Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ALEXDH

Using ultimate master
« on: November 24, 2003, 12:16:09 am »
I have it on good authority  alot of you chaps use the ultimate master.

Just playing with me ninja , sorry if i have not replied to calls could not hear the phone.

Nieghbours love me at the minute  >:( >:( >:( >:(

How do you chaps get best results from the ultimate master, it says you can use it as a prespray as well, i take this needs to be sprayed and agitated whilst at 50 c ? mmm  ??? ??? ???

Side comment but  :oamazed  :othe difference a really good agitation makes to the end result. Dont laugh im learning. :-[ :-[ :-[

Whats you tool method on stairs are you quite ruff with tool agitating whilst on the cleaning stage or have you done the groundwork to just stroke your tool professionally in nice neat strokes.

Ill be getting my proper training soon but want to find out as much as possible.

Thanks gents

Alex

Mark Betts

Re: Using ultimate master
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2003, 12:26:29 am »
ALEX

Pre vac carpet

spray down u/m with your wand direct from machine.

Agitate wit rotary, sebo or brush  what ever u want.

Extract as normal with u/m.

Afterwards any stains remaining use your appropriate spotter and extract , but to be honest the only spotters i use these days are Citrus Gel and Alltecs Tea and coffe remover.

Stairs.

Go to your local Horse and Rider shop and buy a brush they use for grooming horses with. Only cost a couple of quid  literally.

Spray stairs from top to bottom.

Go back to top and use the brush to agitate.

You will find u get a lot more pressure when using a hand tool so u dont need as much agitation.

Normally one pass and a dry pass does it for me.

Ta

Mark

Yes is is designed for use at 50c but to be honest i use it at higher temps and no adverse effects.
A Dog Isnt Just For Christmas.........  Save a Bit For Boxing Day  !!!!!

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2003, 01:00:59 am »
I do the same as Mark. I have used many different powders over the years but must honestly say Ultimate Master is the best I have found so far.

Cloverleaf

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2003, 05:15:45 pm »
I have just started using u/m and pre spraying from wand with good results.
Saves time on filling sprayer and pumping up etc.
John

Tony_Browning

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2003, 06:23:10 pm »
Howdee
I also Use UM...the only thing that irritates me is the build up of scum it leaves in machine/buckets etc...
other than that a it's very effective and good value for money...I use it in conjunction with alltecs odour clear..on every job..because the smell stays in the carpets for days after you've cleaned.
I do prespray with apump up rather than my wand.
Rgds
Tony
Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire.
"A Local Company with a Passion for Exceeding Expectations"

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2003, 06:41:06 pm »
Alex

You've got sound advice here on how to use Ultimate Master. You can find out more by following the links at www.alltec.co.uk

I've used U/M myself to great effect in the past. The temperature restrictions on the product are, I gather, to do with the self neutralising properties it has. I was told that, in use, U/M has a pH of about 10 which self neutralises down to approx pH8.0 post clean. Elevated temperatures will cancel out this property even though it may clean better at higher temperatures. The reason I stopped using it was because, with continued use on say a stain, it will whiten the carpet. U/M contains whiteners according to the Alltec web site. Could this be the reason the product has lost it's Woolsafe Approved status?

With the knowledge of the one restriction mentioned, I feel you will be able to use Ultimate Master to great effect and achieve superb results. If the carpet is mega dirty, you can just use an appropriate pre-spray and continue with U/M in your HWE tank, subject to the usual tests and safeguards.

Safe and happy cleaning:)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Dave_Lee

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2003, 11:02:13 pm »
Ken,
I didnt know U/M had lost its Woolsafe Approval. As to the reason. I understand many "Approved, products with regards to all sorts of applications, in order to remain "Approved" the manufacturer has to renew annually with a hefty fee! I am not saying this is the case with "Woosafe" as quite simply I dont know. However this practise does bring into question the ethics of such schemes and the reliability of "Approval" in the first place. I know at least one manufacturer who felt uncomfortable with these ethics and dropped one of his products from the "Approved" list of an otherwise seamingly Authorative organisation.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2003, 06:13:30 pm »
Dave

Woolsafe has withdrawn accreditation for Ultimate Master, Traffic Lane Cleaner and Master Stain Remover.

After speaking to Woolsafe, I can confirm that the information you were given about ongoing fees for approved products is correct. But only to a point. When a product is originally tested, it is quite involved and costly to test. But although the manufacturers are fully aware of the parameters, there is still a relatively high failure rate, so the products are taken back and re-formulated or approval is abandoned. However, on an annual basis, Woolsafe will take in a batch of product and carry out less intensive tests to make sure that the product has remained within the parameters as it's quite easy to have variations in the raw products etc. They charge a fee for this, but to quote Woolsafe it is "less than half the original fee".  There seems to be more and more Woolsafe approved products becoming available, so the system must be viable and cost effective for most manufacturers. There are now offices in Australia and USA so the word is spreading.

Safe and happy cleaning:)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

G Rhodes

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2013, 04:42:31 pm »
Hey All  - picking up an old thread

I have been given some free Ultimate Master 4kg but i only want to use it as a prespray. On the tub it does not say what mix it is for prespray or much about prespraying at all - are you sure this stuff is still presprayable

Ive been using solutions stuff -  mpower and SPM which ive been impressed with - is UM as good

http://www.alltec.co.uk/shop/article_T%252FUMS/Ultimate-Master-4Kg.html?sessid=6sJgEjhnNyHptW9aDQMjbZuoA1Rpir4dta5TcvxLYRWHmomRQdlU6Iaz4sodFmw9&shop_param=cid%3D10%26aid%3DT%252FUMS%26

Thanks

G

gwrightson

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2013, 05:10:34 pm »
........... and here is me thinking we had Ken back then i saw the dates   ;D

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2013, 07:14:47 pm »
no Geoff, just another name dropping thread....

benny d

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2013, 06:05:28 pm »
I use SPM as a pre spray, and use Ultimate Master in my solution tank.
Personally I would not use UM as a pre spray, as SPM does a great job for me. Its my fist tub, and cant see the bottom of it yet!
"If i'm not in action, I'm in traction"
Voted 397th best looking carpet cleaner in West Sussex 2015. Up 10 from last year...

Griffus

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 08:41:07 pm »
........... and here is me thinking we had Ken back then i saw the dates   ;D

Geoff

I was in touch with Ken via email the other day.

He is keeping well and I'm pretty sure he still posts on CT.