Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

andyjs1uk

dragons den
« on: August 05, 2009, 10:14:18 pm »
well i just watched dragons den....and watching the last pitch, to cut a long story short they got their money from duncan, a cleaning company anyway a young lad started as a window cleaner. he bought the round for 300 quid after 6 months he had built it up he so much he was 6000 a month he sold it for 16000, now owns the cleaning company....so there you go....focus drive and passion
http://www.zodiactraining.co.uk/zodiac-learners-clean-up-in-dragons-den/

read the try  at above address

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

Re: dragons den
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 10:18:02 pm »
yep, just watched it...thats all we need up here in scotland, another cowboy outfit......by that i mean unlicensed....better buy these boys window cleaning licenses duncan ;)

jouk45

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 10:23:10 pm »
i thought dragons den was about pitching your  inventions?

s.hughes

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 10:23:29 pm »
I just watched it, he's only been going for 5 years, a real success story. However I would have taken James offer as he was going to use all his team and give them back 15% if targets were reached

Dean Taberner

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 10:26:40 pm »
Good effort,

I was considering toning it down abit after a bad week in my personal life,

Bring it on now!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 10:29:51 pm »
Drat missed it tonight, had flipping Mid Summer Murders on because some of the filming was done at one of our customers.
All the best to these guys, they have clearly worked their socks off (probably 7 days a week) to get so far so quick.
Don't know if they'll ever get to overtake OCS though.

R W C

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 10:31:13 pm »
theres going to be a influx of wc, just watched another video on there site, he says that duncan will help them achieve being no1 in the country which would of happened any way but would of taken a little longer.

Dean Taberner

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 10:31:25 pm »
Drat missed it tonight, had flipping Mid Summer Murders on because some of the filming was done at one of our customers.
All the best to these guys, they have clearly worked their socks off (probably 7 days a week) to get so far so quick.
Don't know if they'll ever get to overtake OCS though.

Who are OCS?

What does it stand for?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

R W C

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 10:31:45 pm »
repeated sunday at 7 on bbc2

s.hughes

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 10:35:38 pm »
now there will be loads of w/c all going to do the same thing, all going to be national
great!!!

ronnie paton

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 10:36:51 pm »
well they turned over 375k last year with 30 staff ???

seems very low to me, i turn over nearly a third of that with 3 of us and iv been going 3 years so im may go on there my self he he

Dean Taberner

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 10:37:07 pm »
now there will be loads of w/c all going to do the same thing, all going to be national
great!!!

WFP or TRAD though ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

s.hughes

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 10:39:03 pm »
great!!!

WFP or TRAD though ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
they will all start trade and all expect a round for £300

cozy

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2009, 10:39:28 pm »
well i just watched dragons den....and watching the last pitch, to cut a long story short they got their money from duncan, a cleaning company anyway a young lad started as a window cleaner. he bought the round for 300 quid after 6 months he had built it up he so much he was 6000 a month he sold it for 16000, now owns the cleaning company....so there you go....focus drive and passion
http://www.zodiactraining.co.uk/zodiac-learners-clean-up-in-dragons-den/

read the try  at above address
That's correct, would he have made 75K in his first year?

s.hughes

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2009, 10:40:17 pm »
well they turned over 375k last year with 30 staff ???

seems very low to me, i turn over nearly a third of that with 3 of us and iv been going 3 years so im may go on there my self he he
really? you are doing very well and only after 3 years. Do you do all commercial?

ronnie paton

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2009, 10:49:51 pm »
iv just looked back and its three years 20 August so a little white lie.

i do both but the commercial side is growing a lot more than the residential and the reason is i hate to door knock!

martin19842

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 10:50:27 pm »
hi there

interesting pitch, window cleaning, hi level cleaning, pressure cleaning, and deep cleaning.

thye stated they wanted to be the largest in the country, im sure that the guys, at ocs, iss, mitie, and initial are preparing for the attack on their businesses.

its a young company plans to go 1.5m turnover this year, £2m next year and £2.5m the following year, so at that rate they wont threaten the biggest players in the market place.

interesting thing though, some dragons stated that they could quite easily do £1.5m turnover and make no profit at all, lets be honest its tough achieving sales whatever the size of the company.

regards

martin

s.hughes

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2009, 10:55:15 pm »
hi there

interesting pitch, window cleaning, hi level cleaning, pressure cleaning, and deep cleaning.

thye stated they wanted to be the largest in the country, im sure that the guys, at ocs, iss, mitie, and initial are preparing for the attack on their businesses.

its a young company plans to go 1.5m turnover this year, £2m next year and £2.5m the following year, so at that rate they wont threaten the biggest players in the market place.

interesting thing though, some dragons stated that they could quite easily do £1.5m turnover and make no profit at all, lets be honest its tough achieving sales whatever the size of the company.

regards

martin
But you have to remember that your wages are in the turnover so even if you dont get a profit you can still have a very succesful company

drwindows

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2009, 11:24:46 pm »
not bad, but all bluster and no substance.

And he did come across as a jumped up geordie trying to blow his own trumpet.

Still, he got the money!

mark dew

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2009, 12:13:23 am »
iv just looked back and its three years 20 August so a little white lie.

i do both but the commercial side is growing a lot more than the residential and the reason is i hate to door knock!

Well done mate. That's a good achievement.