This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

macmac

100psi pump + digi varistream users?
« on: June 20, 2009, 12:09:46 pm »
I am trying to identify the different flow settings used by people who have this set up to see if there is a clear difference between 6mm & 8mm hose to determine the strain put on the pump & battery please.

I will kick off-

80m of 8mm hose - flow setting on 1.

ftp

Re: 100psi pump + digi varistream users?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 01:37:17 pm »
100m microbore, flow setting anywhere between six and eight pressure setting nine. Hoping to improve on this next week.

DaveG

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 02:23:04 pm »
60 or 100m of 8mm flow setting 2 or 3
You can't polish a turd

scud

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 08:12:38 pm »
  It depends how many liters per minute your pump flows, I have a 100psi pump and digital varistream and run it on number 1, which can be a bit quick with a freshly charged battery, I run 8mm microbore hose - about 95m of it now that the split ends have been removed a few times.

I couldn't tell you what flow rate my pump is without looking, but know that my mate has a 100psi pump and digi varistream and has to have it on boost (the one after 9) to get enough flow.

Craig - CW Window Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 08:33:57 pm »
hi 100m of 8mm microbore use varistream on 2 to 3 and that sometimes seems to much

macmac

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 09:08:07 pm »
  It depends how many liters per minute your pump flows, I have a 100psi pump and digital varistream and run it on number 1, which can be a bit quick with a freshly charged battery, I run 8mm microbore hose - about 95m of it now that the split ends have been removed a few times.

I couldn't tell you what flow rate my pump is without looking, but know that my mate has a 100psi pump and digi varistream and has to have it on boost (the one after 9) to get enough flow.

I'm not looking for LPM, I know we all like a sleightly different flow rate, but generally. I'm hoping to see a pattern emerge where we can see that using 6mm hose requires the pump to work considerably harder thus using more battery power.
This may help others to choose 8mm hose & use their van battery instead of all the hassle with split relays, leisure batteries & constant charging etc. I can run my system all day from a cheap 60AH battery fitted over 2 years ago. Plug into cig lighter & away.

LWC

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 09:12:00 pm »
100mm 6mm, setting 2

50m 8mm, setting 2

100 8mm also setting 2

I saw this on another forum

A=80 PSI
B=90 PSI
C=100 PSI
D=110 PSI
F=120 PSI

windowswashed

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 09:30:39 pm »
If you run 200 metres of mcrobore hose (6mm) with a shureflo pump you REALLY notice a VERY BIG strain on the pump but not with a Flojet pump fitted.

If you run 200m of minibore (8mm) with a shureflo pump the strain sisn't half as bad and no problem whatsoever with a Flojet pump fitted.

macmac

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 09:37:01 pm »
Just a thought, the jets might play a part too. I use 2mm pencil jets. My pump is a shureflo also.

windowswashed

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 09:37:11 pm »
Microbore hose puts more strain on a pump then minibore hose for definite.
Flojet pumps deal with pumping the water much better over a longer length of hose than Shureflow pumps.

DanielUK

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2009, 09:56:48 pm »
100m 6mm microbore:  Shurflo 100psi pump. I have digi varistream on 6 (pressure setting on 9)

macmac

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009, 10:07:18 pm »
That's another thing- my cut off is on 6.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2009, 12:00:00 am »
good topic this mate , im a flojet user with a valve on my pole i use 90 mtrs of clear pole hose without a varistream , 2mm jets and a hoselock hose reel and have done for the last few years .
why

fit parts that aint needed ?
tank pump hose brush & glass .

next time you are around barnsley give me a shout mate .
where theres muck theres money

Window Washers

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2009, 12:13:14 am »
I now hate digi flows, pain in the bum with the battery shut off,
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

macmac

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2009, 12:38:00 am »

This is the reason for the post Ian.

As said, my system runs perfect every day from a crap battery which never flattens. I only need flow setting on 1.

I read people with no end of problems with flow, flat leisure batteries, chargers etc.etc.

The question is, could these problems be avoided/rectified?

macmac

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2009, 12:44:12 am »
good topic this mate , im a flojet user with a valve on my pole i use 90 mtrs of clear pole hose without a varistream , 2mm jets and a hoselock hose reel and have done for the last few years .
why

Int' tarn next weekend cocker spadge, darn to see mi mam. Might gi thi a tinkle & go for a big mac darn't asda or sumat?

Translation on request.

Window Washers

Re: 100psi pump + digi varistream users? New
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2009, 04:18:18 am »

This is the reason for the post Ian.

As said, my system runs perfect every day from a crap battery which never flattens. I only need flow setting on 1.

I read people with no end of problems with flow, flat leisure batteries, chargers etc.etc.

The question is, could these problems be avoided/rectified?
so I found out on digi it has/some do a batery monitor that shuts off to save battery, I have one which is being taken out in the morning, nothing wrong with battery in said van last more than 2 days. i didnt really want one in the first place but I have to try new things, so i did and it is being swopped for manual control, less electrics less faults can happen, less hassle and I am all for less hassle  ;)

and i really should be in bed now :o just seen the time.....
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2009, 08:16:16 am »
Okay, here is my setup.

100m Minibore.

Digital Varistream : Shut-off pressure at 9, and flow on 2 for maintenance cleans, and 3 for first cleans.

I find that this way you do not get the almightly blast of water in the beginning, but the pump doesn't cycle, and kicks in/shuts off on time. Plenty of flow. Setting nr. 2 gives around 1.8lpm, and setting 3 around 2 to 2.1lpm.

I never had any problems whatsoever with a Digital Varistream, and I'm very happy about that.

I'm using a 100Aph Leisure battery from ENERGY.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2009, 08:53:29 am »
100psi Flojet pump
1 or 2 reels of 100m of Microbore
No flow controller, just tuned pressure switch
Perfect flow rate
Pump usually lasts about 3 years

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2009, 10:10:41 am »
why

Int' tarn next weekend cocker spadge, darn to see mi mam. Might gi thi a tinkle & go for a big mac darn't asda or sumat?

Translation on request.
im away next weekend mate friday til monday , any other time your about let me no mate so i can have a look at your slx .
where theres muck theres money