Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

R W C

who designed WFP
« on: August 07, 2009, 07:15:09 pm »
So who designed it.....as just seen omnivacs post on ebay and they claim to of but i didnt realise this.....

clean

Re: who designed WFP
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 07:17:05 pm »
I think it may be Tucker

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 07:26:21 pm »
The first item that was patented for this use and was a 'water-fed pole' was back in the late 1800's. I think that 'rupertthehair' posted an image of this about 12 months ago.

Tucker then came along in the 50's and made it popular with their range of poles, which they still manufacture. Tucker were the first poles to be commercially used in the US and the UK.

wfp master

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 08:04:41 pm »
So who designed it.....as just seen omnivacs post on ebay and they claim to of but i didnt realise this.....
dont make me laugh omnivacs they are at it  ???

Ravensford

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 08:46:55 pm »
Try this site

http://www.windowcleaninghalloffame.com/tucker.html

As I understand it the pure water systems were designed for 'Silicon Valley' to wash the burrs off the original printed circuit boards without affecting the circuitry & Irv Tucker combined the aluminium (or should that be aluminum as it's American) telescopic pole invented by Don Newman (an ex-fighter pilot) with a water line & brush (latterly pure water).

;)

ftp

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 08:49:16 pm »
Glyn Tucker was his name.  ;D

DaveG

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 08:54:02 pm »
Thought it was Walter Fedpole
You can't polish a turd

ftp

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 08:58:16 pm »
Very good  ;D

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 09:12:39 pm »
This is all a bit simplistic, wfp and who designed it is a bit wider.Many of the advances made in water purification came about in the seventies and were said to be space race spin offs.

Remember for what we do to work, leisure batteries, pumps, and smaller bore hose all had to be developed, not to mention the internal combustion engine to drag it all round, and suspensions that could take the large weights involved.

If Ionics had the first van mount system maybe they can be said to have invented it in it's current form

Much of the widespread adoption in later years has had to do with h&s legislation.Only in the last few years have sensible domestic polls been available. The slx is pretty much cutting edge along with the gardiners superlite brush.

So wfp is pretty much a work in progress, and we are all able to chip bits in.

Ravensford

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 09:28:45 pm »
I think he is asking about the concept not it's evolution.

Are you claiming a hand in car design because you put furry dice in it?  ;D

R W C

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2009, 09:29:15 pm »
but who thought "I no why not use pure water with a hose and brush to clean windows"

R W C

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2009, 09:29:47 pm »
I think he is asking about the concept not it's evolution.

Are you claiming a hand in car design because you put furry dice in it?

lol beat me to it

Ravensford

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2009, 09:31:38 pm »
but who thought "I no why not use pure water with a hose and brush to clean windows"

Quote from the page on Irv Tucker (above)

With the addition of Deionized water then Reverse Osmosis, the Tucker water fed pole became the model for other manufacturers to follow.

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2009, 10:17:56 pm »
With the addition of a suitable pressure sensitive 12v pump, with the addition of H&S driving towards a ladders free solution bringing the unit cost down......

Did Mr Bell invent the mobile phone, or mr clarke the satelite? No hundreds, if not thousands of engineers all played a part.Like wise thirty years of fishing pole product developement meant that it only needed someone to ask the right questions and the answers were already available for our carbon poles.

Reference your question about cars, you would probably mean the first mass produced car- the model T- this was old man tuckers first effort wasn't it?

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2009, 10:30:00 pm »
i dont believe wfp exists :-X

Ravensford

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2009, 12:10:54 am »
With the addition of a suitable pressure sensitive 12v pump, with the addition of H&S driving towards a ladders free solution bringing the unit cost down......

Did Mr Bell invent the mobile phone, or mr clarke the satelite? No hundreds, if not thousands of engineers all played a part.Like wise thirty years of fishing pole product developement meant that it only needed someone to ask the right questions and the answers were already available for our carbon poles.

Reference your question about cars, you would probably mean the first mass produced car- the model T- this was old man tuckers first effort wasn't it?

RWC - I've given you the shortlist (Hall of Fame link above) meanwhile Slump is possibly researching the other 79,987 contributors. Apparently he could be stuck on the bloke that cut the tattered end of his bristle brush & declared it a dual trim version!

mci services

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2009, 12:27:00 am »
i dont believe wfp exists :-X
what is it ???

Glyn H

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2009, 12:47:47 am »
sfwc wrote
dont make me laugh omnivacs they are at it

Could someone please translate the above as I am not sure if this a compliment or a slur.

Mike #1

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2009, 07:30:44 am »
it appears on the ebay page that you or your company are saying that you brought us waterfed pole back in 1997 please could you elaborate on that defining exactly what you mean then we can all understand , please note i do not intend to cause offence or create any ill feeling