This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul beckett

left without van, advice needed
« on: August 07, 2009, 03:41:51 pm »
i have found myself without a van now after my insurance wont pay out. now i am walking everywhere with the ladder on my shoulder and its killing me. my round is about a two mile radius of where i live. im finding i need both step ladders and double ladders but cant carry both. so what is the best solution,? just untill i can get another van. these bloody insurances are always on a winner, especially when i've have not claimed in 12 years. and another thing thats annoying me is my shoulder while carrying the ladder, is ther anything on the market to stop the ladder hurting my shoulder while carrying them ?. any advice would be welcomed and needed.

kind regards
paul

concept

Re: left without van, advice needed
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 03:45:16 pm »

;D

wire1078

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 03:45:57 pm »
what happened to your van pal.My advise is to get the trainee to carry them and you carry the bucket lol.Seriously just put your jumper over your shoulder and carry you ladder on that.

paul beckett

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 03:59:01 pm »
thats what i have been doing and using a towel aswell, it still gets uncomfortable and falls of shoulder easier, i dont know if they do some sort of shoulder pad ( im not cross dressing mind ) or something. ther must be some window cleaners that dont have van or driving licance do anyone cater for them ?. and i dont have a trainee anymore got rid of him absolutely useless.

thanks
paul

elite mike

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 04:02:24 pm »
hi paul

sorry to hear that m8

i would buy a cheap banger for the time being

or get a new van on a lease purchase, might be the best thing allround

trevor perry

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 04:17:47 pm »
 lot of the old window cleaners had small hand carts that they put their ladders and buckets on.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

trevor perry

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 04:24:07 pm »
a window cleaner i knew called keith who unfortunately has now died did a sponsored walk carrying a pair of double twelves twenty miles he wore his pouches and everything, jack duckworth of corination street was supposed to do it to but they just took a picture of them at starting point then jack got drove to finish where another photo was taken when poor keith arrived totally knackered the funny thing is if you had seen keith he only weighed about 7 stone wet through but he never drove and carried his ladders to all his jobs so i guess he was used to it.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

wfp master

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 04:26:10 pm »
 go & hire a van. or cheaper option steal one but make sure it has roof rack ;D ;D ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 05:26:33 pm »
i have found myself without a van now after my insurance wont pay out. now i am walking everywhere with the ladder on my shoulder and its killing me. my round is about a two mile radius of where i live. im finding i need both step ladders and double ladders but cant carry both. so what is the best solution,? just untill i can get another van. these bloody insurances are always on a winner, especially when i've have not claimed in 12 years. and another thing thats annoying me is my shoulder while carrying the ladder, is ther anything on the market to stop the ladder hurting my shoulder while carrying them ?. any advice would be welcomed and needed.

kind regards
paul

Concept's post is hilarious - but sorry if I missed it - why won't the insurance pay up?
It's a game of three halves!

paul beckett

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 07:40:21 pm »
the van was stolen and was found in a ditch. because it took me more than 36 hours to recover it( my mate had a recovery van and took him a while to sort it out, well some mate anyway) the insurance would not cover it because they said some of the damage could of been done while in the ditch (vandilised)
£3000 down the drain, makes my blood boil bloody insurance, never claimed in 12 years thats loyolty for you
regards
paul

R W C

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 07:43:00 pm »
the van was stolen and was found in a ditch. because it took me more than 36 hours to recover it( my mate had a recovery van and took him a while to sort it out, well some mate anyway) the insurance would not cover it because they said some of the damage could of been done while in the ditch (vandilised)
£3000 down the drain, makes my blood boil bloody insurance, never claimed in 12 years thats loyolty for you
regards
paul

Id be challenging that, dont believe that your not intitled to nothing, why didnt the insurance company recover it.

rl

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2009, 07:45:06 pm »
yes that sounds wrong to me, like the insurance company are trying any trick to get out of paying and hoping you'll just walk away!

Give Citizens advice a call and failing that insurance onbudsman. Don't just take their word for it.

GWCS

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2009, 07:46:15 pm »
regards
paul

Id be challenging that, dont believe that your not intitled to nothing, why didnt the insurance company recover it.

yeah they should be recovering it for you! Upon which it then gets checked by an engineer for damage incase repair required.

Who is your insurance company? Who underwrites the policy?

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2009, 07:50:46 pm »
regards
paul

yeah they should be recovering it for you! Upon which it then gets checked by an engineer for damage incase repair required.

Who is your insurance company? Who underwrites the policy?

Name and shame please Paul.  I want to know which insurance co. to avoid.
Sorry to hear of your problem.

R W C

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2009, 07:55:08 pm »
Paul this is not right they are definatly trying it on, id contact them and explain your taking it further, as it was stolen they should of collected it, taken it to a secure unit so no tampering, what did they expect you to do take it home or something, insurance companys dont ask you to sort out recovery yourself, this is why you pay insurance, definatly contact citizans advice.

Chris

paul beckett

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2009, 01:11:05 pm »
i better not say what insurance company it is at the moment just in case it affects me, im definetely taking it further . cheers for your advice and i will let you know what insurance it is as soon as i know its ok, ill give you a clue,
  'a dog on tv that likes going to france'

thats why im so surprised and they are quite expensive aswell.

paul

GWCS

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2009, 01:40:38 pm »
did they tell you to collect it? or did you say you will collect it?

that will be the sticking point.

tomy jackson

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2009, 04:34:21 pm »
go to the insorance onwordsman

concept

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2009, 04:37:10 pm »

paul beckett

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2009, 06:39:49 pm »
did they tell you to collect it? or did you say you will collect it?

that will be the sticking point.

i did say i would collect it, well a friend of mine was supposed to that day but he didnt, i didnt know because it was about 15 mile away, anyway some friend in it.
 they should at least know what would of been done in accident, it does not take alot of thinking about does it. its all just excuses.

anyway any thoughts about how to carry all my crap with me because its getting pretty dame annoying ?

regards paul