This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul beckett

is trad cleaner than brushes ?
« on: July 26, 2009, 09:08:51 pm »
been picking up a few custys lately  where custys especially old custys prefered trad so swapped to me. one thing that is starting to annoy me a bit is how bad the top frame is and the sills are when using brushes. im just wondering if these old custys are right, you do get a better clean using traditional ways, is this is the best a brush can do,after all the price of it.

jonnyald

Re: is trad cleaner than brushes ?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 09:13:32 pm »
im trad too and hear the same thing. the reason wfp has become so popular is down to the speed of it    probably twice as quick as you and i ,  but  wfp makes alot of enemies especially with the oldies !!

jouk45

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 09:20:06 pm »
must be the operator not using it correctly, i dont have any problems like that, and i have been wfp for years,

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 09:24:13 pm »
must be the operator not using it correctly, i dont have any problems like that, and i have been wfp for years,

Same here, must be due to user error

martinsadie

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 09:30:01 pm »
only 3 wfp lads round here and trad lads picking there work up

ftp

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 09:32:28 pm »
Top sills are always poor. What seems to annoy a lot of customers is the speed some wfp'lers are cleaning their properties. They feel they aren't getting value for money.

ian1972

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 09:41:59 pm »
well i have done trad and wfp like most guys on ere but i think there is a big differance and wfp defo comes on top,as we all no wfp cleans the frames as well and this makes the glass stand out a lot more than trad.i dont no about the guys on ere but a lot of my new custys are blown away by how much of a differance there is.so imo down to the user i never had a complaint about the clean only the prices,and i dont want any custy that wants a cheep job

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 09:48:29 pm »
They feel they aren't getting value for money.

value for money?? consider this would you employ a decorator to tile your bathroom and expect him to use a hand tile cutter or would you expect him to do a top notch job with professional tools

jouk45

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 09:48:47 pm »
works the other way to,  custys have droped trad for my services, becouse they get more for value,

ian1972

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 09:50:18 pm »
the 1s that tend to prefer trad are the older custys,but each to there own

Anglocom

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2009, 09:54:41 pm »

value for money?? consider this would you employ a decorator to tile your bathroom and expect him to use a hand tile cutter or would you expect him to do a top notch job with professional tools

Agree with you Chris - professional tools allow you to provide a professional service.

How's business in Diss?

Paul
Good ol boy from Hempnall.  ;D

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2009, 10:00:41 pm »

Agree with you Chris - professional tools allow you to provide a professional service.

How's business in Diss?

Paul
Good ol boy from Hempnall.  ;D

Good Paul
ticking along nicely

tomy jackson

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2009, 10:05:03 pm »
iv gon WFP for my safety not sped ,as for frams thers moor trad that dont do tops or sills or the sides of the frames ,its the custys who are w***ings who wood rarther you put your life on the line ,hears a lital tale a old mate of mine coms over to say his windy fell off at his ,any way windy wos in hopital 3 weeks pins and bolts ,can you do mine i sad yes but if he coms back he can have em back , dun em wonce next time he came out and says hes got a trad giy cose wife dont like em wet ,no mater wot hapens il not go bck to laders and stuf em allythats custys and the trad giys who pull us WFP down

ftp

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2009, 10:11:44 pm »
I am 99% wfp but the custies don't appreciate the running costs and many view it as cheating. they don't like paying £15 for fifteen minutes of squirting the windows.

I wouldn't care how a decorator cut the tiles - all I would care about would be the end result and the price.

SteveAllan

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2009, 10:21:53 pm »

?? For starters i wouldnt employ a decorator to tile my bathroom, think i'd probably look for a pro tiler who will be experienced in both hand tools and your latest top notch wet cutter only then will i be confident of a quality job.
Theres too many WFP guys quick to knock trad who probably dont know what to do with a squeegee, in my limited experience you need to know trad even if your wfp to cover all jobs and more importantly call yourself a window cleaner.

tomy jackson

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2009, 10:22:10 pm »
thats not new as it wos the same with the sqegy and chamos

tomy jackson

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2009, 10:30:12 pm »
i dont kock trad lads rown my way i bont goand say to custys look at the tops of your  frames or the sqegy marks or the scrim marks on the sides or tell em thay use firy liqid so tha get durty qiker ??

andyjm1

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2009, 11:34:22 pm »
My customers love wfp because of the excellent results. You will always get few people who think the old ways are the best but it doesn't bother me if that's what they want to think, let 'em get on with it.

Rob.Hall

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2009, 12:12:53 am »
With trad or wfp its how you clean at the end of the day.

ian1972

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2009, 08:41:21 am »
at the end of the day nobody is knocking trad guys as most people started that way.but with everything in life practice and regular use you get better at it but at the end of the day we are talking window cleaning not rocket sience or hart surgary,just window cleaning and thats all it is just be good at whatever your job is