This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Platinum NW

LWB Transit Connect
« on: August 06, 2009, 03:07:52 pm »
Im thinking of buying a lwb transit connect for my business but im just wondering if it is big enough to carry water fed poles - Id like to hear from anyone who uses a transit connect and wfp together

concept

Re: LWB Transit Connect
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 03:32:45 pm »
depends what closed height your poles are. they vary in height.

may be that you need a tube on the roofrack to carry em, but that would just wind me up, putting the brush on at each job.

also, what size tank are you putting in?

Steve Lowe

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 04:03:01 pm »
We use a Transit Connect Lwb that has a 400ltr pro 5 fitted and it all works fine. We also have a pole rack fitted and they all go in ok.

Steve
Steven J Lowe MBICSc

Lowes Cleaning Services Limited
www.lowescleaning.com

williamx

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 04:26:45 pm »
I will be selling my old Transit and wfp system next week, it comes with everything that someone needs to start wfp window cleaning.

aiminvestor

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 12:01:46 am »
Perhaps if you put the price and spec you may have some interest here?
Dictum meum pactum

Platinum NW

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 12:04:03 am »
Whats the van details and whats the system like - Id be very intersted in that if ats the right price

williamx

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 08:39:41 am »
I will post the details of what is for sale later, but a quick review is there is over £2000 plus of wfp equipment, 650 litre flat baffled tank full with pure water, di tank filled with new resin, poles and everything you need to start work straight away, it might even come with a trolley system as well, and the van is a Transit 2000, petrol, on a P plate, 90k miles, mot valid until 28 may 2010 and taxed until december 2009.

Open to senisble offers.

p1w1

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 10:08:58 am »
We use a Transit Connect Lwb that has a 400ltr pro 5 fitted and it all works fine. We also have a pole rack fitted and they all go in ok.

Steve
I dont suppose you have a picture of it in the back would like to see how its kitted out as am thinking of getting one
Paul

williamx

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 07:06:39 pm »
I will post the details of what is for sale later, but a quick review is there is over £2000 plus of wfp equipment, 650 litre flat baffled tank full with pure water, di tank filled with new resin, poles and everything you need to start work straight away, it might even come with a trolley system as well, and the van is a Transit 2000, petrol, on a P plate, 90k miles, mot valid until 28 may 2010 and taxed until december 2009.

Open to senisble offers.

Ford Transit (Red) 2000, 91k miles on a P Plate, Mot until May 2010 and taxed to December2009
650 Baffled flat tank (Filled with pure water)
15 Litre DI Tank filled with new resin
2 100psi shuflo pumps
2 hose reels
2 hoses one with 100 meters the other 60 meters
2 110 batteries
1 G Tex 21' fibre glass pole with brush head
1 Unger 21' pole with brush head
1 Aqua Tec Trolley with 60psi pump and battery and 4 25 litre water containers

The whole system will be set up and working, you will be able to work from the side door and the backdoors or both at the same time.

Platinum NW

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 08:17:12 pm »
would you take £1000

williamx

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 10:48:04 pm »
no, I could get that just for the van.

I am looking for offers over £1500, I will be posting it soon on ebay and if it doesn't sell, then it will just have to go back to work.

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2009, 10:52:11 pm »
What to you think the best van and set up is hyrdo?

williamx

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2009, 08:53:30 am »
I am not sure what you mean, but what I consider is the best setup is all you have to do is drive up to the property, open either the side door or back doors, flip the power switch grap the hose and pole and walk straight to the house and start cleaning.

In this game, time is everything, the faster you can clean a property, safely and to a high standard then your earning power will very high compared to other cleaners who turn up and waste 10 to 15 minutes setting up and packing away their equipment.

All of my vans are set up this way.

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2009, 09:44:10 pm »
I agree.
And i have taken things further than most. I was the very first on here with hot (self install), and developed the electric reel.I use a huge amount of water that means i can rinse on and scrub fast.So i do respect both speed and ease of use.I have started using gardiners brushes and poles and coxes reels and these too have brought advances.My business systems are pretty nifty too but a bit too x factor for the forum.

But i thought the answer to the best van was my scudo, a little fighter plane that could park nimbly and be feature packed.

Now i think the best van set up is a transit with a three man team.The team leader to drive, assist, plan the route,canvass nearby, and write slips and admin work.

What do you think? obviously i had myself in mind as team leader.  Is this a good plan or am i just lazy?

williamx

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2009, 10:03:43 pm »
I have tried using 2 workers at the same time but they do not do as much work as you would think.

I would recommend using only 1 worker per vechicle unless you have a big contract like a school or something where they are on site all day, you will also need to carry a DI Tank as well to fill up as you are working.

I am also looking at using some form of electric reel, I am playing about with electric motors, sprokets from a bike and chain or belts or even a drive shaft.

jonnyald

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2009, 10:15:35 pm »
i helped a mate of mine make an electric reel,  the motor was connected to the reel via a car steering column(a u/j at each end )