This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DaveG

liability
« on: August 09, 2009, 12:14:13 pm »
Before i ring my insurers tomorrow any of you guys know how much extra ill pay for 1 employee??

Cheers Guys

Dave
You can't polish a turd

Sean Dyer

Re: liability
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 05:12:03 pm »
for 10 million employee, employers usually around 600 for the year

If not already, go with allied insurance

DaveG

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 07:34:10 am »
 :o

im only paying £100 or so for sole trader with 2m cover, wiith Simply Business!! Dont fancy paying and extra £600!!!
You can't polish a turd

Sean Dyer

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 08:40:28 am »
THems the joys of employing :)

Only other way is to set them up a self employed and they pay their own, but you will have headache keeping it seperate to satisfy tax man and you will probably have to pay them extra to do that, plus by then you might as well employ for the extra, but to be brutally honest if you cant see the point in paying 500 quid or so then maybe you are employing too soon because there will be many more costs than that, as an employee should more than cover there own costs and make you a bit on top :)

Unless you need him for just one job or something in which case like i say get them to get there own like you and offer to pay it or something??

GWCS

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 10:57:03 am »
:o

im only paying £100 or so for sole trader with 2m cover, wiith Simply Business!! Dont fancy paying and extra £600!!!

LOL, whats the betting you are not actually employing as such by paying holiday pay, sickness pay and employers NI contributions.

In that case your probably saying they are working as a contractor or self employed (technically if they are working from your van, using your equipments - they can not be classed as a contractor and have the legal right to seek employment from you) - so you better ensure you have contractors insurance.