This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DaveG

Re: who designed WFP
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2009, 08:27:01 am »
sfwc wrote
dont make me laugh omnivacs they are at it

Could someone please translate the above as I am not sure if this a compliment or a slur.

i would read that as "taking the p**s"
You can't polish a turd

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2009, 08:50:31 am »
1997 was when Omnipole brought 'us' their clients WFP. This statement does not mean that they invented or thought up the idea, just that their company brought it to us in that year.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2009, 08:53:08 am »
With the addition of a suitable pressure sensitive 12v pump, with the addition of H&S driving towards a ladders free solution bringing the unit cost down......

Did Mr Bell invent the mobile phone, or mr clarke the satelite? No hundreds, if not thousands of engineers all played a part.Like wise thirty years of fishing pole product developement meant that it only needed someone to ask the right questions and the answers were already available for our carbon poles.

Reference your question about cars, you would probably mean the first mass produced car- the model T- this was old man tuckers first effort wasn't it?

RWC - I've given you the shortlist (Hall of Fame link above) meanwhile Slump is possibly researching the other 79,987 contributors. Apparently he could be stuck on the bloke that cut the tattered end of his bristle brush & declared it a dual trim version!

Interestingly this was Mr Tucker as well.

Glyn H

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2009, 09:22:30 am »
1997 was when Omnipole brought 'us' their clients WFP. This statement does not mean that they invented or thought up the idea, just that their company brought it to us in that year.
Alex
Thank you for making that clear.

Many manufacturers claim they started manufacturing in the 90s for example Brodex claim on their website that they started in 1997- in actual fact they started by building a stainless steel enclosed RO in 2001 which we displayed on our Cleaning Show stand and subsiqently sold several units on their behalf, which is why they decided to get into the WFP business.
The facts are that OTT ( now Ionics) and ourselves brought WFP to the UK from the USA, and developed it to make it suitable for the UK marketplace.
Tucker hadnt sold anything in the UK until OTT marketed their poles.

I am sure Alex can also confirm this.

R W C

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2009, 09:43:36 am »

The Omni Gutter Vac is the latest brain child of the company that brought you water fed pole window cleaning back in 1997 (now the method of choice for all commercial window cleaners and a great proportion of domestic window cleaners).

its the words brain child, that to me means that they believe they thought the idea,

Glyn H

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2009, 09:59:55 am »
The Omni Gutter Vac is the latest brain child of the company that brought you water fed pole window cleaning back in 1997 (now the method of choice for all commercial window cleaners and a great proportion of domestic window cleaners).

"BROUGHT YOU WFP BACK IN 1997 "this is a factual statement
No one apart from Craig Mawlem and ourselves had used or even  heard of WFP type cleaning in the UK then.

Why the **** am I bothering explaining.

R W C

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2009, 10:06:43 am »

"BROUGHT YOU WFP BACK IN 1997 "this is a factual statement
No one apart from Craig Mawlem and ourselves had used or even  heard of WFP type cleaning in the UK then.

Why the **** am I explaining anyway!

No one invited you to join in  Glyn I simply asked a question you could of sat back and watched the thread but you joined in so I asked you what something ment, no need to get all shirty about it you could of just explained in a adult manner, cor and theres me thinking of gettin a vac think ill go else where with my money if the owner of a company speaks like this on a forum, cor im glad Alex doesnt come on here talking like this and ive seen him slated for certain things but he explains, sorts and delivers,

Glyn H

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2009, 10:32:34 am »
Sesame Street Window Cleaning
Thank you!

RWC  are you serious?
 I need to be invited to comment on an open forum to your questions about my Company

R W C

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2009, 10:37:43 am »
You said "why the **** am I explaining" I never asked you too I asked everyone else who designed WFP as I know its not omnipole and wanted to know who it was, you decided to throw your toys out your pram because someone questioned something you put on a item your selling. Seems like you get all uptight when something negative is said about YOUR company, clean glass thread rings a bell,

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2009, 11:10:40 am »
Alex
Thank you for making that clear.

