Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

concept

Re: MERLIN USERS-PLEASE ADVISE
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2009, 01:33:11 pm »
i did that, its been sent back now...didnt increase production at all.

elite mike

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2009, 01:51:36 pm »
i did that, its been sent back now...didnt increase production at all.

cannot understand why that is

but i have used one of these pumps

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Propump-12v-80psi-diaphragm-pump-New-Fits-TSR35-ESR18_W0QQitemZ130318118017QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA?hash=item1e5790ac81&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=|293:1|294:30

from a very low pressure to boost water up to between 70 to 80 psi no problem

and left it running 24 / 7

and there are forum members who have seen it in action

concept

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2009, 04:44:12 pm »
mike, put that before ro yeah?

will it raise my 30psi (outdoor) tap pressure to the required levels for the merlin?

if so, i will be buying one!

what power supply does it come with? can you run it off mains?

thats what i had:

http://purefreedom.co.uk/aquatecbooster.html

GWCS

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2009, 05:59:14 pm »
concept that pump linked is a battery operated pump. Its 12 V DC. your gonna need a transformer for that.

Its not a heavy duty pump designed to run 24/7

For a merlin you need a heavy duty booster pump run directly from the mains.

such as these..

http://www.ro-man.com/shop/product_info.php/cPath/28/products_id/245?osCsid=82b36b8e3d6cb7fe845c46a28245c037

http://www.wintecs.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=58_79&products_id=650&osCsid=6f220e2897bb3be67af4859ad3a8034a

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2009, 06:50:41 pm »
Right, a lot of you on here will have read and re-read my various trials and tribulations of my merlin system, and TDS issues, but I will add a quick brief to bring you up to speed, just before I sling it out the window and reverse over it a few times...

ok, so, to get you up to speed:

Source: 335
After RO: 79
After DI: 18

So, took advise on here and from a supplier, ordered new filter and membranes for merlin.

Fitted, ran system, resulting in TDS after RO @ 60-65.

Spoke to supplier, who advised me it could be my water pressure, as i was running standard garden hose to garage, then through system.

Moved system to outdoor tap, which runs just under 30psi.

Ran system for hours, and still resulted in TDS after RO @ 60-65.

Ended up taking the system up to Steve CM, who kindly ran the system up to see if it was a pressure issue, it made no difference at his place, still ran @ 65 TDS.

Spoke to supplier again, who advised pressure may be too low, and to run system off washing machine outlet in the house, as the pressure is around 40psi.

They kindly sent me some fixings for the tap, and the original pipework, to give me the best possible chance of building pressure up.

Hooked it all up to the 40psi tap this morning, been running it around half an hour now, and still coming out at TDS of 60+/-.

I really am about to give up here, as this is just getting beyond a joke.

I have been told that 40psi is enough to get the membranes operating effectively, but it appears not.

I have spent a lot of time and money on this system, and can't afford to replace it just yet, however, it appears I am at a loss with it if my water pressure isn't sufficient to get the TDS down.

A question...would a 4040 be ok off a 30psi outdoor tap?

My merlin is running on about 35 - 38 PSI and produces at 025.  Source water is about 200 though so that may be making the difference.  In fact, before I restricted the waste, I was getting 006 from it.  After restricting, it was 016 but has gradually climbed in the past few months.
PS.  I restricted the waste as it goes into a ditch and there were complaints (justified) re mosquitoes.  It's a good place to have a setup and I wouldn't want to risk annoying the owners.

smearo

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2009, 07:28:52 pm »
concept ive been thru the mill with my psi and merlin... all sorted now.. just got 300l in 1.5 hrs get on to cleanining spot they have just the booster pump you will need for yr merlin trust me i used to get about 25 psi now up to 60psi let us know how you get on
regards ffc

concept

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2009, 08:02:31 pm »
ffc, you have mail

concept

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2009, 08:34:56 pm »
just goin to have to bite the bullet and buy a booster, spent too much money on this set up to sell it for a loss now.

i am sure once i get the booster ffc mentions, it will produce lots of pure for me, and be just fine.

fingers crossed...

then in time i can get my 4040, sl pole, fixed hose reel, ibc, transfer pump, new pump and flow controller...lol

cybersye

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2009, 09:24:57 pm »
Hi concept, your situation almost mirrors mine. Sorry it may not be what you want to hear but you are wasting your time and money with the merlin, go hf5 as soon as you can even if it means wasted money, you will not regret it and you can concentrate on the job in hand, running your business and cleaning windows and you will soon leave all this grief far behind you. good luck.

concept

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2009, 09:49:59 pm »
thanks for that cybersye, i am 100% in that mindset, a hf5 as SOON as i can. my main aim is to get this thing sorted, so it will do me a few months, til i can afford the hf5.

also a priority is a carbon pole, to save my body!!!