This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

herbiefatboy

look at these lovelies
« on: July 27, 2009, 06:58:15 pm »
hi all a quick question can you keep a 4040 ro outside or does it have to be in garage or shed thanks.

easy

Re: look at these lovelies
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 06:59:27 pm »
I have one in the van,no problems so far.....

concept

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 07:01:56 pm »
hi all a quick question can you keep a 4040 ro outside or does it have to be in garage or shed thanks.

lol its funny you ask that, i have just plumbed my merlin in on my patio! used to live in the garage, but pressure drop was too much, so patio for now, til i buy it a little shed.

jefftemperley

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 07:33:06 pm »
they need to be kept warm in winter i was told frost damages the membranes
bad weather always looks worse through dirty windows

tomy jackson

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 07:35:53 pm »
and caseings

herbiefatboy

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 07:51:11 pm »
many thanks so far

concept

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 08:17:41 pm »

lol its funny you ask that, i have just plumbed my merlin in on my patio! used to live in the garage, but pressure drop was too much, so patio for now, til i buy it a little shed.

Are you getting a booster for that setup concept?

yep, should have it wednesday...fingers x'd!!

as long as it last me a few months til I can afford a 4040, i am happy.

chuggers

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 12:12:48 pm »
Its definately better in a shed or garage in the winter, because if the membranes freeze the water expands and cracks the membranes, then they are screwed! Which at just under £200 a pop aint good. Also the filter housings are really vulnerable if left out in the cold, not so much of a disaster if they crack but still a pain if you cant produce water whilst your waiting for a new one. I use a greenhouse heater in the shed in the winter to kkep my RO toasty when its really cold. But i do live in Wales....
It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.