Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mr D

learly lost it today :(
« on: July 24, 2009, 10:05:42 pm »
Red rage came over me today big time. been quite a while since work made me angry.

I turned up at my 1st customer for the day at 9:30, knocked the door. ''Hello Mr Barrett come to clean your window's you ok to open your side gate?''

"erm yea, oh hang on" he said before popping his head in side the door. ''could you pop back in an hour were just a bit busy at the mo''

fair enough so I said I'd come back in an hour.

hour passed and I pulled up on the drive again he came to the door before I had the chance to knock again.

"could you come back in another hour my...." at this point I turned and began to walk away.

"dont worry" I said as I walked. HE tried to call me back but I just sat in the van and said "Don't muck me around, clean em your self".

I pulled the van next door and got out to do theres he went in then came out a min later saying he was sorry and he didn't want to fall out over it it was because his wife was getting dressed. If he had said this to begin with there would of been no prob

After I felt really silly and un professional for losing it. I did his windows and we shook hand but I'm still angry with my self. Any one else lost it with a customer? Did you fill guilty?

DaveG

Re: learly lost it today :(
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 10:17:16 pm »
She must be a big old unit if she takes an hour to get dressed mate!
You can't polish a turd

stephen s

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 10:20:23 pm »
never for something as trivial as that,   if I were that customer I would have told you never come back with an attitude like that.    just because you get up out of the wrong side of the bed doesn't mean you can take it out on the customers who are actually your bread and butter.

we all have experiences with customers but throwing our toys out of the pram is not the answer,    in business mate they saying is the customer is always right.

clean

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 10:34:41 pm »
never for something as trivial as that,   if I were that customer I would have told you never come back with an attitude like that.    just because you get up out of the wrong side of the bed doesn't mean you can take it out on the customers who are actually your bread and butter.

we all have experiences with customers but throwing our toys out of the pram is not the answer,    in business mate they saying is the customer is always right.

So you don`t mind being messed about,i`m with mr D on this one if this was one of my custys they`d be dumped i run my business to suit me i`m "self employed" and don`t want any tom dick or harry to tell me how to run my business

mr D

Re: Nearly lost it today :(
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 10:35:32 pm »
Sorry just need to give some back ground on this guy.

He is one of those people who look down there nose at every one. If you could see the look he gives me when I knock on his door you would think I'd asked him if it would be ok to sleep with his daughter.

I would never of lost it if it wasn't him. I've been doing his windows on a two monthly for about 5 years and in that time he's told me not to bother because they didn't need it about 6 times. I'd of dropped him like a ton of bricks but he's really convenient coz hes in the middle of a coldysack and perfect to park to get the whole lot.

as for getting out of bed the wrong side and throwing my toys out my pram. wind your neck it! if you will run around like a blue arsed fly all day for a customer when they have no consideration for you. then you must be desperate for work. I dont need customers like that. he would of cost me money for traveling to and throw. That's bad business!

the customer is always right 'IF' you want the custom. what would the point of him telling me to not come back again if I'd already told him to clean them him self????? ???

clean

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 10:38:22 pm »
and also stephen s NO THE CUSTOMER IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT !

smearo

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 10:56:23 pm »
i would of decked him mr d lol  ;D ;D

elite mike

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 11:00:16 pm »
just a thought

perhaps he was getting his leg over  ;)

mr D

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 11:00:29 pm »
i would of decked him mr d lol  ;D ;D

lol. once upon a time mate, to much to lose these days;)

mr D

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 11:01:40 pm »
just a thought

perhaps he was getting his leg over  ;)

naa he was in the lounge and she was upstairs.

seandyer2003

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2009, 12:41:00 am »

i think you are getting on your high horse pal. if it was me i would of been exactly same, if you are losing time and money you will get stressed! and he said he felt bad and rectified it but still i feel he had a reason to be upset

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2009, 01:22:38 am »
Sometime customers just don't think,. If I really liked them they may get away with that, as long as its unusual, and there's probable more to it than he has said. If they have done similar before then its goodbye.
IMO MR D you was right to be angry and the customer realises that and values your service and that's not bad.

Sussex by the sea

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2009, 06:33:09 am »

He is one of those people who look down there nose at every one. If you could see the look he gives me when I knock on his door you would think I'd asked him if it would be ok to sleep with his daughter.

I would never of lost it if it wasn't him. I've been doing his windows on a two monthly for about 5 years and in that time he's told me not to bother because they didn't need it about 6 times. I'd of dropped him like a ton of bricks but he's really convenient coz hes in the middle of a coldysack and perfect to park to get the whole lot.

as for getting out of bed the wrong side and throwing my toys out my pram. wind your neck it! if you will run around like a blue arsed fly all day for a customer when they have no consideration for you. then you must be desperate for work. I dont need customers like that. he would of cost me money for traveling to and throw. That's bad business!

the customer is always right 'IF' you want the custom. what would the point of him telling me to not come back again if I'd already told him to clean them him self????? ???

