This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Fieldsy

Changing Resin
« on: July 30, 2009, 09:43:50 pm »
Having now run my small ro system for a while and run in sequence with two 700ml DI units my pure water has now gone up to 003 tds.................I know this isn't alarm bells time, as I've read on here it can still be used up to a certain tds level...................but how do I determine which resin container to change or both??. As they were supplied pre-filled (I imagine with cheap resin), would it be better to change both for Tulsion, or move the second di unit in sequence at the moment to the front and just put new Tulsion in the second.?? (which was the first). Hope that makes sense  ::) ::) ::) ??? ???
If Carlsberg made window cleaners....I'd be one of them....lol

Trevor Knight

Re: Changing Resin
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 08:11:10 am »
Whichever cannister receives the water first will be the one that works hardest and is responsible for reducing your TDS. When our cannisters produce an output of 15 we swap them around and this gives you more litres at a lower rating.
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Fieldsy

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 12:44:24 am »
Thanks for the tip trevor, that will save me for a while ;)
If Carlsberg made window cleaners....I'd be one of them....lol

karygate

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 06:27:30 am »
mine is only 12 before the resin. i only let mine go to 5 but my mate uses his at 10 all the time with no problems. but yes put the second one to the front
gary