This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JSMC

got my 1st refusal today when quoting
« on: June 20, 2009, 03:23:32 pm »
huge house in one of the plushest streets in my town.

Reckon approx 30 windows and one massive decorative window on back of house about 10 ft tall sectioned stained glass.

i quoted £22 and was told previous guy was taking 9.50 for it. Told he rno way would i be doing it for that.

I think she was really shocked TBH. was gonna give it the old

where is he now but didn't bother.

she told me he stopped coming months ago.

wonder why

Re: got my 1st refusal today when quoting
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 04:17:07 pm »

Reckon approx 30 windows and one massive decorative window on back of house about 10 ft tall sectioned stained glass.

i quoted £22 and was told previous guy was taking 9.50 for it. Told he rno way would i be doing it for that.

wonder why

I'm not going to comiserate with you.  Instead I want to congratulate you.  Congratulate you for not trying to compete witrh someone who knows nothing about pricing or who is clearly on the fiddle.

seandyer2003

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 04:20:40 pm »

wonder why

hahahaha

R W C

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 04:23:30 pm »
£22   :o   cor blimey you where cheap lol

JSMC

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 05:09:40 pm »
reckon you boys would be wanting 35-40 for it.

i felt it was a fair price tbh. I just said sorry i can't do it for that. Wasn't cheeky or anyhting just pleasant. I also text her the numbe rof another cleaning company so she can try them who i know will do it cheaper but the guys will hate the job.

i know a few of them i may mention it to them lol

tatman

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 06:09:53 pm »
if youre getting more than 70per cent of quotes you too cheap mate.  ;D

weetot

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 06:20:53 pm »
Yeh thats if the other guy was really charging £9.50p :-[

Or was he!? ;)
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

R W C

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 06:43:54 pm »
I got a call of a bloke on Thursday, wanted his windows cleaning Friday (day after call) as he had friends coming, I asked if he wanted a regular clean, he said if 1st clean was good, so he was either after a one off or didnt want to commit to a regular incase i was a bad cleaner, so took a look while he at work and arranged to ring him after 18.30 as thats when he gets home, I ring at 19.00 no answer so leave message on machine to ring me back, rings me at 12.00 the next day, can you do it today he says, told him I was really busy but could do at 16.00, I said youll need a price 1st, (4 bedroom house with big L shaped con about 14 panes) I told him that on a regular clean would be £18 but 1st clean will be £36 as it hadnt been cleaned in about 4 years but if he was on a regular clean ill do 4th clean half price, he said no sorry too expensive like it was my loss, funny thing is I got the neighbour at the same price.

prestigeclean

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 07:09:30 pm »
i was approached by a lady as i was cleaning over the road , priced it up at £18.00 she said the previous guy had been doing it for 3.50 , i could,nt help it i burst out laughing , needless to say i did,nt get it regards alan

R W C

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 07:16:14 pm »
i was approached by a lady as i was cleaning over the road , priced it up at £18.00 she said the previous guy had been doing it for 3.50 , i could,nt help it i burst out laughing , needless to say i did,nt get it regards alan

I see your van the other day packed outside a block of flats.

macmac

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2009, 07:36:19 pm »
I got one for 60 where the previous guy charged 25
got one for 230 where previous was 180
got one for 15 where previous was 9

Haven't been turned down for 2 years now & that one was for 55 with a previous 15!

Your not trying hard enough! ;D CHARM :-*

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009, 08:20:21 pm »
Thats a very good point what Tony makes there.

I have a round infested with retained firefighters, not only do they do loads of windows here the buggers live around here too, theres hundreds of 'em; and we all know what they price like.

Ive lost count of the work Ive picked up from them though, my first question is always who was your last cleaner. Then my next point is I tell them what the firefighter charged them and give them my price, it amuses some custys how accurate I am with the other guys prices  ;D

Anyway I think my most notable increase in securing a job was one where the guy used to do it for £26 and I got it for £65

NWH

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2009, 08:42:07 pm »
I couldn`t give a monkeys what the other monkey charged them my price is my price,1st thing i say is where are they now and charging that price all i can say is they can`t have been doing it to make a living.Never look to keen to get the work make it look as if it makes no odds to you either way whether you get it or not,heres my price let me know if you want me to put you on my books not do you want me to do it now.

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2009, 08:50:03 pm »
reckon you boys would be wanting 35-40 for it.

i felt it was a fair price tbh. I just said sorry i can't do it for that. Wasn't cheeky or anyhting just pleasant. I also text her the numbe rof another cleaning company so she can try them who i know will do it cheaper but the guys will hate the job.

i know a few of them i may mention it to them lol

Confession time from me now.  When this has happened to me in the past, I have sometimes given them the contact details of someone who I know will be MORE EXPENSIVE

JSMC

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2009, 09:57:36 pm »
no real loss not to get the job especially at that price. she ha smy card if she wants me lol.

move on plenty out there