This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jouk45

what a plonker
« on: June 19, 2009, 09:40:34 pm »
i knew the weather forecast was for heavy rain today, but the skys where clear and sunny, not a black cloud in sight, so i hurried got everything packed in the car, and set of, gets to the first house, gets the backpack out, pole raised, switch on nothing??? looks at the red button on my control panel, no red light, then thinking o no not my switch, opens the back to check for any loose connectors, no battery   ::)  i was in such a rush i left it still charging at home, lucky for me it was only a 10 min drive, and i thought what a plonker i am  ;D

martinsadie

Re: what a plonker
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 11:06:49 pm »
plonker  ;D ;D

Chris Cottrell

gary999

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 11:12:49 pm »
been there done that....more than once ;D

martinsadie

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 11:13:48 pm »
ive hd to go back home for my cap on hot days  ;D

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 11:26:10 pm »
Been there done that, plenty of times!

Klean07

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 11:30:24 pm »
Ive done a similar thing but other way around. I once left my backpack on someones drive for a whole night. Thank god it was still there the next day. Silly me.
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

windowswashed

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 11:31:18 pm »
Very amusing. I've rushed out before and left my hose dangling from the rear doors minus a hose connection on the end from filling up the van the night before.

windowswashed

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 11:35:27 pm »
Also left a pole resting with the brush head on someones bedroom window sill. The customer phoned me up to say I'd left it and I said I'd collect it in the morning. Overnight it froze and when I went to collect it, it was still resting against window sill but frozen solid. Had to get a ladder and go up and pour boiling water over the brush head to free it from the sill. Took all morning to thaw the pole hose.

R W C

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 08:07:10 am »
Cant you charge the battery while in your van, ive just had outside sockets done so i can do this.

ftp

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2009, 08:21:14 am »
I've left pole sections sticking out of peoples hedges several times. Doesn't happen now i've gone to telescopic poles. I now leave my ladder behind instead (the one I use to jump gates).

jouk45

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009, 01:02:36 pm »
Cant you charge the battery while in your van, ive just had outside sockets done so i can do this.
the battery was on over night charging as i had been using it all day, would that not drain the car battery charging it in the car

clean

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2009, 01:06:06 pm »
Never mind what a plonker more like  what a bunch of plonkers you lot are,or am i Mr Perfect  ;D  ;D  ;D ;)

jouk45

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2009, 01:08:22 pm »
you must be  ;D

Tim82

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2009, 01:58:21 pm »
 I wake up sometimes in the night wondering if i remembered to put my battery on charge!!

DaveG

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2009, 02:08:24 pm »
the battery was on over night charging as i had been using it all day, would that not drain the car battery charging it in the car

I think what Chris means is to run an extension lead out and charge the battery in the car/van...thats what i do mate :)
You can't polish a turd

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2009, 04:28:51 pm »
i knew the weather forecast was for heavy rain today, but the skys where clear and sunny, not a black cloud in sight, so i hurried got everything packed in the car, and set of, gets to the first house, gets the backpack out, pole raised, switch on nothing??? looks at the red button on my control panel, no red light, then thinking o no not my switch, opens the back to check for any loose connectors, no battery   ::)  i was in such a rush i left it still charging at home, lucky for me it was only a 10 min drive, and i thought what a plonker i am  ;D

I've forgotten various things over the years - even my ladder when I was trad cleaning - oops !!  I've also left all money indoors and had to ask for cheques if they needed change.  I've left the pre-printed "Windows have been cleaned........" slips.  I've come out without a hosereel (in winter when I brought it in to avoid freezing).  I even forgot the scrims so tore up an old t-shirt that was about to be slung (it worked OK as I had no leaded or georgian jobs that day).  My mobile is a fairly regular stay at home.  I sometimes have to sheepishly return to a house to collect a pole.  I even left a backpack at one house.  Oh yes, and pens.  I sometimes think I should just buy two large boxes of pens and leave them in the van.  Gate keys are another one.  Amazingly, I have never yet run out of diesel but there's plenty of time yet.

R W C

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2009, 04:35:04 pm »
jo your being a plonker again,

I think what Chris means is to run an extension lead out and charge the battery in the car/van...thats what i do mate :)
Spot on, I got a electrition as a custy, got a double socket at side of house now, when finished work, van on drive, extension lead, connect to battery in van job done, theres no way id dissconnect battery and connect back up each time.