Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Platinum NW

How do you get commercial work ?
« on: August 07, 2009, 01:08:38 am »
Just enquiring about commercial work as all my previous work has been domestic. If i buy a WFP system id like to look mostly for commercial work instead - Any advice on how to win work etc

Dale Smith

Re: How do you get commercial work ?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 02:23:21 am »
We got into commercial by buying a round, which gave us the confidence to get a bit more.
Saying that to be fair so far I would say that it contacts us, rather than us chasing it.
Swindon, Wiltshire.

andyjm1

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 09:26:36 am »
With small shops and pubs you can just walk in and ask. Big factories, offices ect are a bit more difficult. I would phone up first and get the name of the person who deals with it, then send an introductory letter, followed by another telephone call.
Like canvassing domestics, it's a numbers game. The more contacts you make, the better your chances.

ftp

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 08:39:10 pm »
Just enquiring about commercial work as all my previous work has been domestic. If i buy a WFP system id like to look mostly for commercial work instead - Any advice on how to win work etc

Your having a laugh aren't you? One minute you are running a highly successful construction company dealing in mega bucks with huge contracts the next you ask how to get commercial work?
Surely we should be asking you  ???

cozy

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 09:01:50 pm »

Your having a laugh aren't you? One minute you are running a highly successful construction company dealing in mega bucks with huge contracts the next you ask how to get commercial work?
Surely we should be asking you  ???

You took the words out of my mouth.

ftp

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 09:12:21 pm »
This forum gets nuttier every week  ??? What with Jehovas claiming they don't charge very much because they 'love' their customers. (nothing to do with monopolising a bigger round). Suppliers claiming to have invented the wheel and entrepreners asking how to get commercial work and business Gurus who don't understand basic tax, it's brilliant. You couldn't make it up!

cozy

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 09:16:11 pm »
This forum gets nuttier every week  ??? What with Jehovas claiming they don't charge very much because they 'love' their customers. (nothing to do with monopolising a bigger round). Suppliers claiming to have invented the wheel and entrepreners asking how to get commercial work and business Gurus who don't understand basic tax, it's brilliant. You couldn't make it up!

PMSL, I love it too. Even white collar workers advising window cleaners how to move forward ???

Classic stuff. ;D

matt

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 09:17:50 pm »

you forget to add, i started 7 months ago and now earn 750 quid a day 5 days a week

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 09:20:53 pm »
you forget to add, i started 7 months ago and now earn 750 quid a day 5 days a week
No need to boast Matt because you know I'm only on 500...

cozy

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 09:22:53 pm »
This thread will self delete , as soon as a mod gets back from the boozer ;D

matt

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 10:59:27 pm »
No need to boast Matt because you know I'm only on 500...

lets look at the problem then

you have a signed van ( tick )
you are a polite presentable person ( tick )
you have a uniform (    )
you own a ironics system (    )

i can see the problem, get yourself a uniform and a ironics system and you will earn the extra 250 a day

ronnie paton

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2009, 07:47:27 am »
iv spoke to platinum personally he is a legit person, i obviuosly dont know him well and is history but he does clean windows just for the record.

R W C

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2009, 09:49:34 am »
iv spoke to platinum personally he is a legit person, i obviuosly dont know him well and is history but he does clean windows just for the record.

He use to as he decided to rent it all out or sell it, I too have been totally confused with this person as he started by wanting to sell a round that makes about £3 a house for 10x its value, then rented it, wanted to go into constuction at a time when were in a recession, wanted to know about wheelie bin cleaning and valeting when these 2 trades are really struggling at the min, wanted to know about buying a round, then buying a newly canvassed round, then wants to know about wfp as he setting up again but yet he states he is way to busy to clean windows due to how busy his constrction company is, and also wants to know how to get into commercial work and all this in about 6 weeks, probs is a proper person but seriously needs to decide what he wants to do.

Chris

R W C

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2009, 10:10:53 am »
lol no just everytime i see the name Platinum NW I wonder what his next plan is going to be.

Chris, you're a suspicious bloke...you should start out a business as a private investigator  ;)

You just hate the fact I sussed you out in a matter of a couple of posts Sir Matthew Bateman

Dean Taberner

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2009, 10:16:53 am »
This is a crazy thread ;D ;D ;D ;D
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

andyjm1

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2009, 10:29:26 am »
The guy is just asking for some advice, which is surely what forums are there for?
If you want to help him then fine.
If he doesn't meet your criteria for someone worthy of help, then I don't see the need to reply.

R W C

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2009, 10:31:19 am »
The guy is just asking for some advice, which is surely what forums are there for?
If you want to help him then fine.
If he doesn't meet your criteria for someone worthy of help, then I don't see the need to reply.

you got any for hime then

andyjm1

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2009, 10:37:32 am »
I already gave him the best advice I could from my limited experience on the subject, and would also like to hear others views.

drwindows

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2009, 04:18:22 pm »
my views are this:

dont expect any decent advice, because the people who know how to develop a decent commercial business and make a good profit from it have got far better things to do that post on internet forums.

And those who have ventured on here, get ridiculed by the vast majority of numpties with comments like

"its not possible to earn more than £200 a day no matter what you do"
"you can get away with a B&Q water butt on your roofrack, you're a fool for spending more than £150 on a WFP setup.  You could have gone DIY for £2"
"you dont need any branding, its just window cleaning"
"what a gullible fool for spending on ironics"

and so quite correctly conclude that most people on here are small-time idiots who don't know what they're talking about and certainly don't deserve any help and advice.  And they don't bother coming back.

cant blame them really can you?