Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

drive surgeon

from now on theres no messing!!
« on: July 22, 2009, 02:41:53 pm »
from now on im getting each custy to sign for the work to be done or they are not getting it done, simple!  today i did an oil removal job on flags, toold custy it may not shift cos its been there for years, after i finished the oil had not come out fully.  custy refused to pay in full the amount owed to me for labout plus chemicals.  >:(

im getting a disclaimer printed out so they can sign it.  especially after the clay paving episode, i have to go see the customer tonight as her husband wants to see me  :'( :'(

i phoned my friend who is a solicitor tho and he said i did job fine. it was all the heavy rain of late that washed it all over blocks.  not my fault.

paul beckett

Re: from now on theres no messing!!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 06:20:43 pm »
i've had a few problems like you , but they thankfully were all mouth. but i'm thinking of doing a disclaimer aswell, i think it would solve alot of s--t, especially when you do a good job and put hours into it. you cant keep everyone happy i suppose, yeh im definetely going down disclaimer route,its a shame it only takes a couple custys to ruin the trust thing.

kind regards
paul

Richy L

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 06:38:28 pm »
If thay want a written quote I put it on that. That way, if they ask you to carry out the work, they have agreed to what it says on your quotaton.

paul beckett

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 07:18:56 pm »
yeh excellant advice. some people might feel its a bit formal i suppose,
 either they like it or lump it i suppose.

kind regards
paul

drive surgeon

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 07:30:43 pm »
thanks guys,  i just went to see the guy and he said if i dont sort the job out with the clay paving he will sue me and i will lose he said! :'( :'( :'(

paul beckett

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 08:50:22 pm »
fu--er

drive surgeon

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 09:03:13 pm »
i just dont know if it went to court whether he would win??

The Great One

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 11:09:25 pm »
thanks guys,  i just went to see the guy and he said if i dont sort the job out with the clay paving he will sue me and i will lose he said! :'( :'( :'(

And what makes him think he will win?

You could just hand it over to the insurers, let them take the hassle.

Had a guy 5 years ago who wanted £3,000 off of me for a kitchen floor, once I stopped laughing I just called my insurance.

Regards

Martin 8)

drive surgeon

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 02:51:49 pm »
does your liabiltity insurance cover suing and court costs?  if so does your insurance go up the following year cos you have claimed?

chosker

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2009, 04:56:34 pm »
your insurance might go up a bit, if it goes up by too much change companies to one that someone on here recommends for cleaners.  I would leave this to your insurance though as they will know eactly what to do, and also if the client is talking bull then they will know this.
If you don't want to go to an insurer then speak to your solicitor friend for a bit longer - maybe he can help more?
Your obviously worried about it - best pay a bit extra through insurance or whatever and get rid of the sress (just my opinion)

C x