Many manufacturers claim they started manufacturing in the 90s for example Brodex claim on their website that they started in 1997- in actual fact they started by building a stainless steel enclosed RO in 2001 which we displayed on our Cleaning Show stand and subsiqently sold several units on their behalf, which is why they decided to get into the WFP business.
The facts are that OTT ( now Ionics) and ourselves brought WFP to the UK from the USA, and developed it to make it suitable for the UK marketplace.
Tucker hadnt sold anything in the UK until OTT marketed their poles.

I am sure Alex can also confirm this.

Yes Tucker was first commercially sold in the UK by OTT and the Omnipole by, well Omnipole!

I have spoken to someone recently who has been using a Tucker pole in this country for over 15 years. He visited the US on holiday, liked what he saw and privately imported a Tucker pole and a DI canister. He then sourced a pallet of resin and had been working with exactly the same method for the last 15 years. He has just recently upgraded to a composite pole.

luther1

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2009, 11:55:37 am »
That 'someone' is you Alex isn't it?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2009, 12:06:41 pm »
That 'someone' is you Alex isn't it?

No it isn't, unfortunately. I only started using poles in 2000 and invested in my first complete set-up in 2001. I had previously been to the US where I had friends who used WFP extensively, but I hadn't yet seen the need for it in my business. I remember being more interested in their automatic adjustable ladder legs  :(

My first pole was a converted Unger 'green-cone' pole which looking back was useless! I then quickly followed this with three Universal poles which I bought from........Omnipole. I still have one of them hanging in my Garage for posterity (I haven't got round to putting it on Ebay).

luther1

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2009, 12:23:08 pm »
Are your van mounts still work in progress Alex?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2009, 02:33:21 pm »
Are your van mounts still work in progress Alex?

Yes they are.  Most of the design production is complete.  We are about half way through our crash test programme at the moment and the final details on the electronic controls are being put together.  I don't want to tie us down to a date (you know me) but another couple of months should see us done.

wfp master

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2009, 03:00:54 pm »
so omnipole did NOT invent wfp thats why i said dont make me laugh they have a bad reputation on here remember a couple of months back that post went on & on about them. i think they were trying to bum themselfs up saying they invented wfp. not a chance..

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2009, 03:06:20 pm »
Alex, will your crash tests invlove impacts of higher than 30 mph?

The current test equipment available in the UK (or anywhere in the world) has a maximum impact equivalent to about 34 mph.  It can replicate an absolute instant stop from this speed.  In actuality this exerts far greater forces on the items being tested than any real world impact at this speed could achieve.  The test sleds used for this direct all the force at the system rather than through a vehicle's crash zones.  To understand this, have a look at Ionics' series of tests.  All of their initial testing was done on test sleds and the final test sled which simulated a dead stop at over 30 mph actually damaged the system far more than their subsequent real crash test of hurling a van into a concrete block.  This is because any crash using a vehicle benefits from the billions of pounds that the car manufacturers have spent developing safer vehicles.

So in answer to your question (eventually!)  - no we will not be testing at speeds much in excess of 30 mph because currently we do not have the technology available to us to do so.  However, I am very confident that passing such a sled test will give enormous real world protection.  I could not in good conscience sell a system that I felt was not provably safe.  This includes testing the largest system in our range (900l) and testing it completely full of water (not half full as could be done with no-one being the wiser).

Glyn H

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2009, 03:27:15 pm »
dont make me laugh omnivacs they are at it

so omnipole did NOT invent wfp thats why i said dont make me laugh they have a bad reputation on here remember a couple of months back that post went on & on about them. i think they were trying to bum themselfs up saying they invented wfp. not a chance.

Is English your first language?

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2009, 03:29:03 pm »
so omnipole did NOT invent wfp thats why i said dont make me laugh they have a bad reputation on here remember a couple of months back that post went on & on about them. i think they were trying to bum themselfs up saying they invented wfp. not a chance..

I think that was about them claiming to invented the gutter cleaning system.

windowswashed

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2009, 06:01:01 pm »
Omnipole were the first to bring the backpack over to the Uk. I was one of the first few to buy one at the show.

wfp master

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2009, 06:18:40 pm »
Omnipole were the first to bring the backpack over to the Uk. I was one of the first few to buy one at the show.
but they never invented th wfp ;D