This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

GWCS

Re: left without van, advice needed
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2009, 07:03:49 pm »
did they tell you to collect it? or did you say you will collect it?

that will be the sticking point.

i did say i would collect it, well a friend of mine was supposed to that day but he didnt, i didnt know because it was about 15 mile away, anyway some friend in it.
 they should at least know what would of been done in accident, it does not take alot of thinking about does it. its all just excuses.

anyway any thoughts about how to carry all my crap with me because its getting pretty dame annoying ?

regards paul   

Well i think it may be problematic because they are they to act on your behalf however if you say i'll deal then its nothing to do with them. But should be interesting to see what happens. I reckon they will stick to their guns on this.. You will prob end up going thru the ombudsman which will take a while possibly months! However if they haven't advised you in writing about the requirements or at least had it recorded on the phone i reckon you could be onto a winner.

But if they claim vandalism you should be able to claim on your insurance anyway as vandalism!

Sean Dyer

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2009, 09:01:38 pm »
go to the insorance onwordsman

Ombudsman :) Good advice - failing that get good ole watchdog on the case, i always find that a letter with you complaint ended with, "please can you look into this matter and contact me in the next 7 days otherwise i will instruct my solicitor to proceed with the case " works a treat :)

TonyD

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2009, 09:25:15 pm »
In the mean time, while you're stuck carrying your stuff, I'd consider -

Buy a banger with some MOT/Tax left.  Or..

You could do what a lot of metal detecting enthusiasts do (my anorak hobby) and make a harness, that goes around your shoulders and chest, with a hook for the ladder.  An old strap from a large sports bag or a couple of wide soft belts can be used.  Or..

Get a cart :-\ ..........Seriously though, you'll get noticed, and it's like a community old school feel going round with your cart, I bet it'd get you more customers (if you needed them that is) You'll be noticed across the whole area, and you could turn it positive by writing a press release to send to the local paper or just contact them and ask about a story -  " ENVIRONMENTALLY CONCIOUS ENTREPRENEUR KEEPING IT SIMPLE WITH ZERO CARBON FOOTPRINT "  The green concious would love it !   :)

GWCS

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2009, 09:41:18 pm »
In the mean time, while you're stuck carrying your stuff, I'd consider -

Buy a banger with some MOT/Tax left.  Or..

You could do what a lot of metal detecting enthusiasts do (my anorak hobby) and make a harness, that goes around your shoulders and chest, with a hook for the ladder.  An old strap from a large sports bag or a couple of wide soft belts can be used.  Or..

Get a cart :-\ ..........Seriously though, you'll get noticed, and it's like a community old school feel going round with your cart, I bet it'd get you more customers (if you needed them that is) You'll be noticed across the whole area, and you could turn it positive by writing a press release to send to the local paper or just contact them and ask about a story -  " ENVIRONMENTALLY CONCIOUS ENTREPRENEUR KEEPING IT SIMPLE WITH ZERO CARBON FOOTPRINT "  The green concious would love it !   :)

Yeah and add that your van was stolen so you thought of using a cart to help you out to remain mobile and continue to service your customers homes, and the idea and method stuck as it was loved.

bad trippy

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2009, 10:39:29 pm »
Paul i think your in the Bristol area aint ya?  If so you can use my estate car next week if you like mate, im off to Scotland for one week from monday evening and not back till the following monday so the car is only going to be sat on my drive doing nothing.
If your fully comp surely the insurance company should pay out regardless of wheather your van was trashed by the thieves or after whilst in the ditch? Damage is damage and your insured
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

elite mike

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2009, 10:17:08 am »
Paul i think your in the Bristol area aint ya?  If so you can use my estate car next week if you like mate, im off to Scotland for one week from monday evening and not back till the following monday so the car is only going to be sat on my drive doing nothing.
If your fully comp surely the insurance company should pay out regardless of wheather your van was trashed by the thieves or after whilst in the ditch? Damage is damage and your insured

hey paul thats a brilliant offer from trippy

what a star  8)

paul beckett

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2009, 01:59:05 pm »
thanks alot trippy, ye i am from bristol, from emerson green and downend ways. thats a really kind offer and might take you up on the offer but ive got a few options open to me at the moment and i will get in touch in due coarse.
i might go to the local auction just for a cheap car or something.

what sparrowteeth came out with was a very good idea with a cart. i bet that would be a winner, the only problem is i get to embarrased, but im half tempted it would work a treat around my area, especially with the carbon footprint thing.
anyway got plenty to think about,cheers people and thanks trippy.

kind regards
paul ;D ;D

aiminvestor

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2009, 02:34:10 pm »
paul,

A guy near me uses a pushbike as the carrier, and pushes it along the pavement.

He hooks his ladder over the handlebar, and then the saddle, and the bucket over the opposite handlebar.

He has been doing this for years, and has an established round.
Dictum meum pactum

paul beckett

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2009, 02:46:14 pm »
paul,

A guy near me uses a pushbike as the carrier, and pushes it along the pavement.

He hooks his ladder over the handlebar, and then the saddle, and the bucket over the opposite handlebar.

He has been doing this for years, and has an established round.

does he carry a 12 run double ladder on his bike, ive seen some people ride the bike with the ladder over his shoulder, ive tried this with bad results and looking a right idiot.   cheers for the advice

paul

elite mike

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2009, 02:46:40 pm »
i can remember some young guys down in chepstow

going round on mountain bikes , seen one lose his ladder down hardwick hill  :'( ;D

could not stop to help as i was going up the hill  ;D

TonyD

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2009, 03:50:13 pm »
thanks alot trippy, ye i am from bristol, from emerson green and downend ways. thats a really kind offer and might take you up on the offer but ive got a few options open to me at the moment and i will get in touch in due coarse.
i might go to the local auction just for a cheap car or something.

what sparrowteeth came out with was a very good idea with a cart. i bet that would be a winner, the only problem is i get to embarrased, but im half tempted it would work a treat around my area, especially with the carbon footprint thing.
anyway got plenty to think about,cheers people and thanks trippy.

kind regards
paul ;D ;D

I thought it was a good idea as I typed it, but also thought about the embarrasement bit too :-\  I'm just starting out with window cleaning, so it would work for me actually, BUT I don't think I've got the balls to go round with a cart  :-\

paul beckett

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2009, 05:31:21 pm »
same as me mate, i just wish i didnt give a dam and not woory about what i look like.
regards paul