This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

which results are best yourself

leaflet drop
15.5%
9 (15.5%)
door knock
32.8%
19 (32.8%)
local media
5.2%
3 (5.2%)
word of mouth
46.6%
27 (46.6%)

Total Members Voted: 53

andyjs1uk

lets cut the chase
« on: August 08, 2009, 12:58:23 pm »
please vote for whats best for you !

GWCS

Re: lets cut the chase
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 01:42:47 pm »
Not voted BUT.. IMO

The best way to get started is to door knock with a flyer in hand. But i dont like to door knock, so i just flyer however the best way but likely to be slower but will give you better customers is recommendation.

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 01:52:34 pm »
I knock and put flyers out to those who are not in. If someone says they don't need a window cleaner I ask if they could pass my leaflet on. I also advertise in shop windows.

Knocking is the BEST way though
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

wfp master

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 03:44:26 pm »
not voting sick of these posts  :(

martinsadie

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 10:55:42 pm »
has to be word of mouth ,no way would i do the other 3

bad trippy

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 11:03:17 pm »
i voted door knock but only for starting up a round, eventually when you get established word of mouth is the best and also just being out on he job when ppl see you and approach you
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

TonyD

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 11:28:59 pm »
I've just started.  I did my first 20 minutes door knock on Friday  (well, asked in 6 small shops of various services dotted around the area) and got 3 customers.  So door knocking's working well..........so far  ::)

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 06:20:05 pm »
You do pick up more door knocking, but its the kind of customers it can attract. I just leaflet drop, and the ones that make the effort to call you, are really looking for a window cleaner, however with door knocking I feel you pick up more time wasters than with leaflet drops.

niceandclean

Re: lets cut the chase New
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 06:30:34 pm »
You do pick up more door knocking, but its the kind of customers it can attract. I just leaflet drop, and the ones that make the effort to call you, are really looking for a window cleaner, however with door knocking I feel you pick up more time wasters than with leaflet drops.

I don't agree with that, all of my best customers have come from door knocking, in fact most of my customers have come from door knocking.