Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LWC

Re: dragons den
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2009, 07:40:04 am »
I bet the other one was like "SHUT UP!" when he mentioned a name of a firm they do window cleaning for for £80,000 a year lol

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2009, 09:55:01 am »
The profits for 18 staff and a £350k turnover were pretty poor.

Each member of staff produces £20k in revenue and a profit of £3k each

15% is a very low margin in window cleaning, you can see with them figures how hes got all the work, and dont forget depreciation and loan interest has to come out of that final net figure.

One massive massive headache.

MSTAV

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2009, 11:23:46 am »
lucky guys

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2009, 12:40:05 pm »

15% is a very low margin in window cleaning, you can see with them figures how hes got all the work, and dont forget depreciation and loan interest has to come out of that final net figure.

I would be interested to know what "profit" most other window cleaners make taking into account their drawings I would bet that it is less than 15% clear profit.
Dont forget that if a single operator turns over 25K and his expenses are 5k and he pays himself the remainder 20k, he is left with zero profit. If his drawings or wage is 19k his profit is 4% and so on.
People tend to forget that their wage is part of the expenses.

Having said that, when he went through his figures it did strike me as turnover over profit. Hence the comment from DB about pricing the work up properly which resulted is a wry smile from the owner.

s.hughes

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2009, 02:18:45 pm »

I would be interested to know what "profit" most other window cleaners make taking into account their drawings I would bet that it is less than 15% clear profit.
Dont forget that if a single operator turns over 25K and his expenses are 5k and he pays himself the remainder 20k, he is left with zero profit. If his drawings or wage is 19k his profit is 4% and so on.
People tend to forget that their wage is part of the expenses.

Having said that, when he went through his figures it did strike me as turnover over profit. Hence the comment from DB about pricing the work up properly which resulted is a wry smile from the owner.

This is my point, profit dosnt really matter with w/c as you pay yourself a good wage withing the turnover. Lets face it none of us really make a profit but we can earn a lot

newclean

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2009, 02:39:06 pm »
here is there website

www.ukcommercialcleaning.com
 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2009, 02:54:28 pm »
the profit doesn't fit what a dragon would usually go for- 25%/30% year on year roi.

So dont take this at face value.

I have often wondered- if a celeb was in your cleaning biz (i come from a rugby town) pro footballer as a co director etc, would this get you a lot more work because of the kudos of local firms being able to say so and so out the local side cleans my windows- i know him ever so well.

This is the only value duncan can bring.

ronnie paton

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2009, 05:12:40 pm »
profit is what duncan would be intrested in has he can see if its a business worth is money.

weetot

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2009, 05:27:16 pm »
The guy shakin hands with Duncan, won the auction on my old carpet cleaning machine 2 years ago, turned up at me house to pick it up and hand over the readys......nice fella, turned up un a UK cleaning van from Washington.
Good for him ;D
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

daveappleby

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2009, 05:44:19 pm »
lucky guys

Bloke on the far left (grey hair). He must do the WFP jobs, don't look like he has climbed a ladder in a while  :o

niceandclean

« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2009, 06:07:18 pm »
I wonder if Ionics will be checking to see if they have any of their systems fitted, as they have the logo on the vans.  ;D
And on the link page of the site, they have a link to www.inter-loc.co.uk.

martinsadie

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2009, 07:33:23 pm »
Drat missed it tonight, had flipping Mid Summer Murders on because some of the filming was done at one of our customers.
All the best to these guys, they have clearly worked their socks off (probably 7 days a week) to get so far so quick.
Don't know if they'll ever get to overtake OCS though.
its repeated at the weekend or watch it on bbc website

martinsadie

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2009, 07:36:32 pm »

And he did come across as a jumped up geordie trying to blow his own trumpet.

was it Tosh  ;D

waynebarry

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2009, 07:46:02 pm »
Reading up on him he says part of he rise was his unique sales pitch! I wonder how he went about getting his foot in the door?
Give him his due Ive been going two years & in the next three years I get to have the estimated £1.5 million I would be happy ;D

R W C

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2009, 08:53:12 pm »
cant believe he sold a £6000 a month round for £16,000 wheres the business sense there

waynebarry

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2009, 10:04:40 pm »
True! I would of thought he would of got at least £24,000!
but do you think it was a brave move selling up completly getting a unit and a couple of vans then hitting the phones to get the work?

ronnie paton

« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2009, 10:08:25 pm »
was it really has straight forward has that????

i doubt it but if it was i would say it was a stupid decision that worked out, sensible would of been to continue with work getting employees doing it which frees is time to  get more work.

i think i need a good sales person!!!

Sean Dyer

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2009, 10:10:29 pm »
Good sales people are the way forward, failing that just someone confident enough to get phoning round, all you need is a foot in the door where there are oppurtunities to tender, find out when contracts end etc

jonnyald

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2009, 10:15:27 pm »
lucky guys
        love that giant beer belly in the foto !!!

waynebarry

« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2009, 10:16:07 pm »
A good sales person who knows where to look to get their foot in the door!
If you had a good team to take over your work tommorrow I wonder how many of us would know how to get there foot it the door or find the tendor oppurtunities? ???