This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

easy clean

resin
« on: August 07, 2009, 05:56:01 pm »
does resin have a shelf life even if it aint been opened?

??????????????????

weetot

Re: resin
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 07:06:42 pm »
I had mine 6 months and the whole lot went off, but i dont know the shelf life. When i need any now i just buy the 10 inch canisters for a tenner, dont buy a giant bag, unless you a serious high user! :o
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

kenaltobelli

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 07:29:30 pm »
what do you mean went off as in smelt bad? looked bad?
how can you tell its off?

weetot

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 07:35:33 pm »
You cant, until you put it in the DI canister, then try and get pure water, and realise you cant get the tds reading down, even when youve spent money on changing the other filters.

I sought advice from Purefreedom where i purchased the resin originally, and they confirmed it goes off.
But it doesnt smell or go another colour, though it would be better if it did, so you know its gone off. >:(

kenaltobelli

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 08:58:38 pm »
hold on a min when i went wfp i had a bag with the system and started using it 3 yrs
  later having said that bought a bag last time and tds didnt stay down long?

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 03:43:42 am »
I've used resin after it hanging around for a couple of years.  It must be kept airtight.  Not sure about this but I think I heard that it shouldn't be left in the light either.

Mike #1

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 07:19:06 am »
as above you must KEEP IT AIRTIGHT store it somewhere out of the way so the bag does'nt get damaged by accident ie on garge floor like mine did

weetot

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 07:23:35 pm »
Mine was in an airtight container, and kept in the dark like a mushroom, but still went off.

I dont know, theres no exact science to windowcleaning anymore, i think i'll get me old ladder and bike back out. ;D