This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Craig 72

Having problems with pump
« on: July 31, 2009, 06:05:53 pm »
Hi folks.Just got a shurflo pump,varistream and 400l tank after getting tired of filling my backpack.They are second hand but seem to be working ok but when the water hits the smaller hose pipe (the size of the pipe which goes up the pole) the pump stops pumping continuously and instead pumps intermittently.Goes for a few seconds,stops for a couple of seconds then goes again.I've tried it on normal hose and its fine.I'm pretty sure it's not the battery as I tried it on a couple of batteries and get the same trouble.Any thoughts?

ftp

Re: Having problems with pump
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 06:08:28 pm »
Pressure switch needs adjusting. Or you need a bi-pass.

Craig 72

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 06:29:51 pm »
How do I do those things mate,I have seriously little experience with this?

Spruce

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 06:38:05 pm »
Hi
The Varistreams pressure adjustment needs increasing.

If its the older model with manual motor speed/flow adjustment, then you need to remove the 4 screws and turn the internal blue adjuster pot up a bit.

If it the digital version;
1 – digital display to set amount of flow (0 – 9, nine being the highest & ‘b’ for boost). Up/down arrows to change flow which is very easy to do. The flow setting is very visible (large red LED)

2 – the pressure shut off is set by up/down arrows on the outside of the box via the digital display (no need to open up the box & fiddle with the blue pot) Mode selection is holding both up & down buttons for 3 seconds which takes the user into the pressure setting mode. Adjust to desired setting (0 -9 & A,B,C,D,E & F, F being the highest). To confirm new pressure setting turn unit off & back on.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Craig 72

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 06:39:38 pm »
Thanks Spruce.I'll give that a whirl.

Craig 72

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 09:02:35 pm »
Hi
The Varistreams pressure adjustment needs increasing.

If its the older model with manual motor speed/flow adjustment, then you need to remove the 4 screws and turn the internal blue adjuster pot up a bit.

Spot on Spruce.Worked a treat mate,thanks.