Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Craig 72

Re: Losing faith with WFP
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2009, 04:27:27 pm »
This is a real newbie question but do all brushes fit all poles?So that Gardiners one you recommend Mac would fit my Unger pole I assume?

ftp

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2009, 04:30:46 pm »
Are you cleaning in two passes? Once for frames and glass then a second pass for glass only?
If your trying to clean frames and glass all in one go then you'll never do a good job on a first clean. Take your time then inspect the glass before you leave. You can clean with any brush if you are thorough - even a cheapo Bentley brush.
First cleans are the biggest drawback of wfp - they take far too long but can look impressive when you get it right.

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2009, 04:32:14 pm »
Thats not what I asked.

What brush is he using?

If i can be bothered to read the post then why cant you

You misunderstand, my point has nothing to do with whether I can be bothered to read the chaps post fully; my point is you think he should keep the same brush, but you dont even know what one it is. How can you give that advice when you havent got all the facts?

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2009, 04:36:08 pm »
The brush you are using IS a vikan. Unger just put their name on them & vikan make them green for them only, do don't bother getting a vikan brush.

The biggest problem with the Unger/Vikan brush is the jets are way too close to the centre thus reducing the flow to the edges of the brush. Also, even if you lift off to rinse it can be difficult to get water into the corners of the window because of this!

The best advice i can give you is to buy a super-lite brush from gardinerpolesystems. Either flocked or mono' will suite you far better IMO. ;)

Im pleased to say I taught Tony everything he knows :D

macmac

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2009, 04:36:48 pm »
This is a real newbie question but do all brushes fit all poles?So that Gardiners one you recommend Mac would fit my Unger pole I assume?

Yes, will fit your pole.

macmac

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2009, 04:40:11 pm »
The brush you are using IS a vikan. Unger just put their name on them & vikan make them green for them only, do don't bother getting a vikan brush.

The biggest problem with the Unger/Vikan brush is the jets are way too close to the centre thus reducing the flow to the edges of the brush. Also, even if you lift off to rinse it can be difficult to get water into the corners of the window because of this!

The best advice i can give you is to buy a super-lite brush from gardinerpolesystems. Either flocked or mono' will suite you far better IMO. ;)

At the cost of my wife for one whole night in return! I got the bargain!!!! ;D

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2009, 05:04:06 pm »

At the cost of my wife for one whole night in return! I got the bargain!!!! ;D

:D :D :D

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2009, 05:09:26 pm »
Matt oakley,

Frame vent or not, the water will run around and behind the frame of the top opener, and water will then run down the pane underneath, which is what it sounds like is happening.

Dunno 'bout that, he seems to think its just the corners.

Craig 72

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2009, 05:39:49 pm »
It's not just the corners.Certain first cleans on particularly grimy windows just don't seem to come up well for me no matter how many passes I make.

Gordon_Taylor

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2009, 06:06:39 pm »
Its not your brush pal its that you cannot get perfect results using wfp on first or second cleans. The results will get better but never as good as trad. Just keep rinsing dont bother wasting any more money on a new brush

Complete rubbish I'm afraid. How many trad wc's clean the frames every time?

I do.

Gordon
Quality is doing it right, even when no-one is looking.

david68

« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2009, 06:15:14 pm »
I have wfp now for 3 years and do care about the results i give my customers,
Traditional cleaning you would lose customers if they had a income problem.
Wfp you lose customers all the time, but dont get me wrong new customers still come.
But you do get fed up of trying to get new customers and the only reason i find it hard to return to ladder work is because i have seen my hourly rate increase.

Anyway its easier and less assel to do your first cleans the traditional way.
Then when finaly you water fed them you may keep the customer but if you dont it will be because of this.

Another thing i use is a harris pole to attach a mop head onto so i can srum clean and dry the uppers sills, i find this takes a little longer but the sills get cleaned better.

Dave
David

www.ccwin.co.uk

My learning hobby
www.dbritweb.com

birdymiller

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2009, 06:55:11 pm »
Thats not what I asked.

What brush is he using?

If i can be bothered to read the post then why cant you

You misunderstand, my point has nothing to do with whether I can be bothered to read the chaps post fully; my point is you think he should keep the same brush, but you dont even know what one it is. How can you give that advice when you havent got all the facts?

You misunderstand i dont want the guy to waste any more money on wfp than he already has. In my opinion brushes make no difference its the amount of rinsing.

edd

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2009, 07:08:00 pm »
YOU have to remember that wfp is a tool and you have to master this tool  ;D but if
you are doing first cleans that have not been cleaned trad  we ALWAYS use a bit of
 soap in a bucket and if its really bad then use some trf dip the brush in the bucket
of soapy water ( im waiting for the uproar ) and scrub all the frames and just a touch on
the glass to soften the crap do all the windows upstairs and down rinsing all the soap off!
then go back to the first window and wash the glass only and not the top frame then rinse off
with a lot of practice this will be second nature BUT only go for the soap if its a real first clean
hope this helps as its the only way we do it bytheway we have never been called back in 4 years wfp

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2009, 07:08:43 pm »
You misunderstand i dont want the guy to waste any more money on wfp than he already has. In my opinion brushes make no difference its the amount of rinsing.

He hasnt wasted any money on WFP, its an investment  ;D  ;D he'll do very well out of it, especially if he invests in quality equipment.

Just because you couldnt master different brushes doesnt mean he cant.

Stick with mate, one day you'll get it.  ;D ;D

To be honest I'd go back to siliconing them waspys mate ;D  ;D ;D ;D ;D

dave0123

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2009, 07:11:26 pm »
Well i used to use that green unger and ive been wfp for about 16moths and everytime i cleaned my own house the windows would spot.. not on customers just mine even when i took my time.

i got the sl dual trim wazed over my windows there was very little spots one or two at the top of the window but very good standard.

so it obviously does make a diffrence in rinsing
Dave.

jouk45

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2009, 07:44:43 pm »
i will keep on saying it  ;D unger sill brush tops them all, dont listen to all the hype about it being to heavy, its all rubbish, you use a light pole and the sill brush for perfect balance, domestic only of course, if you intend working all day every day,

ftp

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2009, 07:59:36 pm »
NO NO NO not in a million years  ;)

It's like using a house brick with a hedgehog strapped to it!

jouk45

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2009, 08:05:39 pm »
the sill brush is my Success to perfection  ;D its flocked, you can rinse on or of, clean sills and botom frame in one go, it splays well into the corners, and will out last any brush for wear, and cheaper, stay on the glass in heavy winds, you know you want one ftp  ;D

ftp

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2009, 09:28:06 pm »
 ;D I know I had one  :o First brush I ever used, I thought it was so good I bought a spare then out of curiosity I tried the original Superlight (cheap as chips Bentley only not that cheap after vat, etc).  Stuck my new sill brush on ebay straight away.
Still got the original, just use it for weight training or mucking out the stables, that kind of thing.  ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2009, 07:39:03 am »
;D I know I had one  :o First brush I ever used, I thought it was so good I bought a spare then out of curiosity I tried the original Superlight (cheap as chips Bentley only not that cheap after vat, etc).  Stuck my new sill brush on ebay straight away.
Still got the original, just use it for weight training or mucking out the stables, that kind of thing.  ;D
the original super lite, (bentley is the worst brush I have ever used) the new duel trime flocked however is fantastic.
Vikan sill brush is my guys brush of choice he seems to love it ::)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)