This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

macmac

New SLX Users!
« on: July 24, 2009, 07:14:20 pm »
So, you all seem to be overjoyed with your new poles. The question is- Is the slx worth three xtels?

This has been the response on more than one occasion in the past when I've posted how good the slx is. "Harris this, Harris that, I can buy three xtels for the price of an slx!"
Some don't seem to get that cost, (as in pounds sterling) is a smaller factor than you realise regarding the purchase of a real pole. Inferior poles will cost you much more in many other ways.

Do you get it now you've seen the light? :D

GWCS

Re: New SLX Users!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 07:20:10 pm »
what?

dd

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 07:20:39 pm »
I reach the vast majority of my work with a 17 ft xtel.

Is it worth the extra investment to replace this with an 18 ft slx?

I can understand the advantage of the longer versions of the slx though.

GWCS

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 07:26:20 pm »
I reach the vast majority of my work with a 17 ft xtel.

Is it worth the extra investment to replace this with an 18 ft slx?

I can understand the advantage of the longer versions of the slx though.

oh right i understand the question..lol

I never used another form of tele pole except for a ionic universal

Ive been using the RT zensor flex fishing pole option.

I can reach most of my work with a £15 pole which was miles better than a glass tele pole, SOO much lighter.

However i thought it was time to get a much stiffer carbon tele pole - ok so the weight has gone up a bit from the fishing pole, but its so much stiffer.

end of the day, its what you want to pay out for and what you will be using day in day out for your profession.

No brainer for me, money doesn;t come into it, the lighter and stiffer the pole the easier my job is.

gary999

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 07:34:12 pm »
So, you all seem to be overjoyed with your new poles. The question is- Is the slx worth three xtels?

This has been the response on more than one occasion in the past when I've posted how good the slx is. "Harris this, Harris that, I can buy three xtels for the price of an slx!"
Some don't seem to get that cost, (as in pounds sterling) is a smaller factor than you realise regarding the purchase of a real pole. Inferior poles will cost you much more in many other ways.

been using my harris for twelve months nearly, £15 ,cant see an
slx beating that for value :)

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 09:40:44 pm »
I've seen the light macmac and it turns out you were right all along because the slx has revolutionised the way i work.

It's lighter, it's stiffer, it's all the things they say it is but mostly it's easier to use, less stressfull on the body and a terrific money earning tool.But how do you go about connvincing a £15 harris DIY bloke that my 22'slx £250 +vat is far better value for money?

The answer is that you probably can't. Here are some points to be considered;

Even with my usual 17' xtel at full horizontal and near angles, at least four times a day i have to use step ladders to get the angle i want- and still a proportion of windows are unreachable.Not only is this very hard phyically, it is also unsafe, and the time getting step ladders on and off the van is not only non earning down time but demotivating. Wi th the slx i can get all windows from the ground and the phyiscal strain at full extension is a lot less.

Because the weight is less i can bo more and be less tired.

At night i have fewer aches and strains and can sleep better.

But it's more than that, now that i've tried it for myself i shall be getting my helper one, so that he can earn me even more money.

For those who think differently a year from now think of all the money i'll have wasted on fancy kit and all the money you'll have saved. Who do you really think will be better off?

ftp

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 09:52:29 pm »
God slump, you took your time an S2 and an SLX - the best combination money can buy.
It pays to invest (in the right things).  ;)

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 10:08:00 pm »
I got a 34' hybrid much earlier and this stopped me because although it's cumbersome and i don't like using it, it will do most things.

To reitterate, yes i have a 56' sl2, and yes a 22' slx, and yes two cox reels with the electrically driven conversion.

Investment does indeed always pay- but both you and i are allowed to make some wrong decisions and still be massively better off than someone who doesn't invest all but doesn't make any mistakes either.

My next investment is a brand new van. I would like a 1200kg scudo short or long wheel base, or a ducato, to take an 800 or 1000 l tank. What do the clever people drive?

billy08

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2009, 12:09:55 am »
Harris does 90% of my work :),worn out slx does the other 10% :(

easy

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 05:14:20 am »
Harris does 90% of my work :),worn out slx does the other 10% :(

What do you mean your slx is worn out???? You telling me that my new SL-X has a short life span...you are joking surley?
 ???

tomy jackson

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2009, 06:29:47 am »
hiace for smart peps ,hes worn out 6 haris poles and his other pole wich is the six

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2009, 06:40:03 am »

I've had clamping issues with the SLX but they will be resolved soon when I get them re-clamped.  Apart from that, for me, it's the lightness of the SLX that lets me work faster that is proving to be the very big plus.

STEVE-UK

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2009, 08:17:17 am »
so whats the life span of ans slx?

jouk45

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2009, 08:40:22 am »
i know what you mean, i use the harris pole 100% on all domestic, and it is incredibly light, probily not much weight diffrence from the sl-x 18ft, to get an extra 4ft i just took the base section of my 17ft xtel and fitted it on the harris, i now reach 26ft  ;D but if i was to go any higher, i would buy the sl-x over 30ft,

billy08

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2009, 09:08:49 am »
What do you mean your slx is worn out???? You telling me that my new SL-X has a short life span...you are joking surley?
 ???
Dont panic, I bought one of the first ones a year ago,the new ones probably last longer.

I just use it on higher work now and the Harris for everything else.

R W C

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2009, 09:12:00 am »
 ???
Dont panic, I bought one of the first ones a year ago,the new ones probably last longer.

I just use it on higher work now and the Harris for everything else.

Hows yours worn billy

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2009, 09:59:31 am »
so whats the life span of ans slx?

I've been using my MK1 from when it was first launched, so that's almost 2 years now. Pole doesn't show much wear at all.

The trick is to keep the pole hose off the ground, hence dirt isn't brought in the pole. That's the main cause of wear.

I use a pole hose tidy, one of the best things on my pole in my opinion.

R W C

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2009, 10:02:02 am »
The carbon on the new slx is totally different to the new version, the new one is just like the facelift and looks like it will wear a lot better. Ny only problem is it is stiff to pull each section and doesnt glide out.

Chris

pingu

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2009, 10:04:21 am »
I have to agree with gqc but I have yet to find a method that is 'easy' for me to stop the pole hose touching the ground.

Cheers
Dave.

GWCS

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2009, 11:11:33 am »
The carbon on the new slx is totally different to the new version, the new one is just like the facelift and looks like it will wear a lot better. Ny only problem is it is stiff to pull each section and doesnt glide out.

Chris

yeah i noticed that. it kinda rumbles with the carbon. still having never used a mk1 i cant compare the 2, but im loving my one.