This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

Lovely custies
« on: July 31, 2009, 09:04:49 pm »
I'm probably as guilty as any on here for dwelling on my negative custies so let's hear about the good ones that go the "extra mile." I'll start you off.

Mrs. Fraser aged about 82 always makes a cuppa and gives me a kit-kat. She always pays for any immediate neighbours who aren't in and gets the money from them.

About three years ago when I was charging £8 she upped her own price to a tenner and said don't worry about the change and has refused it ever since. She gives me an extra tenner at Xmas as well. Her husband paid once and grinning he said her indoors says I'm not allowed to accept any change!

Today she paid for four of them including herself which added up to £44.50 cash. She made me a cuppa and I got two kit-kats as well!

Mrs. Fraser I love you!
It's a game of three halves!

GWCS

Re: Lovely custies
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 09:15:06 pm »
if only they were all as nice as that!

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 10:13:54 pm »
I did a powerwashing job last month that I'd expected to take 2 days, and the quote I'd put in covered 2 days work. Finished in a day (easily,.. new bit of kit made a breeze of the job) and was expecting the custie to be a bit reluctant to pay out that big price for just 1 day.

He praised my work, took a load of business cards and gave me a €30 tip!! :)

If only they were all like that!

Platinum NW

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 10:31:45 pm »
I had one customer like this in parr - She paid for herself next door across the street and her daughter round the corner. She was very nice but would tell you the minute you did something wrong. These customers are very good for the business and make running a business much more easier
If i come back to window cleaning i hope to find more customers like this

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 09:43:45 am »
I've got a few lovely customers (think we all have)

Mr & Mrs Jinnis (83 & 89) He's not too good health wise and she's as fit as a fiddle. Always make time to have a chat with them. She was telling me about her army days in the war. She was a gunner down in Portsmouth and has a love of dancing.

She was telling me she was at a dancing competition once (which she won) and when they came out bombs had dropped everywhere. They just carried on dancing throughout the night.

£2 tip every time and won't take it back. I left it on the side once and she told me off the next time lol

Another customer (Mrs brough) has got me 8 customers in her street and every time I go back she has another one for me. Her and her husband always make me a drink and love to watch me cleaning there windows ( so I always go when they are in ) she is also the banker for others that are not in which is great.

I could go on as I can think of another 4 lovely custys, but ill leave it at that for now.
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Mike #1

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 10:18:54 am »
it is great when they pay for others got  1 custy pays for neighbours nearly £45.00 and if he is not in the others will do the same and they sort it out between thenselves later

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 12:59:13 pm »
yep. we ve all got good custys.all of the above.anyone get offered toast and tea?got a few of those.also some of the women joke about me cleaning their inside bedroom windows wen their chatting to a neighbour or friends ;D
price higher/work harder!

cybersye

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 02:54:25 pm »
I have a customer who I had not cleaned for a good few months as I knew she had some personal problems to attend to ( her grandson had been born with abnormalities and had lost his fight ) when she finally called me she was so grateful for my understanding and returning to clean for her. She often asked how i was getting on restoring my late fathers '78 triumph spitfire and knew I was having difficulties finding somewhere to keep it off the road. As well as giving me some homemade marmalade, chutney and mixed oils (she sells in local markets) shes offered me the use of her driveway as she does'nt use it.
 I did'nt take her up on her offer, but its good to know there are still genuinly nice people out there.

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 03:11:25 pm »
I have custys who give me wine,whisky and beer at xmas.thing is im a reformed alcoholic and been sober for 3 yrs.just take it round me mams on xmas day ;D
price higher/work harder!

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2009, 09:15:28 pm »
I have a handful of customers who go out of their way to drop their money through my letter box if they are out when I clean their windows. With a couple of them the money is often at home waiting for me when I get in.   :)
Funny thing is in the case of one of them, the neighbours whose windows I also clean bad mouth them  :( to me. But they never bring their money to me!  ???

elite mike

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2009, 09:30:10 pm »
yeh i had custy last month ask me to put cover on bt boxfitted above bedroom window ,

the guy had not long had a heart attack,  :(

took me about a minute ;D said what do i owe you

i said get us a drink for xmas  jokingly ;)

called there last week , he comes out and says merry xmas

gives me a bottle of 12 year old whisky ;D  gift wrapped and all  8)

wish they were all like that

wire1078

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2009, 08:29:52 am »
One of my best customers is Jackie.She is megga rich and has no probs making me a cuppa with a cake,and if its raining when i turn up to clean them,instead of leaving them and losing  money she gets me to  do the insides instead so i dont lose my money.Jackie your a cracker

R W C

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2009, 10:35:12 am »
One of my best customers is Jackie.She is megga rich and has no probs making me a cuppa with a cake,and if its raining when i turn up to clean them,instead of leaving them and losing  money she gets me to  do the insides instead so i dont lose my money.Jackie your a cracker

she pays you for doing her insides, you giglo you  ;)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2009, 10:43:50 am »
Oh, and another:-

Janet lives in a 70's ex council terrace and I charge her a tenner too.

For the last four months she's been having the back extended and says not to do them (great, I don't have to run the hose through or round the back - 50 yards) and she insists on paying the full tenner too! And always a cuppa as well.

One month because the builders were traipsing through the front and materials were stored under her front window I knocked her door and said I'll leave it this time as you've got all the building going on. She insisted on paying me a tenner even though I did no work and when I said I felt awkward to do that she said "It isn't your fault the builders are in don't worry about it!"
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2009, 12:25:09 pm »
I have custys who give me wine,whisky and beer at xmas.thing is im a reformed alcoholic and been sober for 3 yrs.just take it round me mams on xmas day ;D

I get that too.  Not touched a drop since '86 but they still give it to me as I prefer not to tell them that I don't drink.  One day, one of them gave me chocolates.  Ooh lovely I thought.  When I looked closer they were all chocolate licquers LOL.
Many an Xmas tip has found its way onto my friends' Xmas dinner tables   :)

I do have some lovely customers too.
I once had a customer who I canvassed.  He had never met me before but he insisted on paying me for the first two cleans (starting the following day).  He and his wife were customers of mine for many years - including one house move.  Sadly, he died in a crash.  His wife eventually moved out west where she had her relatives.  Absolutely top people.  Always had a kind word.  They had done very well materially but, unlike some, always remembered that respect is a two way thing.