Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Craig 72

Losing faith with WFP
« on: June 21, 2009, 12:39:38 pm »
Hi all.I'm still reasonably new to WFP and I'm having teething problems,to say the least.I'm still struggling to get first cleans look right regardless of how much scrubbing and rinsing I do.Especially on upstairs windows with really ingrained dirt and flecks of paint etc.I did two houses next to each other in the week and thought it went ok but when I've stepped back the windows looked awful.I had to re-do them trad.Felt a right mug but luckily I get on well with the customers and they were fine about it.Then later on in the week I had my first customer that refused to pay.She pays via an SAE so I went round to check it out and I couldn't blame her,to be honest.Windows looked lousy,especially right in the corners of the windows.I'm considering going back to doing first cleans trad.Any advice?I'm sure I'm spending enough time on windows and I'm rinsing like crazy so there must be something I'm doing wrong.Brush perhaps?I'm using this pole:

http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/shop/index.php/vmchk/Water-Fed-Poles/Unger-Hi-Flo-Advance-Poles/Detailed-product-flyer.html

Mr Formby

Re: Losing faith with WFP
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 01:10:55 pm »
I know it might sound daft but have you checked your tds. Most problems are user error

Craig 72

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 01:36:40 pm »
Yeah tds is fine.I'm sure the problem is with me not the system but I'm struggling to see where.

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 01:39:48 pm »
First cleans......

Do all the upstairs frames and rinse them as you go round. Go back to the first window do upstairs glass and rinse as you go round. Go back to first upstairs window rinse all off once more.

Repeat downstairs.

Scrub scrub scrub rinse rinse rinse.

simon knight

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 01:55:01 pm »

Of interest. Was wfp invented as a better alternative to trad in that it gives a better result?  Or was it invented as a safety thing?  Or was it invented purely to reach windows that would otherwise be inaccessable?

dave0123

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 02:00:30 pm »
I was using the same brush the green UNGER one which is ok but try changing to a superlite one i finding there bit better. Not saying that is going to solve your problem but might help along the way
Dave.

Mr Formby

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 02:04:31 pm »
I had the same Unger brush , but changed it  to a Vican . I thought the Unger brush was not up to it . Do you have a Vican to try

birdymiller

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 02:07:34 pm »

Of interest. Was wfp invented as a better alternative to trad in that it gives a better result?  Or was it invented as a safety thing?  Or was it invented purely to reach windows that would otherwise be inaccessable?

I think it was invented to make window cleaners life a hell of a lot more complicated and more expensive

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2009, 02:41:40 pm »

]Have you tried avoiding the top edge of the frames?[/i]  Try this.  And make sure it stays totally dry too, otherwise dirty water will run down. 

The thing about the top edge of frames is that if they dont have vents then theyre perrfectly safe to scrub and rinse, ther is NO difference to doing those top edges than there is of the glass in the frame.

If theres no vent and you scrub ~ rinse then they'll be clean and there'll be NO dirt to run down, only clear water.

Craig 72

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 03:19:38 pm »
Thanks for the tips everyone.I am scrubbing and rinsing a lot so I'm sure thats not the reason.I'll get a vikan brush and give that a whirl.I'll persevere and just hope things get better with experience.

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2009, 03:25:07 pm »
Get one of these, the SL Dual trim mono.

birdymiller

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2009, 03:27:47 pm »
Its not your brush pal its that you cannot get perfect results using wfp on first or second cleans. The results will get better but never as good as trad. Just keep rinsing dont bother wasting any more money on a new brush

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2009, 03:30:42 pm »
What brush is he using birdy?

andyjm1

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2009, 03:32:01 pm »
There's nothing wrong with those brushes, I use one everyday. Wfp does take a bit of getting used to but it's worth sticking with. Best bet might be to find someone local who will let you work with them for a day.

andyjm1

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2009, 03:35:41 pm »
Its not your brush pal its that you cannot get perfect results using wfp on first or second cleans. The results will get better but never as good as trad. Just keep rinsing dont bother wasting any more money on a new brush

Complete rubbish I'm afraid. How many trad wc's clean the frames every time?

birdymiller

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2009, 03:41:42 pm »
What brush is he using birdy?

Ive used 3 different types and it hasnt made any difference to results

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2009, 03:51:56 pm »
Thats not what I asked.

What brush is he using?

birdymiller

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2009, 04:00:34 pm »
Thats not what I asked.

What brush is he using?

If i can be bothered to read the post then why cant you

birdymiller

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2009, 04:02:58 pm »

Complete rubbish I'm afraid. How many trad wc's clean the frames every time?

dont know, how many wfp wc's clean the frames every time?

macmac

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2009, 04:13:44 pm »
The brush you are using IS a vikan. Unger just put their name on them & vikan make them green for them only, do don't bother getting a vikan brush.

The biggest problem with the Unger/Vikan brush is the jets are way too close to the centre thus reducing the flow to the edges of the brush. Also, even if you lift off to rinse it can be difficult to get water into the corners of the window because of this!

The best advice i can give you is to buy a super-lite brush from gardinerpolesystems. Either flocked or mono' will suite you far better IMO. ;)