This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

johns window kleen

WFP and pollen spots
« on: August 06, 2009, 07:39:08 pm »
I can honestly say no matter what brush ive used or how hard I scrub I can't remove the little yellow spots, unless I pick em off with my finger nail.

When I do trad on lowers they come off easily enough.

Is it the brushes or something I'm not doing right?

Guys whats your experiences of this?

Mike #1

Re: WFP and pollen spots
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 07:41:44 pm »
you may need a brush with more scrubbing power i use a gardiners dual-trim unflocked found to be the best

steven ainger

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 07:54:16 pm »
i use gardiners d/t flocked brush with hot, works for me. still can be difficult though.

johns window kleen

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 08:09:50 pm »
Ive got the 3 & 5 section unger poles, with the green brick brush on them , and a 3 section extel with red monofilament brush.

I cant shift pollen with either, and I don't honestly know what brush is the best, although I normally use the extel cos of the weight differential.

Im pleased Im not the only one who seems to have trouble with pollen.

R W C

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 08:37:23 pm »
oh my god how annoying are them spots, and i use the gardiners pole and it doesnt get it off so i too use my nail lol

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 09:49:22 pm »
i have quite a few customers that have a lot of pollen on windows at this time of year.TRAD works every time.{fairy,mop and squeegy}.so if i go WFP ill have to TRAD sometimes? ??? ???.why dont u use a mop on a TRAD pole THEN WFP?only a suggestion ;)javascript:replaceText('%20;)',%20document.postmodify.message);
price higher/work harder!

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 10:44:23 pm »
I use Ionics double trim and they don't work either. ::)
Sussex by the sea

CLEANGLASSUK

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 10:49:06 pm »
The best way to remove these spot's is to, brush and let soak for a while then they come off easily. ;D

bad trippy

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 11:29:09 pm »
Best way of removing any spots or crap from windows is go trad ;D ;D ;D
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

jouk45

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2009, 11:30:45 pm »
The best way to remove these spot's is to, brush and let soak for a while then they come off easily. ;D
your right, that works for me

johns window kleen

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 07:30:08 am »

Not in my experience with pollen. :o

Mike #1

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2009, 09:08:45 am »
a mastered technique is all that is needed we all have our own ways with wfp i would agree about  pre-soaking works for me

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2009, 09:49:07 am »
Pollen has to be the hardest 'natural' deposit that we come across. Fortunately as bees fly low it usually only affect lower windows.

I have found that a flocked brush is best for removing these, but even with this it needs a soak and a scrub. Therefore if it is low level I use my thumbnail! saves time.

telboy

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2009, 05:34:50 pm »
I can honestly say no matter what brush ive used or how hard I scrub I can't remove the little yellow spots, unless I pick em off with my finger nail.

When I do trad on lowers they come off easily enough.

Is it the brushes or something I'm not doing right?

Guys whats your experiences of this?

You sure its not fly poop ???

C.C.S.

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2009, 05:54:00 pm »
how would you see them on the first of 3rd floor?they are small and hard to see from the ground.did a job today wfp ,was first time and got the ladder out to see the results and i was amazed how many pollen spots they where and not one that i could see from the ground

dd

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2009, 07:57:25 pm »
I clean windows in an area where someone keeps bees and a few houses are full of these, particularly the upstairs windows.

Soaking and coming back to scrub again is not that effective and on the upstairs windows I have to use the stock of the brush as a scraper. Even after a soak, a double brush and scrape they are still hard to remove and I am sure I do not see or shift all of them. I use Gardiners sl brush.

Think hot wfp probably best solution but putting this off till next van.

johns window kleen

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2009, 09:27:13 pm »

Tel it's definately Pollen.

Fly poop is white, small and bumpy,  and I hardly ever see it unless i'm doing the insides of houses, especially conservatories, where the flys are trapped.

I'm no expert but I cant really see a fly opting  to have a dump on the outside of a window if its not trapped!!!
 ;)

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2009, 09:46:19 pm »

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2009, 10:52:55 pm »

It's definitely pollen:  http://www.ewindowwashing.com/yellow_spots_on_windows.php

Good link Wally, although the ones I encounter do not look that big at all, they are sometimes as small as a speck.