This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JSMC

wetherspoon pubs
« on: July 27, 2009, 12:41:03 pm »
manager told me today services no longer required as they are now getting a W/C for all the pubs.

anyone else get the same?

steve smith

Re: wetherspoon pubs
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 02:15:11 pm »
I have just started one 5 weeks ago, not heard anything yet.

barry80

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 02:35:54 pm »
I had one last year ....they only had me about 4 months, but  now every time I ring they say they have been instructed by there head manager not to have window cleaning done for time being and they will get in touch, that was 4 months ago. I have now replaced them with other jobs.  and will never touch one again...barry :)
hello.

Mike_G

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 03:16:10 pm »
Been doing one for a couple of years now and the manager is about to move and has asked me to do his new pub so it can be all of them I guess

Ian_Giles

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 03:35:32 pm »
I do one too, a few months ago they changed from weekly to fortnightly...a recession thing of course, but I am also paid direct by head office, I just sign a sheet each time I clean them, the manager sends it off to head office (or more likely scans & emails it) and I get a follow up email with payment details and so on, they pay by bacs of course...doesn't everyone doing Wetherspoons get paid the same way?

Have not heard anything about them contracting out to some nationwide contractor as yet though...

Maybe the Manager is just saying that as an excuse to get some mate of his in to do the work...a family member made redundant perhaps?

Why not ask for the head office number so you can get real official confirmation of what the manager is saying? I am also presuming you get paid the same way as I do??

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

wfp master

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 03:40:35 pm »
i lost my spoons in january barman handed me a letter from manager it said due to our recent meeting your contract will end on such a date. i never had any meeting with the manager. i had it for 5 years done ins outs once a week. money was paid into my bank account £30 a week it was handy wee job took me about 45 mins. emailed the dude at head office who was in charge. think he was called steve p sheehan got no reply. did not go back for the last clean or ask the manager why i was finished mind you i think they have a manager for every day of the week. dont know who cleans it now.

wfp master

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 03:50:08 pm »
I do one too, a few months ago they changed from weekly to fortnightly...a recession thing of course, but I am also paid direct by head office, I just sign a sheet each time I clean them, the manager sends it off to head office (or more likely scans & emails it) and I get a follow up email with payment details and so on, they pay by bacs of course...doesn't everyone doing Wetherspoons get paid the same way?

Have not heard anything about them contracting out to some nationwide contractor as yet though...

Maybe the Manager is just saying that as an excuse to get some mate of his in to do the work...a family member made redundant perhaps?

Why not ask for the head office number so you can get real official confirmation of what the manager is saying? I am also presuming you get paid the same way as I do??

Ian
same here sign sheet they keep 1 iget copy then email to say been paid into bank..

DaveG

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 05:33:41 pm »
I went for brekkie in one the other day and the windows were minging
You can't polish a turd

kenaltobelli

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 06:21:36 pm »
  i keep on at my local nat west branch windows are dirty as hell and have been for weeks
  but same as pub trade one firm did these must have been stoped with bad economic climate.
  cant get hold of a no to toute for contract but that would be a good one .
  any on here do nat west still?

wfp master

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 07:06:52 pm »
  i keep on at my local nat west branch windows are dirty as hell and have been for weeks
  but same as pub trade one firm did these must have been stoped with bad economic climate.
  cant get hold of a no to toute for contract but that would be a good one .
  any on here do nat west still?
whats that got to do with wetherspoons ???

johnny_h

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 07:22:42 pm »
ive noticed the staff doing the windows at the spoons i use in bognor regis guess they are saving money im sure they were paying £45 a week to have them done
AUDI VIDE TACE

kenaltobelli

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2009, 09:12:04 pm »
sfwc nowt just thought id ask on this thread its the same sort of contract;
  ie; large firm does them all then stops or small one man bands stopt while large firm takes over;
 just putting the feelers out and see if banks in other areas are being done at the mo
hope this claryfies things

wfp master

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2009, 11:40:23 pm »
ok just me being ppppd of with j.d wethersponns sorry mate..