Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

F.A.O Ewan
« on: July 25, 2009, 02:51:03 pm »
I have reposted my thread for you Ewan, as the previous one was locked, Ian Giles seemed to have his reasons for that, why he didnt just delete the replies I dont know, anyway mate....

Hi Ewan, I have noticed a few of your posts on here, and reckon that you are a guy who knows what he wants with his business. You seem single-minded and determined, I admire that. Its something I strive for continually in my work life.

Anyway, enough of that, can you give me a bit of background about your setup (customer numbers, domestic/commercial ratios etc, system, number of guys you emply etc) and working life, and what it is that drives someone someone like yourself so determindely.

Cheers.

Jan Grzebski

GWCS

Re: F.A.O Ewan
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 02:53:51 pm »
hmm, I too am miffed as to why the "pointless posts" could not have just been deleted

So i will reply, my original post that was to the point anyway.

Many have asked this question and they are still left waiting, so good luck finding out.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 03:01:41 pm »
the replies were deleted, but the nature of this thread will almost certainly lead to replies that will need constant monitoring.
It is also a personal and direct message for Ewan, ergo it really isn't for anyone else to respond to as they cannot answer the questions asked! So any replies will freefall...this is really a question you should put in an email...

But we'll see if Ewan responds....

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

GWCS

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 03:22:58 pm »
the replies were deleted, but the nature of this thread will almost certainly lead to replies that will need constant monitoring.
It is also a personal and direct message for Ewan, ergo it really isn't for anyone else to respond to as they cannot answer the questions asked! So any replies will freefall...this is really a question you should put in an email...

Ian

Certainly agree, however no one knows ewens email addy as his profile has been left blank.

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=11403

so you have to either ask here, or not at all since there is no pm feature available at this forum.

However this post is pointless to the original question so please feel free to delete this post after its been read.

matt

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 03:51:08 pm »

he will respond, but it will be far too a clever reply for humble window cleaners to understand

we just will not get it  ::)

cozy

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 05:51:00 pm »

he will respond, but it will be far too a clever reply for humble window cleaners to understand

we just will not get it  ::)

You were right Matt. Look at his answer in the "average price" post, after Malc Gold. Makes your eyes bleed, like reading Nostradamus.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 05:55:01 pm »
I thought it sounded OK !!!!!

cozy

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009, 05:55:34 pm »
Thought you would

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2009, 05:56:01 pm »
why ?

R W C

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 05:57:51 pm »
Leave the guy alone its really getting boring now, if you dont like his posts etc dont read them just skip them, its not really a wc thread is it as its personal, I feel like some people had a issue with him to begin with but now theres a lot more followers who will just post about him because everyone else does. I feel like im back at school.

Chris

cozy

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2009, 06:02:47 pm »
Because it doesn't matter what Ewan posts, he makes the reading count go up, this in turn makes the forum look like it's rocking on. Truth is I suspect, people want to see if he still gets away with belittling other members. That's why. All of us have weaknesses, some are aggressive most of the time. Some lose motivation etc etc. One of my weaknesses is, I find it hard to suffer fools. Ewan is a red rag to me, because he is condicending and arrogant to this trade and all (unless they have big contracts or more than one vehicle) who give advice on here.

If you think I am spitting out my dummy, that's up to you Dave, I just wonder when you mods' will be consistant, in Ewan's case.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2009, 06:08:22 pm »
Cozy

I treat everyone the same, including Ewan, it is a bit hard to come down on someone who i see has being constantly harrassed by the same 4 or 5 posters every time he opens his mouth.

I see his post makes sense, he seams to have grasped in a short time what it took me hell of a lot longer to do.

Some things you just cant make up, you either know something or you dont

R W C

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2009, 06:12:11 pm »
I think theres a lot worse on this forum then Ewan with wasting post numbers, none of Ewans posts have ever bothered me and from the people having a go at him I think theres a lot more people who probs think the people who are always having a go at him are being a little silly, like dave said it is always the sameones.

cozy

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2009, 06:18:19 pm »
So from that bland whitewash of his post, tells you he knows what he is talking about? The same 4 or 5 posters are jumping on him, because they can't suffer fools either. I expect If you read Waterfed's question,would you then think it was really answered. All he really said was, at one point he had 200 to 300 custies and his biggest custy now is 8K, All you are doing Dave is helping him by backing him up. That's up to you. If you think I pick on him, why did you discribe him before as being like" Halfwit on BB"?

Slumpbuster did it in a nutshell, with "Forum cat being kicked".

By the way RWC, you are right, I may look silly. That's up to you to think what you want. But as I said, I have a weakness, and that's a problem for some people. I try not to offend window cleaners.

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2009, 06:29:38 pm »
No one braggs or swaggers more than me on here ewan.No one minds you disagreeing or having a contrary view.The issue is that you have no realistic comments on the actual job, or it's execution such as george or otherwise, systems, and equipment. Ie the suspicion is you are not a window cleaner. Not that that matters, but that is the perception problem.
if you wish to remain an enigma okay.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2009, 06:43:37 pm »
We can all be who we want to be on here, we dont have to answer to anyone.

The halfwit comment wasnt an insult, it was an observation.

Now I feel i am being dragged into something over nothing ?

Dave

ronnie paton

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2009, 06:50:39 pm »
half wit is extremly clever and sucessful.........i would take this has a compliment.

i dont see whats wrong with saying he had 200-300 customers and is biggest customer is £8k a year?

cozy

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2009, 06:51:25 pm »
Dave, I didn't want to "Drag" anyone into a scrap. I've said it is a weakness of mine. There is nobody on here that I can remember sniping at or having an issue with. Surely if I control my weakness all of this "thing" I have with fools, then it will never be a problem. I will ignore Ewans posts and all will be well.

But you are right, nobody has to answer to anyone else. It was just me and my little weakness.

cozy

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2009, 06:53:43 pm »
Yes Ronnie, if you say so, my point was, the question wasn't answered.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2009, 06:57:33 pm »
Lets all have a group hug, aaaahhhhhhhh      ;D