This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gordonswindows

Gutter Cleaning
« on: August 05, 2009, 11:39:30 pm »
Having bought the earlier model of gutter cleaner from Glyn and Omnipole, the one with the hose hanging down outside the pole, we have done rather well with it. Choice jobs, well priced from good payers all commercial, we were and still are quite happy with the system.

Although the inside of the vac has rusted quite badly, the hose has torn on occasion and we burnt out two (expensive italian) motors, we understand that it has had to stand up to some hard work and has been used by quite a few staff and we all know how staff treat our equipment.

Anyway we have just won a new commercial contract for a group who own 20 large properties they want the windows cleaned regularly,the pathways and drives kept clean (powerwashed) and of course the gutters cleaned twice a year so we thought lets try Omnipole again and buy their new model of gutter vac.

E-mailed on the Tuesday morning an enquiry and received a reply within the hour, spent half an hour on the phone discussing my needs (costs, I am Scottish) used up a bit of credit card and the brand new set up arrived two days later on the Thursday as promised. Service to the client is everything in my world and to receive such good service as a client was surprising, refreshing and downright just how I like it.

So first off thanks and well done to Glyn and his team, secondly we used the new style this week and first impressions are good. We did break one of the plastic "caterpillar" attachments and the two little blue handles to tighten the clamps have fallen off but we managed very well.

The up side was the new set up is soooooooooo much lighter and easier to control , we love the chrome end-pipe and the clamps make the pole height easy to adjust.

We are off out tomorow to clean the next buildings gutters and I will give another brief outline of how we got on.

Cheers

Gordon
Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney

stephen s

Re: Gutter Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 08:02:13 am »
Hi Gorden.

good post and a great recommendation for the gutter vac,    may I ask how much your new one cost ? and at what height can you use it

Steve

Glyn H

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 04:15:47 pm »
Gordon
Thank you for the positive feedback
Glyn

gordonswindows

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 10:08:37 pm »
Hi Stephen

I paid £800 for the set up this was minus the vac as i am using the earlier one i bought first time round, height ...  six sections of six feet poles and i'm telling you thats high enough for me. It is easy enough to control but after a whole day working at this height i was and after today still am knackered.

Anyone who thinks it is easy is right and wrong. Yes it is easy as the idea is excellent and the equipment works a treat and compared with working off of a ladder for 8 hours it is a breeze ( and so so so much safer) however anyone thinking you just stick it up there wait a wee while and the jobs done is in for a shock. Physically demanding and the need to learn the knack of getting inside the gutter at just the right angle makes it hard work. But from a safety view alone it is worth every damned penny, I have fallen from a roof previously while cleaning gutters and was fortunate to get away with broken ribs fractured ankle and dented pride and while we all tell our "horror" stories with a laugh and a grin it bloody well hurts.

Want to make money cleaning gutters buy a gutter vac, we bought Omnipoles one and I am happy to recommend it but I am sure there are other equally good options available from many other sources.

Im off for a bath and bed im all tuckered out either i worked too hard or am just getting too damn old for this game.

Cheers

Gordon
Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney

aiminvestor

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 11:26:05 pm »
Thanks for the interesting feedback, i had intended to buy an Omnipole as an add on tot eh window cleaning.

I obtained their address from the web, and drove to it, only to find out it was a private house and their warehouse is somewhere else in Croydon!

I wasted a lot of time driving around there on a hot day, and have not bothered returning since.

I would be interested in hearing about alernatives, if there are any of course.
Dictum meum pactum

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 11:53:05 pm »
polarbrite.co.uk

Glyn H

Re: Gutter Cleaning New
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 01:33:07 am »
I obtained their address from the web, and drove to it, only to find out it was a private house and their warehouse is somewhere else in Croydon!

Sorry for the inconveniance you had.
I have  checked our GutterVac website and can only find our workshops address listed on the site.
Please could you tell me where on our website you found our Admin/Accounts dept address, so I can have it removed.