This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Rams75

Re: Thinking of taking the plunge!
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2009, 08:44:57 pm »
Ask the sales guy if 75k is so easy why isnt he doing it?

GWCS

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2009, 08:51:52 pm »
spending out on a concept system with a new van and rest of the equipment your gonna need, i reckon your deffo be in minus figures by the end of your working year.

sales talk is just that - to make you buy it! If ONLY it was THAT easy.

RK Cleaning Services

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2009, 10:32:28 pm »
I started in 2005 with no overheads i owned the van and all the gear and had been cleaning for somelse so i knew what i was doing still not on 28k due to bad weather etc.....

If it was that easy every man and his dog would be at it
Remeber your comping with a guy and a bucket not 20k's worth of van and gear!

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2009, 11:09:13 pm »
if you are on your own you will not make 28k, sorry. then from the 28k you did not make, you have still have all your expenses, insurance and tax. is there any real point to this, as it is not a long term plan?

mci services

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2009, 11:23:37 pm »
i made £69 profit on my first year

user001

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2009, 10:34:49 am »
Looked into this a bit more.

The person i speak too, is a window cleaning company and does use the system (supposedly).

They gave me a case study of someone who has justed started using the system (a relative of mine!) so i got on the blower and called him.... starting from scratch, he is on £3k a month already after 3 months...

The sales people have every reason to lie... but he doesn't does he?

ftp

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2009, 10:50:28 am »
Then go for it and tell us how you get on. ;D

Don't suppose you are a 'plant' by concept by any chance?

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2009, 11:12:00 am »

They gave me a case study of someone who has justed started using the system (a relative of mine!) so i got on the blower and called him.... starting from scratch, he is on £3k a month already after 3 months...

User001,

If a relative of yours has started up using a system from Concept 3 months ago why oh why did you need concept to give you his case study?

You seem to have justified going ahead all by yourself, Despite the advice people have given I doubt they really care that much if you do it or not but I still stand by the fact that if you break even in the first 12 months you'll be doing very well!

user001

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2009, 11:27:40 am »
Purely as im not that close to that side of family, she told me the name of the person in my area that uses the system.. 

Its not so much made up my mind, i just fail to see how you can fail to turn a profit in a year if your willing to work hard and canvass hard... but thats where you guys come in!

tomy jackson

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2009, 12:03:36 pm »
ar you lot sill wasting your time on this winder

john tomkins

« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2009, 12:23:33 pm »
Looked into this a bit more.

The person i speak too, is a window cleaning company and does use the system (supposedly).

The sales people have every reason to lie... but he doesn't does he?

So a Company you ring up gives you a case study of a local person who just happens to be your relative (who you say you are not close to) yet he tells you he is on £3k a month after 3 months, just like that over the phone.

Think I'll give them a ring now....... ::)

R W C

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2009, 05:20:04 pm »
ask jimmy1, myself, jsmc etc, we all started just over a year ago and i can tell you your figures will not work, if its that simple why come on a forum with 100s of users a day and ask a question that no one on here will say can happen but yet a company just so happens to tell you a person in your area is earning it and happens to be your relative, lol pull the other one, do you work for concept20 and just trying to get newbies to buy your system.

user001

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2009, 05:28:08 pm »
Look i do not work for them, i saw the van parked outside my cousins house and assumed he had window cleaners in, thought nothing of it.  I spoke to C20 as its something i have been looking in to.  Turns out it was his van, just because im not close to him, doesn't me we do not talk! or is this the northern meaning of close?

But....I think it just dawned on me...

the reason everyone is so negative to money on this forum .. is because you are not out earning it...

the fact you spend your days posting as opposed to canvassing and working sums it all up..  Thats why all the wealthy cleaners are not speaking up about the figures being realistic because they are out grafting, not starting at 10am and finishing at 2 or 3pm....  

I bet if there was a poll, the majority of cleaners here would be northern, they don't seem to understand the wealth of the south, but hey thats not there fault.

I'm leaving now, the negative attitude to making money is terrible.

If you say that money can not be made, then look at YOUR work, are you working minimal hours, when was the last time you went door knocking from 8am-8pm?!  If you not willing to put the graft in .. then your not going to get anywhere.[/b]

Offence isn't meant by this post, but if you do take offence to it, then its obviously touched a nerve.

laters,

cozy

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2009, 05:30:31 pm »
I think R W C just about put the lid on it there mate. A big coincedence with your relative, strange that you didn't hear about it when you must have told at least some family members what you intended to do. Whatever, if you really area wouldbe WCer, then good luck, but you better work with floodlights till 3am to earn big bucks like that in the first year.

cozy

« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2009, 05:33:13 pm »
Runs for cover,I'm going to get a smacked botty now, cuz it looks like I sent him off ??? Should have posted 2 minutes earlier :(

andyjs1uk

« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2009, 05:33:45 pm »
user 01
hi i new and thinking of taking plunge myself and i have asked many questions... i not sure of the row if u call it that but i would like to hear from you as i may need some skills how to approach and sell. hey may be u could do consulting in that field.... anyway i not taking mick.
my email.     spotless.window.cleaning.service@hotmail.com

R W C

« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2009, 05:37:45 pm »
lol if you dont want to listen to people in the trade then its a good idea to leave, dont listen to us, id love to hear from you in year when you come back and appologise that you made a total cock up, that your now minus £10,000 on the year due to buying the system, van,paying n.i ,public liability, van insurance, water bill, etc etc etc etc etc etc and that you cant now go abroad due to not having any money, I for one would not have any sympothy for you as you didnt listen but only to some sales pitch by a installer of the system, why not ask people like steve-cm, j.v.price, bluez, dave morris, if they think what you are saying will happen, go canvassing every night, then have to do the work, lose a load due to only wanting a one off clean, trust me if you break even in your 1st year then you have done really well.

tonyoliver

« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2009, 05:39:34 pm »
sorry to say you may be disapointed with the money  you are expectong after 20 yrs yes 20 exp
i would not advise you to expect too much income in the first to 3rd year  as you will be cutting your teeth and pulling out your hair as to the secret of what we oldies have but no matter how hard you try you cant get yet................................it will come but oh so slowly add to this modern pressures and you may be disapointed just look at the second hand kit for sale  or you will have the chance of alifetime you decide

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2009, 05:40:17 pm »
User001, to be honest mate the vast majority of window cleaners don't earn £75,000, after plenty of years trading not just the one year :( :( :(.

I'm not even convinced you're for real :-\ :-\ :-\

Who in their right mind would set up a business that takes time to build with the intension of buggering off abroad the year after ??? ??? ???

I reckon most lad and lasses on here earn between maybe £20 - £30K per year, some more, some less, but I bet very few, if any, earned those figures in their first year of trading.

Sorry mate, you're either having a laugh at our expense or really are daft as a brush :P :P :P
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

andyjs1uk

« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2009, 05:44:57 pm »
all this spending out....as a small guy starting i not even thinking of systems just good old elbow grease ladder blade etc....its like mobile phones what did u all do before the tech stuff came in to w...trad thats the way for me