This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

poole bay

joining forces
« on: June 29, 2009, 10:48:33 pm »
got a chance to join forces with 2 of my best freinds put all work in and have a 3 way split only thing is we have 2 vans one a transit and my traffic they have one year left on theres for payment and i have 2 years is it easy to add all in and have 3 owners partners ect the work is there after going out getting a little more any help on this would be good i no i can ring the tax office but i wanted to coume and ask you guys and girls as most on here give good advise thanks regards carl..... ???

matt

Re: joining forces
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 11:06:14 pm »
the first question i would ask is :

WHY

what do you hope to achieve / gain ? ? ? ?

windowswashed

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 11:07:04 pm »
Don't do it, reconsider your options. Friendships and partnerships fall out when they are in business over money all the time.

p1w1

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 11:10:48 pm »
Don't do it, reconsider your options. Friendships and partnerships fall out when they are in business over money all the time.

Agree with the above posts if its not broken don't try and fix it.. I would really give it some real thought before you go jumping in..

paul

wfp master

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 11:37:37 pm »
been there done it. stay on our own money is a funny thing people get greedy fall outs , back stabbing. time off & they still want same split when u have done all the work. stay on your own then you know whats yours is yours less stress less hassle.

stephen s

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 06:55:19 am »
thing with joining forces is that out of the 3 of you one has to be in charge other wise it just wont work,  no matter how big the business or the company someone has to be in charge.     so after building up your company are you prepared to take orders ?   because 2 of the 3 will have to

why put yourself under unwanted pressure ?    don't you enjoy being in control ? 

if my business fails its because of me and no one else and the same applies if its a big success its because I made it a success and no one else.

I'm sure that when you wake up and smell the coffee your better judgment will kick in

LWC

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 07:34:56 am »
Dont do it.

simon knight

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 07:39:33 am »

That sort of "merger" only usually suits the weakest member of the partnership. Assuming you're not the weakest link I would keep your mates as mates and your business separate.

Londoner

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 07:44:02 am »
Where can you gain from such a deal? DON'T DO IT. It will all end in arguements.

Dave Turley

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 07:59:22 am »
don't do it!

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009, 08:07:59 am »
Don't do it - it never works out.

At most swap days work - you do a days work for one of them in return they do a days work for you, each of you keeps the money from your 'own' work.

mr D

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2009, 09:26:13 am »
see I told ya maleenoss.

Your good enough to go it alone.

if i can do it with my out goings and make a success of it any one can!

Ravensford

Re: joining forces New
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2009, 09:42:31 am »
At the moment what you put in is what you get out of it. With three people, what happens if one person is sick or has an off-week.

Will you be a bit miffed that you are working your (wheel  ::)) nuts off whilst others are gaining the fruits of your labour?

What happens if the other two want to take the company in a different direction to you & you don't agree?

What happens if the other two want to buy themselves/the company two new vans that you can't afford. You object but you get over-ruled?

Don't say that'll never happen!!!

If any of these scenarios, or worse ones, make you uncomfortable then it's time to trust your gut instinct.

Hope this helps.

M Henderson

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2009, 06:21:57 pm »
At the moment you probably think it will be great because it's your mates.
Once the novelty wears off the above advice is all sound and you'll likely regret it.

If you are interested in building a business and earning decent money then stay on your own.

If you are interested in having a laugh with your mates then go for a pint with them...and work on your own.

To be fair, one good thing about working with others is that if you lack motivation having an appointment to keep in the morning gets you out of bed and maybe you stay out working longer as you spur each other on to keep going until the day is done.

But if that's the case I'd recommend you try and address the motivation problem another way.

seandyer2003

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2009, 06:37:39 pm »
I would say go in with them if the plan is to start a business with staff and you want to do in as a teamm , but NO NO NO if you are working!!

Why ?

You will earn less each day as a threesome than just plodding on your own, you will be vat registered over night, you will be culpable for each others tax and bla bla

Just NO on so many levels - who keeps books, what if they dont etc etc Dont bother honestly i did it in a partnership when i first started and bought him out as it didnt work !!

simon knight

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2009, 06:41:00 pm »

Hi Poole Bay, you've asked the question and had 13 "NO DON'T DO IT" replies.

We can't ALL be wrong!!!

martinsadie

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2009, 06:50:25 pm »
i wouldnt do it

AJ

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2009, 07:06:12 pm »
Partners are ok when you're starting up and need the input of cash or knowledge, but once you're set up you should employ not equal split.

kenaltobelli

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2009, 07:18:31 pm »
  ide do it but then i could do with some help paying the tax man; but the rest of it would be crap
   i work  for my self; my self me  i get all the glory and all the crap would not have it any other way.
 thats not true really i work for her indoors but i like to dream of working for me.

matt

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2009, 07:38:52 pm »
the first question i would ask is :

WHY

what do you hope to achieve / gain ? ? ? ?

If you don’t have a good enough answer to this question, then no I wouldn’t join forces with your mates.

watch it ewan, you quoted me and didnt make a silly remark  ;)