This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

do u still go collecting?
« on: August 04, 2009, 12:32:41 pm »
i clean and try and get paid there and then,failing that i usually call back once a wk.on a mon,tues,thurs OR fri.i keep it flexible in case im busy relaxing,going out etc.i do leave S.A.E and invoice for custys who owe me 2 or 3 wks or big residential.but i do find it improves customer relations and loyality.i also tend to pick up extra jobs etc collecting.i never clean more than 3 times b4 getting paid.this works fine for me.I KEEP IT SIMPLE ;D
price higher/work harder!

DaveG

Re: do u still go collecting?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 12:57:53 pm »
i go collecting every thursday eve (pub night!) but anyhting that is more than 5 miles from home i leave an envelope

I think when youre out collecting you keep "in touch" with the customers and its good to chat to them etc..

Saying that ive got a few customers that ive never met!

I dont do a second clean if the customer owes from the last clean
You can't polish a turd

Central Window Cleaners

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 01:39:13 pm »
We still collect and I have picked up quite a bit of work by doing so in extras and from new jobs where the neighbours see the signwritten van outside.

LSB

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 02:36:40 pm »
i leave sae ( no s ) with approx half my round , my retired dad collects for me from the other half and i pay him a % of what he collects ! i spent years cleaning and then collecting and just dont have time anymore .

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 02:59:26 pm »
Nope!
It's a game of three halves!

cozy

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 04:05:20 pm »
I still collect, I enjoy it, builds loyalty and puts a face to the service. I've seen a couple of guys over here that have pay pal and bank transfer etc, but they lose custies through no, or little contact. Not forgetting that I have very compact areas, as all my Brit custies live on estates and nearly all know eachother to a certain degree.

Germans pay cash or bank, haven't seen anyone use a cheque since the 80's and then it was those EUROCHEK thingies that were guaranteed up to 200 quids worth of Deutschmarks.

I tried SEA's twice, but next to no response. So I stick to collecting within 3 days of finishing an area.

Mike #1

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 04:35:47 pm »
got to go collecting only way of getting money for certain people are so busy they would forget to post sae then you have got to wait for cheques to clear , custys value you more if they know you a bit better collecting is the only time i see most custys

pingu

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 05:41:52 pm »
I started out with intention of not having to collect..so far this has worked for me...
All but 6 of my customers pay by bank transfer and the '6' pay cash on the day.

Like I said it works for me...but may not be for everyone...as for building customer loyalty...I try to build this by doing what I say I will do when I say I will.

Cheers
Dave.

martinsadie

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 07:19:34 pm »
collect Thurs and Fri,any one misses paying twice get put on hold  ;D

Richard Holt

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2009, 04:51:26 pm »
Too right !!

Gets me out of the washing up ;D ;D ;D

GWCS

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2009, 04:59:52 pm »
I started out with intention of not having to collect..so far this has worked for me...
All but 6 of my customers pay by bank transfer and the '6' pay cash on the day.

Like I said it works for me...but may not be for everyone...as for building customer loyalty...I try to build this by doing what I say I will do when I say I will.

Cheers
Dave.

same here - customer loyalty is grown by doing what i say i will do and being on time and regular.

I sometimes knock on the door if im in the area after doing a quote to have a quick chat to make sure everything is ok, but i dont collect - i just dont have the time.

Those that want to pay later by cash they just leave it in a safe place for the next clean.

bad trippy

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2009, 05:22:19 pm »
change of tactic for us last fri evening, went out collecting as we only do this on fri eves, dont like to keep hassling ppl mon tues weds thur evenings. This time for those still out we posted through a self addressed envolope with a slip that basicaly said "sorry we didnt catch you in tonight" and went on to say about paying by cheque postal order or bank transfer. Upto now have had 2 pay by bank transfer and 1 by cheque with only 2 not responding yet but i think these are on holiday anyway. Not much oustanding at all last week so felt it was a good time to start the new system.
I dont want to start dropping sae envelopes on cleaning days yet as we only been up and running since March this year and want to get to know the custies a lil bit better first
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

Rogue Trader

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2009, 11:21:46 pm »
No , only 1 well priced bad payer 8)

windowswashed

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2009, 11:29:40 pm »
Cheaper to do SAE (cheques), BACS, Paypal leaving evenings freed up to do other things as and when. Too time consuming going collecting evenings.