Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

concept

help needed urgent! (poss blonde moment alert!
« on: June 20, 2009, 12:16:16 pm »
more help, sorry...

i have this lot:

can someone tell me how to fix the tap onto hosereel please, as i dont seem to have anything there that fits it, or am i being a total blonde...

R W C

Re: help needed urgent! (poss blonde moment alert!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 12:20:11 pm »
what hose have you got, is it microbore

pingu

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 12:47:40 pm »
The tap fits onto your pole hose....just cut the pole hose....close to the pole butt end and simply insert the pole hose into each end of the tap.

Cheers Dave.

clean

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 12:55:55 pm »
You really need a tap for your main hose(reeled hose),don`t go putting taps on poles

Window Washers

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 01:07:46 pm »
You really need a tap for your main hose(reeled hose),don`t go putting taps on poles
I say this to you Simon.

But for now, put the rectus fitting on your hose reel, and the male connector on pole hose same as that tap.
Problem with doing it this way you have to have a tap on each pole, they way I told you you dont ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

concept

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 01:14:01 pm »
I say this to you Simon.

But for now, put the rectus fitting on your hose reel, and the male connector on pole hose same as that tap.
Problem with doing it this way you have to have a tap on each pole, they way I told you you dont ;)

:-[

pain in the 4ss this, was hoping to get on the glass today.

oh well, another lesson learnt. i hoped a tap was a tap was a tap. anyone wanna buy one?!
 :'(

pingu

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 01:17:28 pm »
Concept don't dismiss that tap just yet..try it out...how many poles do you use..?

I have used that style of tap for some time and it has been fine...

Of cours the best method is to have a tap on the hose end...but you hav'nt got one so...why not use wh you have?

Cheers
Dave.

Window Washers

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 01:23:16 pm »
simon call me
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

concept

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 01:25:23 pm »
yeah, suppose.

i have 1 pole ready, and 1 harris pole in the making...

so, i actually still could use it to get me going.

need a connector for the pole hose to microbore now!

is that available at the b+q's of this world?

clean

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 01:27:02 pm »
You need this kind of tap on your main hose and then fit what ever female connector to it then the male to your pole hose  ;)

ftp

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2009, 01:42:06 pm »
The middle bit is your microbore connector, the two  on the left are for the end of a pole hose (you only need one) and the tap fits about a meter up the pole hose. Yes you will need more taps for more poles but they are very light. With this set up you never wind the hose back in with a tap bouncing down the road.

ftp

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009, 01:43:00 pm »
Ill take it off your hands if you like  ;D

DaveG

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2009, 02:12:17 pm »

Why not?

Ive got a tap on both my poles..work a treat
You can't polish a turd

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2009, 02:39:16 pm »
A lot of users do not like a tap on their hose reel as it catches when being wound in and tends to get damaged more easily.

The fittings you have pictured are exactly what I use and thousands of others and should take you only minutes to fit.

The smaller male fittings go on the end of the pole hose.

The female shut-off fittings goes on the end of your Minibore hose as below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs0iU7-yQEY

The valve goes on the pole hose about 1m up from the end connector as below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sRbAVOt4KE

concept

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2009, 02:57:55 pm »
A lot of users do not like a tap on their hose reel as it catches when being wound in and tends to get damaged more easily.

The fittings you have pictured are exactly what I use and thousands of others and should take you only minutes to fit.

The smaller male fittings go on the end of the pole hose.

The female shut-off fittings goes on the end of your Minibore hose as below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs0iU7-yQEY

The valve goes on the pole hose about 1m up from the end connector as below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sRbAVOt4KE

i hate those "can't see the woods for the trees" moments.

i really do try and over complicate things sometimes.

many thanks alex!  ;D

Simon@ Clearview contractors

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2009, 04:58:35 pm »
I've been using the same sort of taps only difference is using 10mm olives and aluminum inserts for the last 3 years, never had any problems whatsoever.

We get themfrom the local plumbers merchant's £4.60 inc. vat each.

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2009, 07:49:28 pm »
I'm not going to confuse a newcomer so please disregard what i have to say.For the first time i can remember i'm pretty sure you are wrong about this alex.IMO The best place for a tap is on the end of a hose.

The best place for a reel is fixed to a van, and the proper disipline must/should be used for walking your hose end and still attached pole back to the van.Once the tap and the pole is inside the van the hose is wound in.If the reel is to be wound in fast (electrically) this results in fewer tangles and no damage.

The pole and hose tap should stay with you at all times.The best way to do this is to have a harness that fits over your head and under one arm.IE, arrive at job ,exit van, open side door, put harness on, grab pole ,walk to furthest point,- squirt.

I can only speak about domestic of course.The easiest way to make a harness is to put thin nylon rope inside some garden hose and obtain the lenght according to your girth.

Bit of a know-all post this, but by far the best method for domestic.

Window Washers

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2009, 08:11:42 pm »
I'm not going to confuse a newcomer so please disregard what i have to say.For the first time i can remember i'm pretty sure you are wrong about this alex.IMO The best place for a tap is on the end of a hose.

The best place for a reel is fixed to a van, and the proper disipline must/should be used for walking your hose end and still attached pole back to the van.Once the tap and the pole is inside the van the hose is wound in.If the reel is to be wound in fast (electrically) this results in fewer tangles and no damage.

The pole and hose tap should stay with you at all times.The best way to do this is to have a harness that fits over your head and under one arm.IE, arrive at job ,exit van, open side door, put harness on, grab pole ,walk to furthest point,- squirt.

I can only speak about domestic of course.The easiest way to make a harness is to put thin nylon rope inside some garden hose and obtain the lenght according to your girth.

Bit of a know-all post this, but by far the best method for domestic.

The problem with having tap on pole and not hose reel is: you cannot wash hands or wash anything without using your pole to do so, have a tap on your hose reel you can.. I have tried both and taps are back on the hosereel.

I use a belt for the tap harness but do the same job so both as good as each other.

Tap should always be bought back to van before winding in.

if you dont it will wear quick, same way as if you disconect the pole tap and drag it on the floor. This is simple use preference.

Ian

luther1

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2009, 08:15:16 pm »
I have my tap just before my 'y' piece near the brush and find it works out fine,unless a boring customer wants to chat to me for an hour about their boring rose bushes while doing an upstairs window!

ftp

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2009, 09:51:05 pm »
Sorry but I have to disagree entirely with walking the hose back to the van. Doing this results in making a loop with the hose which will snag on anything. Keep the hose straight with no tap and it should come all the way back to the reel. That's the way I have it. If you feel like washing your hands then hold them under the jets of your brush. Simples.  ;D

The push fit taps are brilliant too, they can be changed in two seconds. I always carry a spare metre of pole hose with a male snap connector on the end. If your hose splits or punctures you can whip a new one straight on - no fiddling with olives and compression joints.