This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Window Cleaning Services

Re: The ultimate fixed reel setup? With pictures.
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2009, 09:05:57 pm »
looks good ;) i had a similar idea but to just have the rollers coming straight through the back doors!
Any pics??  8) syd

Steve CM

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2009, 09:09:37 pm »
i never done it. just had the idea in my mind ;)

Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2009, 06:53:56 pm »
Very professional looking.  :)  Did you get the small floor rollers from the same supplier??  8)syd

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2009, 12:43:24 pm »
Very professional looking.  :)  Did you get the small floor rollers from the same supplier??  8)syd

I did not, I got them from a user on here, who bought them from Redashe :

http://www.redashe.co.uk/Hose/Accessories/Roller_Guides.html

ftp

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2009, 11:15:38 pm »
My thoughts are: super job well done but I can't see the need for such an enormous roller to give only 180 degrees on the bumper. I would prefer the wide one to layer the hose and the small one to change direction on the bumper. Maybe if it could have been mounted under the van you could have got a wider angle? I get the same angle with a 'd' ring clipped to the back door (admittedly with the doors open) or I can get several angles by dropping my hose through an inch diameter short pipe in the floor under the hose reel (doors locked). If you did without the bumper rollers altogether you would have a bigger range of angles. I think I would have moved the hose reel futher back (closer to the door).
 Just nit picking really great job.  :)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2009, 09:18:27 pm »
Just an update on how it's working.

The rollers started to get very noisy, the problem is, that if the hose isn't in the middle of a roller, the roller starts to wobble, it's too small to notice it obviously, but the harder you pull the hose, the louder the noise gets, could wake somebody up! Fixed it with lubing the nylon bearing in it with some roller bearing grease. Works very smoothly now.

Another issue is that there is no way to remove an airlock with a fixed hosereel. What I did is, after the pump and DI's I put a Y piece, one goes to the van port, the other one to the hosereel. On the hosereel elbow is a valved QRC hozelock type connector. To get rid of an airlock, you turn the valve off, and plug your double male in the van port, and just put the pump controller on full, and let the air come out. No problems.

Also, simple pipe clips do not hold the hosereel, you need the special pipe clips with the snap lid on them. I haven't put those new clips on there yet, but with sharp cornering the hosereel falls over.

That's all really, it works fantastic, very happy with it! :)

jouk45

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2009, 10:21:51 pm »
i like it a lot, very  proffesional  nice one tim

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2009, 10:34:10 pm »
i like it a lot, very  proffesional  nice one tim

Thanks mate, I'm always wondering what other window cleaners think of it when I drive past haha. Must puzzle them a bit if they aren't wfp.  ;D

MoemGorod

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2009, 07:39:02 am »
We used to.

Too heavy, too big.

Regards,

Vadim
www.MoemGorod.com - WFP supplier in Russia & CIS
www.MoemGorod.ru - WFP WC in Saint-Petersburg

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2009, 08:16:18 am »
Wow, those look very heavy.

pingu

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2009, 01:42:18 pm »
They look like those COX reels...ker-ching...Anyhow's I have been giving this some thought given that I have started the ball rolling on my 110 restoration.

So I thought...how's about mounting a reel on a swing-away spare wheel carrier?

Thinking about I how I work...I do not really need to go into the van very often...so

Here are some pics to explain...

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2009, 02:25:54 pm »
You really need to get out more Pingu  ;D Do you sleep at night with all these thought buzzin round ya head?  ;)

pingu

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2009, 02:38:48 pm »
It's a busy place...lots of chatter ;D many opinions :-\

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2009, 03:24:16 pm »
I respect ya really ping. Without alex jouk and yourself, we'd still be using chaois leathers  ;)

wizard

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2009, 03:30:01 pm »
First class job Tom well down.

wizard

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2009, 03:31:33 pm »
Forgot to ask what size water tank in the van looks big dut still lots if space at the back.Thanks

Scrimble

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2009, 04:28:18 pm »
that is the shizzle, well done i want something like that for my van i hate lifting the reel in and out all day

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2009, 06:07:52 pm »
Forgot to ask what size water tank in the van looks big dut still lots if space at the back.Thanks

It's a 400l, it's all about doing as much as you can with the space you have. It took me a little while to swap some things about, see what works best for me. I find that the more organised my van is, the faster I work. :)

The van looks a lot different now with the 4040 in it, will have to do a picture update.

Spruce

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2009, 07:01:38 pm »
Hi Tim
What have you done with the spare wheel?
Spruce

I took it out, gonna buy one of those canisters that you can fill your tire with in case of a puncture.

Hi Tim
I was talking to the local tyre centre yesterday and the manager told me that the use of a puncture repair canister in an emergency makes the tyre unrepairable, so they would replace the tyre, no matter what. I didn't know that!
Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2009, 11:59:14 pm »
Hi Tim
What have you done with the spare wheel?
Spruce

I took it out, gonna buy one of those canisters that you can fill your tire with in case of a puncture.

Hi Tim
I was talking to the local tyre centre yesterday and the manager told me that the use of a puncture repair canister in an emergency makes the tyre unrepairable, so they would replace the tyre, no matter what. I didn't know that!
Spruce

Wow, I didn't know that either, I thought the whole point of them was that you could keep on using the tyre. Hmmm...wonder what to do.