This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Re: Losing faith with WFP
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2009, 09:04:12 pm »
Most days after doing jobs so fast which used to take ages i`m still so surprised at how good a job it does,losing faith no way if anything gaining more and more confidence in WFP it`s all down to the user IMO if your having lots of trouble look at your technique and work at that because 9 times out of 10 that`s what it`ll be.

windowswashed

« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2009, 09:25:22 pm »
Very rarely ever get a complaint about my work. For the last 2 years I switched from using 2 jets to 4 jets on a brush which I prefer. However, I think I've reached the point where I get carried away sometimes and try using too much water too quickly as I've been noticing a few runs lately on some of my work so I've started to slow down a bit now as I think that has been my problem (rushing too quickly with too much water). Anyone had the same problem?

JackiGab

« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2009, 10:35:01 am »
You never get a great clean first and more often than not second time due to soap build-up on glass from years of traditional cleaning so thinking that you will clean window using traditional method first time is a contradiction - you will only perpetuate the problem. Explain situation to customers without sounding too gimicky - be as honest and straightforward as possible. Bear in mind some customers will accept good naturedly others will react with scepticism. Accept that you will always have a mixture of customers regards those who have no problem with you using wfp and the others who would prefer you to use traditional - but price accordingly. Traditional should always be at least a couple of quid dearer (use of ladders etc...).

ftp

« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2009, 02:30:01 pm »
So a ten grand investment on wfp should always be cheaper than your 70p bucket  ???

NWH

« Reply #64 on: June 30, 2009, 08:12:53 pm »
So a ten grand investment on wfp should always be cheaper than your 70p bucket  ???
The answer to your question is YES,i no longer have to climb ladders any day let alone in this heat or slippery surfaces in the winter.5 years ago i would have paid 10k for that alone if it allowed me to work 3-4 times as quick as trad,cheaper than your 70p bucket i would say to anyone thinking of going WFP do it you`ll laugh at the way you used to clean windows and be amazed at how quickly you get through your work,i spoke to a WC today who reckons he needs another 1/2 a round cos he`s blitzing through his work like me lol. ;D

seandyer2003

« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2009, 08:15:30 pm »
You never get a great clean first and more often than not second time due to soap build-up on glass from years of traditional cleaning so thinking that you will clean window using traditional method first time is a contradiction - you will only perpetuate the problem. Explain situation to customers without sounding too gimicky - be as honest and straightforward as possible. Bear in mind some customers will accept good naturedly others will react with scepticism. Accept that you will always have a mixture of customers regards those who have no problem with you using wfp and the others who would prefer you to use traditional - but price accordingly. Traditional should always be at least a couple of quid dearer (use of ladders etc...).

I havent completely changed over yet at all, but when i do in the next 6 months, (ive been dragging my heels as i didnt want to upset people and go slower in the intermediary period etc) but when i do thats it, ladders no more, whats the point in doing houses on ladders when you dont need too

ftp

« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2009, 08:16:29 pm »
So you are willing to clean cheaper with wfp ???

Buggered if i'm undercutting trad workers after parting with that kind of money ???

NWH

« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2009, 08:25:41 pm »
I charge the same as i would have done trad unless it`s a huge run of easy to get at glass and even then i don`t go in a lot cheaper,what`s the point as you say ftp.

firefly123

« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2009, 08:30:51 pm »
mainly invented to make some a lot of money and to an extent  safety  and some higher work
shiney one