This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

suds window service

got mine today did me own windows to try it out,bit stiff opening and shutting it don't want to scratch the surface anything you can rub on it to help it out?
    also herd about the nut problem is this due to over tighten them,so if we dont we should be OK?
 and lastly i hear there is an extension that will take the 18ft up to 24ft when is this available......as it will be the only pole we will need to carry!!!!

TDW

Used mine for the first time today. An absolute beauty!!

Clamps are a massive inprovement on the mk1 slx. Flocked brushed is excellent. The overall look and feel of it is just more professional. I love the red and yellow strips on it to indicate how far to extend.

It simply superb!!

billy08

Lucky u didnt buy one of the first ones then >:(

bad trippy

Oh that's gotta hurt  ;D Get the ladders off the roofrack and break in thru an open window...........I would  :) You got no idea just how good it is mate. You must feel awful.........I'm kiddin,patience my friend...patience  8)
NOOOOOOOOOOOO ladders are banned  ;D ;D ;D
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

R W C

Lucky u didnt buy one of the first ones then >:(

whats wrong with the 1st ones then.

Chris

billy08

After 9 months it was unusable,spinning and sliding etc.

Had two services aswell,you live and learn,if these new poles last longer I might get one.

Just have to wait a couple of years ;D

Untill then the good old Harris rules

pingu

I understand where you are coming from Billy08....not eveyones SL-X mk1 has lasted 18months and still looks and works like new.

I still maintain that carbon is a fantastic material but is does wear...so my opinion is at these types of poles need to be flushed out regulary to rid the surfaces of grit which I 'believe' may add to the wearing of the pole.

I have no actual evidence to prove this point but this has come about from my own observations whilst using a SL-X mk1 from the 20th May 2008.

If your need a bullet proof pole buy Aluminium.

Cheers
Dave.

R W C

Had two services aswell,you live and learn,if these new poles last longer I might get one.

Billy mine was doing this, spinning all the time top 2 sections closing down with a little pressure and i was getting ready to replace it with either the fusion or glyder as he clamps where as tight as poss, but Alex has since fitted the new clamps on it and this has improved it by loads, so give this ago. Alex can do this at his place or he posts the clamps out.

R W C

The latch has since changed as a old one was put on till the new ones where in stock.

Chris

GWCS

I understand where you are coming from Billy08....not eveyones SL-X mk1 has lasted 18months and still looks and works like new.

I still maintain that carbon is a fantastic material but is does wear...so my opinion is at these types of poles need to be flushed out regulary to rid the surfaces of grit which I 'believe' may add to the wearing of the pole.

I have no actual evidence to prove this point but this has come about from my own observations whilst using a SL-X mk1 from the 20th May 2008.

If your need a bullet proof pole buy Aluminium.

Cheers
Dave.

Is opinion is 100% correct, all telepoles with internal hoses need cleaning out regularly, maybe every day to keep them in tip top condition, and apply dry ptfe spray for protection.

You pole is only as good as the effort you put into keeping it clean and in good condition.

Alex Gardiner

A set of new style clamps will cure this.  Do you want me to send you a set for you to fit?  If so, give me an email on alex@agardiner.co.uk

GWCS

right second day with my new slx 22 - f'in love it! Alex sent me some replacement nuts, after 3 of em broke on the first day and i have ensured they were as lose as possible but tight enough to hold the pole.

Its much stronger and more rigid than the RT zensor flex fishing pole i used to use, although a bit heavier.

When extended, the weight is not that noticeable, as the slx is quite rigid where as the fishing pole used to flex a bit so you used to feel the kinetic and potential energy of the brush head.

When shortened for ground floor, the pole still feel a bit alien to me, rather heavy but i suppose it would seeing as im not just using 1 fishing pole section.

Im also able to put a lot more force behind the scrubbing action (cos the pole is not bending), because of the rigidity, which also helps a great deal on the clean.

Looking forward to the next week using it...

I reckon a cost saving of £10 a day for not having to get step ladders off the van soon meets the initial cost.

Besides that, i would rather eat bird lime sandwhiches than go back full time to my xtels now that i have used an SLX. The job is just pleasanter and easier, you either put a value on that or you don't.

I have never seen a facelift ewan what is the closed lenght approx?

GWCS

Off the top of my head at least six & half feet, probably closer to seven

How tall are you then? you pole must be what?? 14 foot long ish?

;D

ftp

Where can I get a £500 carbon facelift please?

ftp

Facelift don't do a 30'.

Google some proper facts Ewan.

ftp

That's because i'm a window cleaner. You would need to buy a Fusion to get 30' but then it's not the same quality carbon throughout as the SLX.

ftp

I remember you said you set someone up in a window cleaning business earning £30+K per year.

Were you a careers advisor at school?

ftp

Has FTP....how you say it? Caught a fishy?

Jan Grzebski

Tropical?