Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

croxley steve

door knockers
« on: July 20, 2009, 02:25:07 pm »
hi
just searched for doorknockers web site and its been disabled . anybody know why or whether theyve started up under new name

Steve CM

Re: door knockers
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 02:47:11 pm »
nothing would surprise me but its more likely he hasn't paid what was owed for the website. He has a knack of doing that ::)

paul bass

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 12:39:34 pm »
Thanks for that Steven B! Nice Character Assasination there! Do you even know me?

Certainly dont think i have ever worked with you, this site is amazingly good at doing its best to cast doubts on other peoples work, especially if they are not directly window cleaners(though i was one for a year)

Most of the people who come on here to have a go at me, are people we have worked for and then when WE walk away because of nothing we have done, but in fact more to do with their own bad customer management or downright lack of ethics themselves.

A 10-20% Cancellation rate is normal for us, but when we get hit with 50% cancellation rates it does'nt take long for us to find that the window cleaner concerned is being highly dishonest, and when we no longer supply them with customers they get the hump, come on here and have a go!

Paul

paul bass

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 12:41:28 pm »
Oh and i changed the website address to http://www.doorknockersgb.com,

From the old http://www.doorknockers-gb.com

Paul

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 01:12:06 pm »
Paul

If you have a problem with people who come here and slag you off, then i would look for a solution.

1/ Resolve amicably issues with the window cleaners you have worked with, surely it cant be that hard to meet up with the problem customers and walk the round together to speak to the custommers.
2/ If this forum is the Issue, then dont recruit from here
3/ Work on your interpersonal skills, so you can better explain yourself, instead of saying "this forum is ........blah blah blah"     That attitude wont win you any favours

If the problem keeps repeating itself, i would suggest your business model is flawed.

Regards

Dave

paul bass

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 01:19:27 pm »
Hi David,

I have been doing this 5 years and am still in business finding customers for window cleaners so my business model is fine!

I just get a bit annoyed with people coming on to this site, to have a go at me when the vast majority of the 150 window cleaners we have worked with are very happy with what we have done for them, i am sure you would have something to say if people were berating you.

Paul

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 01:21:31 pm »
I would have something to say. But I would get to the bottom line and work out why they are saying things.

What I meant to say if you have a lot of upset customers, then there is something clearly wrong.

Dave

paul bass

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 01:33:19 pm »
Hi David

I dont have a lot of upset customers thats the whole point.

Bearing in mind we have now set up 150 rounds, the one or 2 window cleaners who have issues with me are more to do with the fact that WE walked away from them because their cancellation rates were very high compared to what we usually get, (50% as opposed to the usual 10-20%)

We rang the customers who were 'Cancelled' and as far as they were concerned they were still being served.

Paul

ian1972

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 01:34:17 pm »
you cant please every1 there always the odd moaner no matter what job u do,

paul bass

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 01:38:01 pm »
100% right there Ian!

Lol

Paul

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 02:11:45 pm »

Most of the people who come on here to have a go at me, are people we have worked for and then when WE walk away because of nothing we have done, bu

Paul

Sorry Paul Its just that you said most, that does sound a lot more than 1 or 2

Like I said earlier, you need to explain yourself better.

Dave

paul bass

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2010, 02:43:26 pm »
Hi David,

And the others  i refer to are people who have never used us, and are stating things that they know nothing about, the other 2 i have mentioned, i worked with them for quite long periods of time, until things went pear shaped.

If people need to check, the quality of my work, they only need to ring window cleaners who have worked with me in the past, and am prepared to supply the numbers on request.

Paul

Steve CM

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 03:31:25 pm »
you have worked for me!

i shouldn't of said that last comment but i know you and your operation to well Paul. I ain't gonna start to slander you but you need to stop with all the "It only happens to a select few..blah blah...."  i know of more than 10 window cleaners that have used your service and not 1 are impressed and all have had more than the cancellation rate your stating. One of your canvassers worked for me for over a year so i know that side as well. The window cleaners use you because they have no other option in getting work.

paul rulton

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2010, 06:53:24 pm »
paul bass has worked 4me 2, & ive never had a problem with any of the work he has got in 4me. he has also done work 4a good friend of mine.... again wiv no problems. i think wiv anythin 2do wiv the public ur always gonna get a few who like a good moan. i may b new 2 this site.... but ive been window cleaning4 just over 20yrs. so u could say i know the windows quite well, & been there n done it.

Mr T

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2010, 07:39:41 pm »
Speak English

martindrz400

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 07:47:53 pm »
A year ago or so i was the winning bidder on ebay for a small round in cambs he was selling.
after winning the auction , he was not happy with the winnig bid and fobed me off, and was rather rood (should of took it up with ebay) just be aware.......

stfc

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 07:48:17 pm »
he is talking english,i managed to read what he said....Maybe get an eye test  ;D

Rogue Trader

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 10:11:06 pm »
I have used Paul Bass and Doorknockers and i was not desperate and had lots of other options , they were the best canvassing company that i have used and they got me quality work ALL of which i still have , i used to be a canvasser so i know how hard it is to please all you moaning penny pinching w/c'ers , canvassing is always gonna have its down side , BUT i have nothing but praise for Paul Bass and Door knockers , he may have had a few dodgy canvassers in his time as a lot of you out there have had dodgy window cleaners i would reccommend him highly and suggest anyone who wants a canvassing service should use him ,  ;)

JamesTurnbull

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2010, 11:20:24 pm »
does anyone know a canvasser who covers middlesbrough and darlington ? as i dont want to be paying a massive amount it petrol cost for somebody to travel up

paul bass

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2010, 12:29:59 pm »
Hi Martindrz400,

What you refer to was when i first started Doorknockers, about 5 years ago now, i had just signed up to E-bay, was very unsure how it all worked, and it sold my own personal round for £50 or something??

Since then i realise that you have to put in a minimum offer, but i did not know that back then.

Paul