Sounds like one of those that would have been dumped years ago if it was one job on its own.  I've got a couple like that too.  I suppose that if you're going to dump them, it's better to do it calmly but I screw up occasionally too so no judgement from here.
If this customer cost you a bit of time it can feel like "Excuse me Mr Window Cleaner while I remove £5 from your wallet"

peter holley

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2009, 08:02:53 am »
when people mess me about..... especially people who are like him, (looking down their nose at you), it does really annoy me.

its funny , sometimes as I pull up in the van , I often ask myself, what silly excuse, or silly comment, or complaint are they going to make this time.?

I try not to retaliate though, in your case I wouldnt have gone back, he would have missed his slot, so  i would have just said "I'm sorry, but I am far too busy to call back later. I'l see you next time"  The other thing I do when someone talks to me as if im poo, is I dont give them eye contact.  I'l fiddle with my phone, look in my book , etc...it just shows them that they really arent that important to you.

anyhow, if a customer really values their service I usually find that missing them out for a few cleans sends them the message that you can survive without them and that if they wnt you they need to behave themselves ;D

R W C

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2009, 08:35:06 am »
when people mess me about..... especially people who are like him, (looking down their nose at you), it does really annoy me.

its funny , sometimes as I pull up in the van , I often ask myself, what silly excuse, or silly comment, or complaint are they going to make this time.?

I try not to retaliate though, in your case I wouldnt have gone back, he would have missed his slot, so  i would have just said "I'm sorry, but I am far too busy to call back later. I'l see you next time"  The other thing I do when someone talks to me as if im poo, is I dont give them eye contact.  I'l fiddle with my phone, look in my book , etc...it just shows them that they really arent that important to you.

anyhow, if a customer really values their service I usually find that missing them out for a few cleans sends them the message that you can survive without them and that if they wnt you they need to behave themselves ;D

im  with p holly. when he said can you make it another hour i would of responded with lets make it 672.

Slash

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2009, 08:36:50 am »

Complete Bollix,they are not always right,I get it sometimes when people mess me about,I don't go back for the simple fact there is alot more bigger and better work waiting,you must be a real mug to put up with crap or really desperate. ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2009, 09:11:33 am »

He is one of those people who look down there nose at every one. If you could see the look he gives me when I knock on his door you would think I'd asked him if it would be ok to sleep with his daughter.I would never of lost it if it wasn't him. I've been doing his windows on a two monthly for about 5 years and in that time he's told me not to bother because they didn't need it about 6 times. I'd of dropped him like a ton of bricks but he's really convenient coz hes in the middle of a coldysack and perfect to park to get the whole lot.

Now I've got a bit more flesh on the bones of this story ...

The bit in red above seals the deal - it was his attitude - if it was some guy with a wife with MS or something then I might tolerate it with an explanation that my time is important and I have a lot to get through, but if she's just a lazy old bird who thinks "it's only the w/c, stuff 'im" then I can understand your irritation!

And if the positioning of the van is useful then that might be a factor (I love the spelling of cul-de-sac BTW! ;D) - actually why not park across his drive to do the close and when he asks you to move your van ask him to come back in an hour as you're busy!
It's a game of three halves!

johnny_h

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2009, 09:22:49 am »
if i was working in the street i would of come back at the end of the day otherwise i would of skipped him till next month someone  getting dressed is not a valid excuse to be turned away i had a guy as me to only do his windows when im passing ! last week he bumped into me " we havnt seen you since early march whats happened?" " ive not passed your way since last time i saw you " says i
AUDI VIDE TACE

peter holley

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2009, 11:37:30 am »
I called at one house to collect money...he was one of those full of self importance....ya, ya ,  ;D anyhow he says can you call later im eating my tea....well I smiled and off  I went... I clean his neighbour every month and opposite etc, but i'v never been back. He still ows me the money, and a few months ago, he came and  said I'v got a cheque for you...he expected me to knock on his door and collect it, even after I told im why he was dropped he idnt have the decency to bring the payment to me ::)

as  has been said by malc, if he had a sick wife or something else it wouldnt have been a problem... the problem was his snobby "ya  ya " attitude.

theres been bird poo on his dorma window for months ;D ;D ;D

martinsadie

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2009, 01:56:32 pm »
i would have left it till next time,but if he said his wife was getting dressed told him to pull the curtains