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 07:23:18 pm »
Kids sell, period look at Ricky's site, looks good IMO.

Shaun

colin thomas

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 07:25:49 pm »
personally i like to keep it simple, don't 'overwrite' the van but have something to say what you do, i was going to have a 'clean' van with no writing at all and my daughters were horrified, 'you will look like a gippo dad' (sorry any irish), i saw their point and keep it simple,

colin
colin thomas

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 07:36:38 pm »
Is that because you are simple Colin? ha ha!

I have a picture of a good looking young man on both sides of my van but he does look poor!

Shaun

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 07:43:48 pm »
Your van is a moving advertising hoarding and if done right can create the right impression and generate work while you're driving around.
I don't think pictures of children quiet does it. Who you are, what you do, and how to contact you is all you need and if you can make it look great with logos etc it's money well spent.

Simon

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 08:27:34 pm »
Have to agree with Simon.

I don't understand the current fascination with pictures of babies and carpet cleaning.

And as we all know, the fact that we think it looks good is no indication of what the client thinks.

My van leaves no-one under any illusion about who I am and what I do and how to contact me.

Steve

derek west

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 08:39:21 pm »
no pickies for me, just the usual bollox but with a bit of flare, (well i think so anyhoo).
90% of my custies ask if i'm a franchise, not sure thats a good thing though.
derek

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 08:47:18 pm »
Only pictures I've got at the moment - the rest are on my Blackberry and I can't work out how to upload them  >:(

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2009, 10:30:13 pm »
Fine looking yacht you've got there too, Simon.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2009, 10:39:29 pm »
Yeah, well we like to arrive in style. Trouble is, we couldn't get it docked at Wigan Pier ;D
Simon

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2009, 10:42:33 pm »
Image asking your customer if they minded you using their drive so you can park on it.

Shaun

kinder clean

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2009, 05:32:28 pm »
The idea with this kind of picture is that it grabs attention, makes people look twice and entices them to read your info.

The reason I thought this particular photo worked well was because its not just a little kid, they are also covered in food so theirs a connection, you can assume  they also got crap all over the carpet, or maybe I've just spent way to much time on this.  ;D

What its aiming to do is give that " Ooh whats that all about, what does he do? " so are more likely to read your details.

I went off the idea of a logo after what was pointed out after one of my previous posts, they are only really any use to large corporate types.

Just look on the roads, at the stream of vans from all types of trade, they all look identical, white van, non descript logo, company name and details, the ones that really annoy me are the ones where after reading all the info on the van your still non the wiser what the hell they do for a living !  ??? I feel like ringing them up and telling them the error of their ways - " yeah mate, I tell you where your going wrong you need a picture of a baby on there !  ;D

Paul

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2009, 05:47:15 pm »
I think people look at vans because the really well thought ones are striking to look at and perhaps more importantly look professional. A picture of a kid just doesn't do it. The picture surely has to show what you do. A picture of a before and after would be more effective than some snotty nosed kid that no one has even the faintest connection to. If you're going to use a picture, why not one that shows people what they are going to get from you and thereby let the picture do the talking.

Simon

carpetfitta

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2009, 07:08:31 pm »
its a good pic if you photoshop the kiddy catcher from chitty chitty bang bang in the background, and thats ur job... ;D
baz long
carpet cleaner/fitter

suffolkclean

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2009, 07:32:15 pm »
Paul great pictures but I had exactly the same idea a few months back. Thought it looked cute took mock up to the sign writters & they said ' whats a baby got to do with carpet cleaning' ? They said they would no way think from that picture we do carpet cleaning, so it put me off. You need a picture to clearly show what you do

suffolkclean

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2009, 07:33:40 pm »
Back!