This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

drive surgeon

block paving is high maintenance.......
« on: July 20, 2009, 05:20:43 pm »
i would never get block paving as its very high maintenace,  i used to seal block paving with resiblock after going on the course but even with that stuff the moss grew on top and the custys had to pay a small fortune to get it done.  had a few custies saying the weeds and moss have come back worse than ever this year after just cleaning and sanding last year as i stopped sealing 2 years ago now due to the hassle of doing it and wet weather etc.
 i tell custies to apply a weedkiller a few times a year but they never seem to and im not going to do sealing anymmore so what is the answer?? ???

drive surgeon

Re: block paving is high maintenance.......
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 05:24:11 pm »
i used to use resiblock superior 2 coats and resiblock 22 1 coat.

the superior glossy used to go dull after a while and moss used to grow on top after 6  months same with the 22 but. the superior used to cost the custy a fortune as it was 2 coats which was double the labour charge.

karygate

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 06:58:47 am »
i tell the customer the same and those that do it their drives stay the same but about 2 years in now and the ones i did at first are still pretty good.maybe its about where in the country you live,quality of drive in first place etc.
gary

jonnyald

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 07:14:30 am »
my ol mums got a block paving drive that was forever sprouting weeds etc / in the end i went out and bought a few big bags of salt and  scattered it brushed it over . 3 years later ,still no sign of weeds

drive surgeon

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 04:27:04 pm »
i know a few custies that put a bag of salt on blocks and they never get weeds either.  it might be the best thing to combat it, who knows?

karygate

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 08:26:14 am »
i am going to try it on my own.
gary

drive surgeon

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 02:50:21 pm »
let us know how you get on mate>> ;D