Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

riley

de ionising set up problem
« on: July 29, 2009, 12:49:17 pm »
just setting up my de ionising system, do i go through the di vessel to the tank and then pump from the tank to my hose or do i fill the tank and pump through the vessels to my hose....?

cheers for any advise...

pete

GWCS

Re: de ionising set up problem
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 12:53:25 pm »
what ever your prefer.

I go from tap to di to tank. then once in tank pump to hose.

Others carry their di around with them.

DaveG

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 12:56:43 pm »
I would go tap to tank to DI, then if you have to empty the tank you are not dumping pure water
You can't polish a turd

macmac

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 02:14:47 pm »
I would go tap to tank to DI, then if you have to empty the tank you are not dumping pure water

Ditto. Plus your resin will last longer the slower the water flow passed through it is. Plus, if you run out of water you can just top up from custy's tap.

For the ultimate in resin economy, have two DI vessels in sequence.This way you won't waste an ounce of resin as you will with only one vessel. ;)

windolene

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 02:22:58 pm »
Hi,

I'm traditional so do excuse me if this is a daft question. Why do you get waste resin using one DI & none when using two?

Kevin WINDOLENE

GWCS

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 03:19:40 pm »
Hi,

I'm traditional so do excuse me if this is a daft question. Why do you get waste resin using one DI & none when using two?

Kevin WINDOLENE

once resin starts to rise above 0 it is necessary to replace it. However not all the resin has been totally spent so if you replace all the resin you are wasting some of it, so by adding an additional di vessal, you can fully utilise all the resin in the first vessel, and the second vessel helps by filtering any water that is not filtered by first.

Once the tds from the second vessel output starts to rise, you then need to change the resin in the first vessel (which will not be fully spent) swap the vessel round so the the newest resin is in last place in line.

macmac

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 09:15:08 pm »
GWCS is right, in simple terms- Instead of throwing that resin away that reads 001/002 tds let it pre-filter your new resin vessel. So your new resin vessel is now being fed 001/002ppm water instead of whatever your tap water tds is. ;)

JSMC

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 09:40:05 pm »
got tap di then tank.this way you have tank of pure wate rin van and no need for hhaving di tanks connected up and getting air locks and leaks form them

i do it this way and it's easy.

ye want this to be as easy as it can be.

DaveG

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 08:10:23 am »
got tap di then tank.this way you have tank of pure wate rin van and no need for hhaving di tanks connected up and getting air locks and leaks form them

i do it this way and it's easy.

ye want this to be as easy as it can be.

Dont get air locks and leaks if its all connected properly ;D
You can't polish a turd

JSMC

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 09:13:34 am »
you have more chanc eof getting them than me though. Kep it simple stupid ! When iwas setting mines up i was told by a few people this is best way to do it if running pure DI system. works a treat and less clutter and no need to be securing di tanks down etc.
if ye want hassle free di system follow the way i was told by many on here

macmac

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 08:25:00 pm »
you have more chanc eof getting them than me though. Kep it simple stupid ! When iwas setting mines up i was told by a few people this is best way to do it if running pure DI system. works a treat and less clutter and no need to be securing di tanks down etc.

I have no air problems & even if you do they are a very easy & cheap problem to fix (this is where proper, experienced advice comes in)
I purify on demand so I NEVER run out of water & have to return home to fill up!
My resin lasts longer than yours by doing it this way!
My vessels are held in place with a bungee & never move!
I can fill or top up my tank anywhere & are not tied to my home water supply!
I switch on every morning & start work!

It's a no brainer if you ask me! ;)

Window Washers

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 08:31:41 pm »

Ditto. Plus your resin will last longer the slower the water flow passed through it is. Plus, if you run out of water you can just top up from custy's tap.

For the ultimate in resin economy, have two DI vessels in sequence.This way you won't waste an ounce of resin as you will with only one vessel. ;)
you will just waste fuel carrying it around in the van all the time.

It really is personal preference.

I only pump 000 water into my tank, no need to carry di. Another reason I do this is because if your resin is spent and have a hard day the tds goes up, so that alone I choose DI Tank Pump

I have to say I do not run out of water as I have a right tank to cover this. if I needed more I would take water with me, never would I ask a paying customer to use there water as mine is magic :D

Ian

If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

DaveG

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 09:31:22 pm »

Who you calling stoopid???

not that difficult to sort out a couple of extra connections surely? ::)
You can't polish a turd

DaveG

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 09:32:53 pm »
oh and a bungee
You can't polish a turd

macmac

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2009, 08:33:45 pm »
you will just waste fuel carrying it around in the van all the time.

Hardley a concern (2 x 18Ltr vessels) when we're already carrying up to a ton in weight anyway!

Another reason I do this is because if your resin is spent and have a hard day the tds goes up, so that alone I choose DI Tank Pump

Not when using the right resin & with twin DI's there's virtually no chance of you getting caught out with anything over 001/002ppm. When mine goes to 001ppm I get approx another week out of it so no chance of it going up in one day!

if I needed more I would take water with me, 

Surely that would waste too much fuel? ;D